Critique Please - Ava 10 months - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-31-2011, 04:32 PM Thread Starter
Ava

Critique Please - Ava 10 months

We have been working on stacking for just a couple weeks. Getting better, but slow progress. Here's a self stack from a few weeks ago that's not too bad. Hopefully good enough to get some opinions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AvaStackSM.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	12524  

Steve

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Pedigree
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-31-2011, 05:55 PM

Nice, balanced, looks like she could be athletic. Not over angulated, not under angulated. Short steep croup but well placed. Nice pasterns and paws. Underline and muscle tone could be better but she is still a baby to.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-31-2011, 06:10 PM
Six

Beautiful dog.

Six - 8/16/2011
Reggie J. Simpson - 9 y/o GSD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-31-2011, 06:42 PM
Administrator & LOTR Addict

Very pretty and balanced female. Flat withers, good topline though her croup should be longer. Very good angulation front and rear. Good feet and pasterns. Would maybe like to see a bit richer color.

Lisa Clark

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena IPO1 KKL CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) IPO2 TR3 KKL B/HOT, Jarka (up and coming) BHOT, and gone but not forgotten,
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-31-2011, 08:13 PM

Ava sure is beautiful!

-Tegan

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-31-2011, 08:29 PM
Banned

Beautiful. I have a feeling that the pigment is better in 'real life' because cameras and sunshine can make things look lighter than they really are. Slightly flat withers, not expert enough to remark on the rest. Looks like slight turn-out on the right front.
Over-all terrific. Once again,far from an expert but I like this 'stack' the best because it is a natural stance and you see what the dog is really like. The manufactured (required) stack is too fake for my liking. JMHO
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-31-2011, 10:23 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddyD View Post
The manufactured (required) stack is too fake for my liking. JMHO
Not necessarily. When I stack my dogs I walk them in slow and just tell them to stay (or give the command for stand-stay). IMO the stack *should* be natural. When my dogs stop and stand alert at attention it looks the same if not better than when I try to walk them into this position for a picture. All dogs are different so all stacks are going to be slightly different. I don't like pics where it is obvious the dog was placed and is not standing natural. It should not take a ton of training and work to get a nice stack.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 01:34 AM
Master Member

She is totally GORGEOUS! I don't know what you plan on doing with her, but she is a 10!

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do.
- Edward Everett Hale
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 11:03 AM Thread Starter
Ava

Thank You!!!

Thanks everyone. She's my baby so I've always thought she was a pretty pup. Over the past month or so I really noticed she's turning out to be a great looking dog - as mentioned, balanced. Great to hear some confirmation.

She is very athletic - a runner and a swimmer. We've kept her very active since we got her at 13 weeks, but since we got the Aussie pup about six weeks ago so she's been going literally non-stop. The muscle is building.

Lisa & Pat, you're both right on the pigment. Lighting makes a big difference. Sometimes she looks very rich, other times washed out. The 2nd pic shows reality a little better. Still very light underneath. As for the withers, I don't know how they really are? The longer thick sable on the back of her neck takes a few inch break at the top of her shoulder then continues into another longer thick sable patch. Sometimes they look flat, other times a dip.

GS6800 - I grew up in Hampton and lived in Va Beach (Dam Neck / General Booth area) as a younger adult.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2865.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	12547  

Steve

Pedigree
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 11:14 AM

lol I grew up in Pungo. If you have not been there in a while the general booth area has changed so much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page