HELP with stacking job for both dogs please! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-17-2012, 12:11 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

HELP with stacking job for both dogs please!

Zefra will be going for her SG () in a few months and I am entering Stark in a CKC show when the next one becomes available.

I would like some advice how to stack them both.

The photo's are VERY dark because my camera is broken and I had to use my sister's phone. Sorry!

I like Stark's stack but not sure if I am doing him justice or not... ?

And Zefra's stack needs work.. we have just started working on her "stand" command and her "wait" command is kinda iffy if the cats are around... LOL... so we did our best. Head is too high - I know, angle is off, I know..

To me, she looks too compact, like she needs to be stretched out a bit?

G Wild Winds Zephyr of Cognac BH, HIC, NTD, ITD, CGN, TT
Wild Winds Archangel Raphael HIC, TT
XX z Weberhaus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-17-2012, 01:36 AM
Crowned Member

Send a message via AIM to Xeph Send a message via Yahoo to Xeph
Stark looks good, but I'd try and get his head (neck) up a little more. Leaning too far forward flattens his wither.

With is rear, it looks like he's toeing out with the forward foot. When you set that foot, grab him by the hock, and turn the foot inwards (towards his belly). It should then set straighter when released.

Both dogs also look a bit east/west in front. When setting the front, grab by the elbow When setting the left foot, grab the dog's head and turn it to the left while holding onto the left elbow. Rotate that foot inwards, towards the center line of the chest. Do the same for the right foot, turning the dog's head to the right as you set the foot.

The feet will want to rotate back some, but will largely stay in a forward facing position, which creates a better appearance of the front.

Try and get Stark to lean forward a bit, and get up on his toes. His pasterns won't look as soft.

Jackie and the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(and one cat)

Strauss: The Patriarch
Wesson: The Grand Champion
Mikasa: The Hellbeast
Soul Eater: The Moon and Stars Dog
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-17-2012, 04:25 AM
Rei
Elite Member

Jackie, come to Oregon and make Trent look good, please! I'll have to make another stacking video when I get the chance so you can tell me if I'm doing it right now. I've been looking back on the one I made previously and could definitely see all the points you made, especially regarding the effect leaning forward had on his withers. Wish I lived in PA, you'd probably inspire me enough to try throwing him in the AKC ring for fun

Elisabeth - Zefra does not have much rear so while she appears "compact", as you say, the stack itself is adequate. Her hock is perpendicular to the ground, which is how she should be positioned. It is more how she is built, rather than how you stacked her. She's still in that leggy stage. Xeph may have good advice for that, though, and I know when puppies are in that stage, photos don't tend to do their structure any favors!!

- Grace

"Trash" Bite Risk vom Feuergarten BH HCT-s CGCA TKN (GSD)
"Siege" Zala IPO1 (Malinois)

"Trent" (GSD) 2009- 2019; The beginning of everything
"Legion" (Malinois) 2010 - 2018; My brightest star
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-17-2012, 04:36 AM
Crowned Member

Can't really comment, but I do like seeing that their back hock is perpendicular to the ground. It drives me insane when people over-stretch the dogs and the hock is going at an angle....

Ozzy - Chocolate Pom
-FDCh-G
-TF-III
-Fastest 2012/2013 U-FLI Pomeranian

"In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page