Stark @ 2 years old - Please critique - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Stark @ 2 years old - Please critique

I got some "okay" stacked photo's today. I am still having issues with stacking him, I need to get a club member to help me do it properly..lol.

Anyways, critique away. I am curious to see how he is developing against the standard.

88lbs
26" at the withers
Male - Intact - 25 months old

G Wild Winds Zephyr of Cognac BH, HIC, NTD, ITD, CGN, TT
Wild Winds Archangel Raphael HIC, TT
XX z Weberhaus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 05:24 PM

I've always loved Stark. He is gorgeous. I'm not great at critiquing dogs, but he looks great to me!

-Jordan-

SBD Posejpal's
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 05:42 PM
Crowned Member

Um yes please? Looks a bit east/west in front, maybe front feet could be better but I'm really nit-picking. This is the "type" of dog I really like. Great color and pigment, very masculine without being heavy. Nice coat without being too plus. Looks balanced, not over angulated. Soft, gentle expression.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 08:08 PM

I do not feel the angle of the photos are flattering to your dog. Try to take the photo from side on straight view.

As I see the things that do not change from photo to photo is, nice pigment, nice head, his front is east west, front feet a little flat possibly splayed wish they were a little higher and tighter like the rear paws. Pasterns a little to sloped for my taste but acceptable by most standards. Needs a little more height in whither and a little more croup. Shoulder looks slight to me and I would like to see better photos to better see this dog. Underline and rear look ok to me as well as length of body.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Thanks everyone.

Lies, thank you for your critique, I take what you said as a great compliment and really appreciate it.

GS6800, thank you for your critique also. I know the angle/photo's are not the best but it's as best as I have gotten so far..lol. Appreciate your critique a lot, I am trying my best to learn about structure, etc. so this helps. Thanks.

G Wild Winds Zephyr of Cognac BH, HIC, NTD, ITD, CGN, TT
Wild Winds Archangel Raphael HIC, TT
XX z Weberhaus
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 02:56 PM
Doc
Knighted Member

Nice head, withers a little flat, weak pasterns, nice body length, good pigment, front a little steep, rear would look better with a better stack, croup hard to identify, nice ear set, black muzzle, dark eyes. IMO, you would get a better review if the stack was better - front feet especially, back rear out too far.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 03:03 PM
Crowned Member

Strong masculine head, pasterns look a little weak, strong pigment, nice ear set, easty westy, good weight/muscle.

Speaking just in terms of what I personally think... one of my favorite dogs on the board.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 03:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Nice head, withers a little flat, weak pasterns, nice body length, good pigment, front a little steep, rear would look better with a better stack, croup hard to identify, nice ear set, black muzzle, dark eyes. IMO, you would get a better review if the stack was better - front feet especially, back rear out too far.
I agree with Doc on everything but it's all IMHO.
You have a very nice looking dog, but like a lot of nice looking dogs, he is less than perfect in the eyes of so-called experts.
Also agree with Paul.
You are brave to subject your dog to critique. More-so than I.

Last edited by PaddyD; 05-24-2011 at 03:12 PM.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 03:45 PM
Crowned Member

From what I see in your pictures, and PLEASE...do not take any critique from me as being negative to any person's dog...NO DOG IS PERFECT.

Stark is a large, strong, slightly stretched dog with a very masculine head, with a strikingly impressive mask.
Normal wither, straight back, good positioned croup that should be longer. Very good top & bottom lines.
Good front angulation, where the layback of the shoulder should be in better position. He has a short, steep upper arm. He has very good hind angulation.
He turns his feet outward, which makes his front not correct. Pasterns could be tighter.
*Special consideration should also be noticed to the extreme masculinity of this dog and his impressive pigmentation*. Nice dog!!

...again..this is just my personal opinion...

Huerta Hof German Shepherds

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

....where breeding is still considered an art....
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 08:19 PM
Doc
Knighted Member

Although my review sounds rough, I do like Stark a lot. I think with some more work and conditioning, he would be a fine dog in a show! You should probably just give him to me ...roflmbo!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page