Critique Jasmine 20 months =) - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-21-2011, 05:58 PM Thread Starter
DTS
Master Member

Critique Jasmine 20 months =)

this is jasmine at 20 months. honest critiques welcome. shes not from a reputable breeder but we all feel she's pretty special.. =]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-21-2011, 06:05 PM
Crowned Member

Nice flat back. Skinny legs (which actually doesn't bother me at all, but some like the big 'ol stumps you know). I like her rear angulation- I bet she looks beautiful in motion. She has strong pasterns, but stands east/west. I've heard people say "poor feet" before in critiques, and I assume this is in reference to the padding. In this case, it doesn't look like she has much padding- so I'll say poor feet. Not sure if I'm using that correctly or not though. She does look nice and lean with a good bottom line. Perhaps a small head, though I think this is very common in ASL dogs. Her head size doesn't really bother me. I think that there is a term to define the position of the base of the neck, where it meets the body. I have a feeling her neck position is a bit low, but I am not confident about that.

Actually- I am just guessing on all of this. That's my opinion on your dog which isn't based in a lot of education... She's very pretty! She has a beautiful "alertness" to her in that last photo.

Willy
RATCHX3 High Jinks vom Neuanfang - Gotchya Day: 1/23/2013 DN, SG, SR, CA
Inspire Spark to Ignition! (Ignite) Gotchya Day: 10/8/2016
C-ATCH Pimg - RATO, UJJ (x2), DJX, HIT, CA, CGC, High in Games, Reserve High in Standard- CPE Nationals 2014
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-21-2011, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
DTS
Master Member

yeah i really couldnt get her to "smile" at me. she would look else where and do it as you can see in her second picture. lol. she is a mix of cezch and WGSL. i want to say she's between 21-22 inches at the shoulder and around 63 lbs. but thank you :smile:. yeah her feet bother me, she can be very cow hocked in the back and her feet toe out in the front. she was goofy as a pup when it came to walking or running. reminded me of a baby foal trying to use its new legs. shes getting better and agility really helped her movement
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-21-2011, 06:16 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTS View Post
she is a mix of cezch and WGSL.
This is why I should not hang out in this forum! LOL! Sorry for the ASL comment. I read "poor breeder" and saw you were in America and assumed ASL. I guess I don't really know how to tell a dog's lineage from photos yet. Like I said- it was all just a guess...

Willy
C-ATCH Pimg - RATO, UJJ (x2), DJX, HIT, CA, CGC, High in Games, Reserve High in Standard- CPE Nationals 2014
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-21-2011, 06:24 PM Thread Starter
DTS
Master Member

its no problem. we got her from a "hobby breeder" in plant city florida.
here is her pedigree
Tara Greif Von English Creek - German Shepherd Dog
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-21-2011, 08:29 PM
Banned

Very pretty, very feminine. Front sitting shot shows her head better. She is so slim and leggy I wonder if she is part greyhound or whippet, doesn't look pure. I am far from an expert, that is just what I see. I expect she is very fast. Also see the east-west.

Last edited by PaddyD; 12-21-2011 at 08:31 PM.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-21-2011, 09:26 PM Thread Starter
DTS
Master Member

Yeah she's fast. Especially in tight places she turns and burns scares me but she never wipes out. She is pure we did meet the parents and she is akc registered. Were not sure why she is so leggy. Some of her sublings are short and stubby and fat. I think it migrate be the way her photo is. She's pretty short in real life lol.

Last edited by DTS; 12-21-2011 at 09:29 PM.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-22-2011, 10:41 AM
Administrator & LOTR Addict

Very feminine female with a running structure (that someone has pointed out). Flat withers, OK topline though her croup is quite steep. Sufficient angulation in front, good in rear. She appears to toe out in front (in all three photos). Good ear set, dark eyes. Yes her feet could be tighter.

Lisa Clark

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena IPO1 KKL CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) IPO2 TR3 KKL B/HOT, Jarka (up and coming) BHOT, and gone but not forgotten,
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-22-2011, 11:11 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhczth View Post
Yes her feet could be tighter.
What does this actually mean?

Willy
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-22-2011, 02:05 PM
Administrator & LOTR Addict

A picture would be the best way to show what I mean, but the toes should be tighter together and the dog should be more up on the toes. The toes shouldn't be long or spread like fingers. A very tight well knuckled foot can be seen on breeds like the Doberman. That is too extreme for a GSD, but gives you an idea of a tight foot.

One of these days I'll get a photo of Donovan's feet. He has nice tight feet which is very good since they have to carry around a big dog.

Lisa Clark

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena IPO1 KKL CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) IPO2 TR3 KKL B/HOT, Jarka (up and coming) BHOT, and gone but not forgotten,
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page