German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (https://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Critique My Dog (https://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/critique-my-dog/)
-   -   My first attempt at stacking (https://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/critique-my-dog/158273-my-first-attempt-stacking.html)

newlifecowgirl 05-07-2011 03:16 AM

My first attempt at stacking

1 Attachment(s)
My first attempt at stacking Gracie....after some mouthing, some goofy noises and lots of sitting, I got one half way OK pic. What do I need to work on in getting a good stack for her? I wouldn't mind a conformation critique for her as well :) She is 9 months old, 65LBS, West German and Czech lines. In training for ScH and LOVING it :rolleyes:

KZoppa 05-07-2011 03:21 AM

She's beautiful! I can say her front legs should be even so you only see one leg and feet should be pointed straight. We had a thread about stacking and the general thing from breeders was the best way to get a stack was when they do it on their own.... so basically when you dont have a camera around lol but i can see where they're coming from. its more natural and generally more accurate.

newlifecowgirl 05-07-2011 01:15 PM

Thank you :)
I read the thread on stacking, LOL trying to get my husband to tell me when her legs and shoulders are aligned right is like asking him to tell me all the German commands :D

KZoppa 05-07-2011 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newlifecowgirl (Post 2129998)
I read the thread on stacking, LOL trying to get my husband to tell me when her legs and shoulders are aligned right is like asking him to tell me all the German commands :D

GAH!!! I know! men.... :rolleyes:

Hundguy 05-07-2011 05:37 PM

:nono: :nono: :nono:

KZoppa 05-07-2011 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hundguy (Post 2130123)
:nono: :nono: :nono:

lol you know what you're doing Dennis and you have a wife who takes amazing spot on pictures so getting a stack for you guys is easy! :D

newlifecowgirl 05-07-2011 07:38 PM

Giving it a shot :) Hoping to get some free stacking pics today if it ever stops raining, and some in motion pics. If someone wants to critique I would like to hear what others have to say about her, even though she's still just a pup.

vomlittlehaus 05-07-2011 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newlifecowgirl (Post 2129998)

I have one that cant take pictures. Cant hold the pup either. Gets everything behind us and so far away you cant see the puppy. So I have no stacked pics of my pups. Well I have two of Bianka, then he was mad at me for yelling at him. Cant sell my pups without pictures, so they are still here.

PaddyD 05-07-2011 10:38 PM

Can't get my wife to help.

newlifecowgirl 05-07-2011 11:27 PM

I had more help from the other critters keeping her attention than hubby, he couldn't find the button to turn the camera on