Jaxon - 9 Months - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-19-2011, 10:52 PM Thread Starter

Jaxon - 9 Months

Mostly for fun, though I truely am interested in fascinated with what some with a better critiquing eye have to say about Jaxon! I'm happy with him whatever. And of course I know he's still got plenty of room to grow.

He's 9 months as of now. 66lbs. I know these aren't optimal stacks, and some are just free standing. (Jaxon should really take an army of people to get a good one. xD ) These were the best we could do.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-23-2011, 08:30 AM
Rei
Elite Member

How do you feel about a very novice critique? Hopefully someone with more knowledge and experience will come along, but I am willing to give it a try...

Leggy and athletic dog with flat withers but an overall decent topline (especially looking at the last couple of pictures). Good pasterns and I like the length of his hocks, he appears to have good paws as well. He possesses sufficient angulation in the rear. Eyes could be darker and secondary sex characteristics could be stronger but that should come with age.

Has he been neutered?

- Grace

"Trash" Bite Risk vom Feuergarten BH HCT-s CGCA TKN (GSD)
"Siege" Zala IPO1 (Malinois)

"Trent" (GSD) 2009- 2019; The beginning of everything
"Legion" (Malinois) 2010 - 2018; My brightest star
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-23-2011, 10:18 AM
Administrator & LOTR Addict

Young male with flat withers, OK topline, with a short slightly steep croup. Sufficient angluation front and rear. He does look like he should be quite athletic with very good length of leg. Straight pasterns, OK feet. I would like to see darker color, but he is young. He shows good secondary sex characteristics for his age.

Lisa Clark

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena IPO1 KKL CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) IPO2 TR3 KKL B/HOT, Jarka (up and coming) BHOT, and gone but not forgotten,
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-23-2011, 10:49 AM

Here is my critique - Your dog looks awesome!!!!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-23-2011, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rei View Post
How do you feel about a very novice critique? Hopefully someone with more knowledge and experience will come along, but I am willing to give it a try...

Leggy and athletic dog with flat withers but an overall decent topline (especially looking at the last couple of pictures). Good pasterns and I like the length of his hocks, he appears to have good paws as well. He possesses sufficient angulation in the rear. Eyes could be darker and secondary sex characteristics could be stronger but that should come with age.

Has he been neutered?

Haha, it's okay. It's better than anything I can do. But no, he is not neutered. I definately will do it again when he's older, filled out and done growing.

Thanks.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-23-2011, 02:14 PM
Rei
Elite Member

I admit, also did it partly hoping Lisa or Jackie would pop in with their critique so I could compare. I regularly lurk in this section so I can gain a better understanding of conformation and structure so it's very educational for me. Thanks for putting up with it

I didn't mean to imply that he should be neutered! He just looked very tall and leggy to me (may also be the image) so I wondered. He should be fill out with age, I remember that lanky adolescent stage. If I remember correctly, he's at least half Czech through his sire?

- Grace

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-23-2011, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

He is pretty leggy right now. I mistakenly labeled him as 27'' when he's really a bit over 26'' tall. I know a lot of people say dogs get taller if they're neutered early on. I just meant I would try to get a better critique when he was finally done growing, I imagine he'll look a lot better then haha. But I don't really plan to neuter him if all goes well. I tend to prefer my dogs in tact. Especially since we are training for PSA.

I wish I understood half of what is really being said when I ask for a critique, but I've been trying to learn too. xD

He actually doesn't have any czech in him. He's mostly West German Working and a tad bit DDR on his Sires side.

http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/germ...html?id=708402

Last edited by LukasGSD; 11-23-2011 at 02:40 PM.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-23-2011, 02:45 PM
Rei
Elite Member

Ohh, of course, for some reason I remembered him being a Tom son, just somehow had it in my mind that it was Tom Aritar Bastet instead of Tom Haus Pixner. That's what happens when I am running off of 1 hour of sleep!!

- Grace

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-23-2011, 03:35 PM
Crowned Member

Do you mean Tom z PS? I don't think there is a Tom Aritar Bastet.

J, mom to:
- Elsa - "Da Pookins"
- Medo - "The Beast From The East"
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-23-2011, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page