...Critique? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-22-2012, 12:04 AM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

...Critique?

So, I've come to see Zira finally growing into more of an adult.... and I wonder to myself... is there anything correct with her now that she's starting to get more mature and maybe grow into herself?

She is definitely a product of BYB, we pulled her from a really bad pet store situation, so I can assure you there is no good breeding in there. However, since she was a baby she ALWAYS would stack herself.. naturally! I never worked with her... or trained her to do it... she just would. Now, with that said.. even if I was to try, my ability needs a lot more work and knowledge! lol! So her stacks are all her..... as for me... if you all have some suggestions on how to better stack her... or any GSD for that matter, I'd appreciate it!

Basically, what I am saying is.... I KNOW she is incorrect in a million ways.... but is there anything right? I have an untrained eye, so I certainly can't tell the specifics. Either way, I love her all the same.... this is just out of curiosity.

-Some info about her-
Height: 26"-28" (she was measured a few months ago, but has since grown a bit more, so I am unsure of exact height currently... I tried to find the measuring stick... it's missing )
Weight: 65lbs

I did nothing except hold her still, she just stood there like that... so the stacking is definitely off I am sure! (this was about 1.5months ago) The sun was very bright, so her color is not this light and her back is black..

around 8 months.. can't see paws, I accidentally cut them out, sorry.

5.5 months... she turned her head, so I know this may not be the best to use for critiquing..

I know she is over standard on her height and probably will be on her weight as she is a bit underweight right now... She should be around 80lbs or so. Dam and Sire are both over 100lbs... 108 and 110 to be exact. Her hips are looking to be bad, so I know her rear end is weak. We are doing x-rays on them soon.

Anyway, what do you all see?

Alyssa
-Zira (01/09/11)
-Pakros von Jagenstadt "Duke" (01/06/10) -CGC
-Storm vom EnZ (05/16/12)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-22-2012, 05:18 PM
Knighted Member

I see a happy girl who knows she has a family who loves her!
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-22-2012, 05:48 PM

I'm lousy at criticing, so I will say, I think she is still very much a youngster and long lean and at that lanky stage,,and i LOVE long legged lanky dawgs

Diane
Ozzie vom Kleinen Hain
Danger Danger vom Kleinen Hain aka Masi
Tranquillo's Kizzy
Jakoda's Kholee
"Angel" Jakoda's Bewitchen Sami CD OA OAJ OAC NGC OJC RS-O GS-N JS-O TT HIC CGC
"Angel" Steinwald's Four x Four CGC HIC TT
"Angel" Harmonyhill's Hy Jynx NA NAJ NAC NJC RS-N JS-N HIC
"Angel" Jakoda's Jagged Edge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-22-2012, 06:56 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
I see a happy girl who knows she has a family who loves her!
Oh she certainly does! She's definitely spoiled.... such a 'daddy's girl', gets whatever she wants!! She's a lucky pup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakodaCD OA View Post
I'm lousy at criticing, so I will say, I think she is still very much a youngster and long lean and at that lanky stage,,and i LOVE long legged lanky dawgs
Lol! Oh yeah, she's still a bit awkward! She reminds me of a deer/gazelle sometimes! hehe We love her regardless!

Alyssa
-Zira (01/09/11)
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-22-2012, 07:00 PM
Master Member

I think her coloring is very pretty. She has a beautiful mask and nice strong ears. Her body looks athletic and fit.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-22-2012, 07:04 PM
Elite Member

She has nice rear angulation - not too much, not too little. Otherwise, she is kind of a mess structurally. But she looks like a sweetheart!

Djenga von Castra Regina RL2 BH HIC TT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PAM ARCH SG Kessy vom Waldwinkel 2xHGH Schh1 OB2 RL1X RL3 RN TT AD

Madina vom Arolser Holz BH AD CGC
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-22-2012, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeCe View Post
I think her coloring is very pretty. She has a beautiful mask and nice strong ears. Her body looks athletic and fit.
Thank you! Her ears are definitely very strong, they've been straight up since the day we got her at 3.5 months old. Never have I ever seen them down or floppy! I kind of like the GSD puppy stage ears though lol

And she is very athletic, not any fat on her. She stays lean and we keep her that way to give her bones a break. Since she's over standard, we want to help her bones as much as we can.

Alyssa
-Zira (01/09/11)
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-22-2012, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phgsd View Post
She has nice rear angulation - not too much, not too little. Otherwise, she is kind of a mess structurally. But she looks like a sweetheart!
Thank you for your input! She definitely is a sweetheart! Troublemaker, but still a good girl!

She is a mess, I agree... the product of horrible breeding and absolutely terrible lines (mentally and physically). But, we love her anyways.

She always seemed to have nice rear angulation. I always said it was enough, but not too much. Glad to hear I was right on that.

Alyssa
-Zira (01/09/11)
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-22-2012, 07:13 PM
Crowned Member

I can't formally critique but I would like to say that I absolutely LOVE her coloring. You can tell she has a lot of filling out to do! But I think she's a very pretty girl.

Feuergarten German Shepherds

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-22-2012, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDog View Post
I can't formally critique but I would like to say that I absolutely LOVE her coloring. You can tell she has a lot of filling out to do! But I think she's a very pretty girl.
Thank you! Yeah, she still has a lot of growing and filling in to do.... she's taking her time growing up and maturing as most shepherds do.

Her color is very interesting... She went from a typical saddle back to this! Her color has changed dramatically!

Alyssa
-Zira (01/09/11)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page