Please critique - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 08:42 PM Thread Starter

Please critique

I know I posted his picture when I first joined but I stumbled onto this section today and would like some feedback on how Frodo looks. I get a lot of comments about his height, that he's to tall and doesn't have the sloped back. He slopes naturally when he's trotting. He's 28.5 inches and weighs 90lbs. This is the best picture I have of him to critique his whole look and also a headshot. I admit I don't know much about the different lines for he was bought from a byb.(I know now, I know) Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PA060064.jpg
Views:	524
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	6062   Click image for larger version

Name:	PC090023.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	6063  

Frodo - GSD, DOB 12/13/2007, Diagnosed EPI 10/21/2011
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Waiting at the Bridge - Chance
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 09:16 PM
Elite Member

I can't get the thumbnails to load so I can see a larger image, but from the snap shots in the post he looks handsome although maybe a bit heavy...which is an easy fix...we have to stop spoiling them. Seems to me you know what you have, and for a BYB, by outward appearance, you got lucky with a nice dog, which I am sure is an awesome companion.

I would encourage you to have a great relationship with a Vet and keep an eye out for health issues...keep your fingers cross he is a winner on that front and you've won the BYB lotto.

The whole slope on the back thing is for the show line folks, don't worry about it. Both my dogs are flat as coffee tables. LOL

BH RN CGC TT HD/ED a1 Normal
Dayna von Royale BH FO CGC Therapy Dogs, Inc.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 09:25 PM
Master Member

I'm not gonna critique your boy, but I will shower him with compliments. He looks awesome to me. I'm not knowledgable enough to critique him, but I do know a goodlookin dog when I see it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 09:33 PM

I think he looks perfect. Thats the exact look I am going to get for my next dog.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 09:58 PM

Is he nuetered? WHat age did you nueter him at?

Preston-Black and tan/red GSD.. 8-11-10

Michelangelo-Chocolate and tan Chihuahua.4-9-08
Mickey- Tan chihuahua.. 6years
Poptart- black Yorkie-Poo..1-1-00

R.I.P-Sofie- Female Black and tan GSD
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 10:03 PM
Crowned Member

Good looking dog and doesn't look overweight at all to me from this picture. At 28.5", which is big for a GSD, 90 pounds isn't too heavy. Nice tucked stomach, he looks fine weight wise.

As mentioned earlier, no big deal about the whole sloped back thing. You see that a lot more often with the show lines - not everyones cup of tea.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 10:13 PM
The Administrator from the Great White North, eh?

I can't give you a conformation critique, but I can tell you what I think: I think he looks very nice. He does not look overweight to me either, but I'd like to see more muscle definition. He looks balanced in proportions and pleasing to the eye, sweet, intelligent expression. He looks like an American Show line/pet line type dog. You don't need to apologize for him - he is yours, and is obviously well loved and well cared for.

In the standing picture, the front left looks like he down in the pastern a bit? Hard to tell, and it could be just the way he is standing, or the angle of the photo.

Lucia

2009-2018

Keeta BH, OB1, TR1, AD
Rottweiler/Hairy Dog mix?? 2004-2015
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 10:18 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castlemaid View Post
In the standing picture, the front left looks like he down in the pastern a bit? Hard to tell, and it could be just the way he is standing, or the angle of the photo.
Yeah - I noticed that too. Wasn't sure if he has weak pasterns or it's just the angle of the picture being taken. It looks like the picture is being taken at a 45 degree angle so it's kind of hard to tell.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 10:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripsofie View Post
Is he nuetered? WHat age did you nueter him at?
He was neutered around 6months.

Frodo - GSD, DOB 12/13/2007, Diagnosed EPI 10/21/2011

Waiting at the Bridge - Chance
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 10:44 PM
Elite Member

He is a gorgeous companion!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page