post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 10:49 AM
Crowned Member

She looks great! Beautiful body!

Lauren

Sinister ~ black male GSD 3.11.09
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 11:13 AM
Administrator & LOTR Addict

An Erri daughter?

Young very stretched female that right now is showing that unbalanced gangly teenager look. Flat withers, OK topline with good position of a rather short croup. Good angulation in front though her upper arm is very short. Good angulation in rear. I would like to see more muscling, wider muscling through the thighs/gaskin area to balance out how thick she is through the shoulders. Good bone and pasterns. Can't see her feet. Feminine head.

Lisa Clark

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena IPO1 KKL CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) IPO2 TR3 KKL B/HOT, Jarka (up and coming) BHOT, and gone but not forgotten,
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 11:33 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Yes, she is Erri and Ria.

My husband gets mad because for the first 6 months, I affectionately called her The Devil, and now I call her my Ugly Puppy (with much love though).

She is very refined and thin in her build, standing on tips of toes at 22inches, and weighing about 55 pounds.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 11:38 AM
Administrator & LOTR Addict

I'll have to go look up her mother.

Lisa Clark

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena IPO1 KKL CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) IPO2 TR3 KKL B/HOT, Jarka (up and coming) BHOT, and gone but not forgotten,
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

D Ria Neresnícka dolina - German Shepherd Dog

I really liked Ria and that is how I ended up with Akina.
She was bred to Wrex Enckhausen after Erri. I would love to see how those puppies develop (never met Wrex personally so just going on pedigree/picture/video).
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 12:05 PM
Crowned Member

Mary,
Your female looks to be longer and slighter in build than her sister..
Also, because her "coat" looks to be shorter and sleeker...it accentuates her lighter frame.
Your female is nicely feminine, and is also very nice! Congrats!
Wait till these girls reach maturity....I'll bet they will be great!
*My WL female looked like a coyote until she was about 18mos old.....now, she looks strong & balanced for her stature.
Best wishes!

Huerta Hof German Shepherds

....where breeding is still considered an art....
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 12:25 PM
Crowned Member

Send a message via AIM to Xeph Send a message via Yahoo to Xeph
She's four months younger than my American bitch....and they're the same size, lol

Beautiful bitch though. Love her angles and bone, strong topline, but, as Lisa said, the wither is flat. Her head being held low accentuates that though, so if you bring it up a bit, it's not as noticeable.

She has a slight curve through the topline (over the loin) that I really don't care for, but it's nothing terrible. Definitely a bit long in body. Love her neck though. GREAT length. I see too many dogs that have "no neck".

Jackie and the
(and one cat)

Strauss: The Patriarch
Wesson: The Grand Champion
Mikasa: The Hellbeast
Soul Eater: The Moon and Stars Dog

Last edited by Xeph; 07-13-2011 at 12:28 PM.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Thanks for all of the replies. After raising my boys, who looked very grown up and masculine pretty much from birth, it is just different having Akina who is gangly and goes through spurts.

She is a very happy dog (Mike said the same thing to desribe Erri) and has plenty of drive. I think her size is an advantage because she has certainly surprised a helper in the past
She is also incredibly athletic, fast, and agile.
She loves to meet people, wildly, and is just now starting to bark at people who, for example, get too close to her house.

Getting hips done soon, and then will start really training this winter.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 07:05 PM
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinhuerta View Post
Mary,
Your female looks to be longer and slighter in build than her sister..
Also, because her "coat" looks to be shorter and sleeker...it accentuates her lighter frame.
Your female is nicely feminine, and is also very nice! Congrats!
Wait till these girls reach maturity....I'll bet they will be great!
*My WL female looked like a coyote until she was about 18mos old.....now, she looks strong & balanced for her stature.
Best wishes!
A little FYI, I felt it was just in the last month that Minka went from gangly to sturdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagsd View Post
Thanks for all of the replies. After raising my boys, who looked very grown up and masculine pretty much from birth, it is just different having Akina who is gangly and goes through spurts.

She is a very happy dog (Mike said the same thing to desribe Erri) and has plenty of drive. I think her size is an advantage because she has certainly surprised a helper in the past
She is also incredibly athletic, fast, and agile.
She loves to meet people, wildly, and is just now starting to bark at people who, for example, get too close to her house.

Getting hips done soon, and then will start really training this winter.
Mike has described Erri to me as a happy dog too, and Minka certainly inherited that trait! She walks around just smiling about everything. She too, while being smaller (56 lbs) has almost cat-like agility. It amazes me all the time.

I also have seen in just the last month more protection like behavior, not fear based but alerting type. She is definitely a confident, social dog that likes to do things for me, beyond just food or play driven. I am extremely happy with her.

Good luck with the hips and elbows! I still have not heard back from the SV on Minka's although I can't imagine the vet who took them could be real far off from his verdict.

Oh, BTW, a girl I train with has a Ria x Brawnson son pup. Pretty sable female. She is 7 months now and doing well. From what the owner says, she's a tracking machine! I'll get some pics of her. She seems confident and social like our girls.

HIC, CD, IPO 2

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page