Critique Hachi please! :) - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-20-2011, 09:26 PM Thread Starter

Talking Critique Hachi please! :)

Here is Hachi a 10 month old GSD. I have clicker trained him in the past few weeks and it has been going great. He is dirty in this pic bc he has flopped and everything outside all day. I"m gonna give him a bath after I post this. I accidently posted in General info. I'm still explorering this site
I tried taking the best as i could LOL at 10 months its hard to get him to hold still long enough for the camera to take pics. LOL I love him though.

Critique Hachi please! :)-009-3-.jpg

Critique Hachi please! :)-010-2-.jpg

Critique Hachi please! :)-000_0009.jpg

Critique Hachi please! :)-005-2-.jpg

Critique Hachi please! :)-001-3-.jpg

Critique Hachi please! :)-008-2-.jpg

R.I.P "Warrior"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Died: Sept 8, 08
R.I.P "Hachi" (2011-2012)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

R.I.P "Bellabug"

Died: October 14, 2014
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-21-2011, 11:31 AM
Crowned Member

It's really impossible to give a good critique with these pics. If he will not stack, at least get him standing naturally (looking forward) with you perpendicular to his shoulder (not taking the pics from above).
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-21-2011, 11:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liesje View Post
It's really impossible to give a good critique with these pics. If he will not stack, at least get him standing naturally (looking forward) with you perpendicular to his shoulder (not taking the pics from above).
What SHE ^^^ said.
He looks quite 'stocky'.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-21-2011, 02:01 PM
Crowned Member

Daddy Warbuck's eyes?
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-21-2011, 02:34 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior09 View Post
I tried taking the best as i could LOL at 10 months its hard to get him to hold still long enough for the camera to take pics.
Try tying him to something, so that you can get a good 8 feet away from him. Then throw a ball, so he stands alert, and get a side view of him standing with all four feet on the ground.

It's easier with two people, then one person can sort of stack him and the other can take the photo.

The other thing you can do is just hang out in the yard with your camera acting casual. You just might catch him stacking nicely all by himself. I have gotten some of the best stacked photos of my pup this way!
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-21-2011, 02:38 PM
Crowned Member

That's how his body shape should look when he's 10 YEARS old, not 10 months old. He is way overweight and not in good shape at all. He needs to get on a serious diet ASAP.

He looks like a senior and he's just a puppy.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-21-2011, 03:48 PM
Crowned Member

Love his legs, nice and sturdy, not birdie legs. Nice looking dog too, especially in the sitting side shot.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-21-2011, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

@ Lucky dog, He isn't overweight. I had him weighted at the vet the other day and he weights 70lbs. I asked if he was overweight and he isn't considering he is very tall like Whiteshepherd say he is leggy. The vet averaged him to be around 110 to 115lbs by 2years old. I don't overfeed him. I only feed him 2 cups of dog food mornings and a cup in the afternoon. I think i personally watch his weight too carefully.

R.I.P "Warrior"

R.I.P "Bellabug"

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-21-2011, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

Unless giving him vitamins will put weight on him more than i don't know LOL

R.I.P "Warrior"

R.I.P "Bellabug"

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-21-2011, 04:29 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior09 View Post
@ Lucky dog, He isn't overweight. I had him weighted at the vet the other day and he weights 70lbs. I asked if he was overweight and he isn't considering he is very tall like Whiteshepherd say he is leggy. The vet averaged him to be around 110 to 115lbs by 2years old.
Actually I didn't say he was leggy , I said his legs looked sturdy. (as in nice bone, not too skinny, not overly long and lanky for his age) But, I don't think he looks heavy either. Looks like he's got a nice thick coat, that can add a few pounds in a picture. Can you feel his ribs?

(BTW, I just sent a picture of our male to his breeder yesterday asking if she thought he'd gotten too heavy. I'm no expert on conformation that's for sure.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page