9 yr old - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2012, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

9 yr old

My girl turned 9 last month and today we took advantage of the 50 degree temps. I know it is not the best quality pic but it is what it is. ALot of young ones are put up for crtiques so I thought it would be nice to put up my senior girl. The sit pic gives you a better look at her face.

Denise

SG Hannalisese vom Dreieck Sch1 KKL1 CD TR2 (HOT)

Malachai vom Geistwasser BH (HOT)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2012, 02:47 PM
Elite Member

She's very pretty! The more sables I see....the more I like

Candice
Mr Sherman Tank
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Everyday brings a new challenge

Kaos
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2012, 02:47 PM
Crowned Member

I'm not a conformation expert but I think you've done an excellent job of keeping her conditioning nice and lean without her becoming underweight. You see so many senior dogs that are either obese or frighteningly thin. Your girl is obviously healthy and in good condition.

- 6 years

At the Bridge:
Cash Adopted 2007 - 7/28/2010

Rocky 4/19/2002 - 1/16/2015 to DM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2012, 02:47 PM
Master Member

She's gorgeous! You'e kept her in great shape. It's nice to see seniors on the forum.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2012, 02:52 PM
Elite Member

she looks like a spring chicken!

A tired puppy is a good puppy

CODY - Sable GSD Born 11/15/09
MANDI - GSD/Husky/Lab Mix Born 6/3/06
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2012, 03:00 PM
Crowned Member

She is a beautiful lady and she looks very fit.

karen, mom to:
ace-gsd (bi-color) 6/14/2010
mandy-yellow lab 1/31/2009
dixie-shep/lab 2/21/2013

baby-terrier mix (waiting at the bridge)
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2012, 03:53 PM
Crowned Member

Ok, even though I don't know much at all about this, I'm still going to give it a go. I might be totally wrong...

Front end: scapula, humerus, and lower arm.
Scapula and humerus junction should form a right angle, and all three bones should be of equal length. In your dog, I think that the shoulder angle is, in fact, near 90* and I would guess that the scapula and lower arm are very close in length. For me, it appears as if the humerus is just a hair short, but that might be an illusion from your dog's head being low. Overall, angulation is very nice and the dog should have good range of motion.

Back end: pelvis, femur, and tibia/fibula.
The femur should attach to the pelvis between 90 and 95* when in a stack. Note that the pelvis should be around 25 to 30* from parallel to the ground, which defines the croup angle. I think your dog has a nice long (but not too long) croup with a low tail set. Angle seems very good. The pelvis to femur joint and the femur to tibia/fibula joint both appear to be 90-95* which is very good. I think this would be called "good angulation rear."

Pasterns appear strong. Feet look tight. Strong head, beautiful ears. I see the dip behind the withers, but that could be due to her head being lowered. Also, I don't yet know how to critique the withers or topline. With her head up, I think her withers would be slightly sloping (which I think is correct).

Beautiful dog! She has a very distinguished look to her.

Willy
RATCHX3 High Jinks vom Neuanfang - Gotchya Day: 1/23/2013 DN, SG, SR, CA
Inspire Spark to Ignition! (Ignite) Gotchya Day: 10/8/2016
C-ATCH Pimg - RATO, UJJ (x2), DJX, HIT, CA, CGC, High in Games, Reserve High in Standard- CPE Nationals 2014
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2012, 03:59 PM
Crowned Member

She looks great. Heck 9 is just a baby. My girl has 5 years on her. And...my girl is not looking that good. Mine would be the frighteningly thin one that Emoore described. SIGH!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page