1 yr old female - Nyxie - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-28-2011, 10:34 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

1 yr old female - Nyxie

Just took these tonight. She is DDR lines. And yep, she's a coatie with curly/wavy fur.

Just looking for opinions on her structure now that she is out of the puppy fuglies.

Michelle

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

IntCH Blackthorn's Onyx RN RA BN CGC TDI ~ Nyxie (LC GSD)
Int JuA Spirited Glory of Brick Chapel ~ Glory (Shiloh Shepherd)
Nat BA Spirited's Twilight Sparkle of Lobo ~ Tala (Aussie)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-28-2011, 10:43 PM
Elite Member

She is beautiful! What intelligent eyes
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-28-2011, 11:07 PM
Administrator & LOTR Addict

Flat withers, nice topline. Her croup appears to be slightly steep and could be longer. Very good angulation in front. Good in rear. She does toe out in front and I would like a bit better foot. In the head shot she does have a very nice expression and you can see her excellent pigment (look how black her mouth is). In the stacked photos she looks a bit dull (not as good of expression), but that may be because she wasn't thrilled with the stacking.

Lisa Clark

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena IPO1 KKL CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) IPO2 TR3 KKL B/HOT, Jarka (up and coming) BHOT, and gone but not forgotten,
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-28-2011, 11:21 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Yeah, she was less than happy about stacking. It was hot and she wanted to get back into the A/C - can't say I blame her as she is all black and just sucks up the sun!

But she does look alot better now than when she was in the gangly stage. Her withers used to have a dip but that seems to have gone away. She's always stood a little easty westy, but it has improved with age.

Thanks!

Michelle

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-28-2011, 11:27 PM
Elite Member

I think her withers are going to come up more--Oda is still looking really awkward (as well as being terribly out of coat) as well as still being narrow in the chest and toeing out somewhat--mom doesn't toe out at all, so I am hoping another year of growth will fix that.

Oda about 3 weeks ago...

Brother Obsidian (Sid) is a big, handsome boy--but rather a different type than his sisters and mom. I get to see sister Olivia (Samantha) fairly often, too--here's Sid and Samantha together, although not stacked:

Sid's coming along nicely in his SD training, although the harness is still a bit big on him! He makes dorkface look good!

Christine

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-28-2011, 11:55 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Ah Sid! That is such a weird look on his face! Samantha resembles Nyxie far more than Sid does, he is different from the others isn't he. Nyxie is maturing nicely I think - she's mostly out of the awkward stage and I'm excited to see how she does next year in the IABCA ring again - the judges liked her when I showed her the first time.

Michelle

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page