Fun critique - Jaeger @ 17 months - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 12:10 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Fun critique - Jaeger @ 17 months

I don't know how, but I've been measuring him wrong all along.. lol He's around 25" not 28"..

So.
25.5" at the withers.
75+ pounds.
17 months.

Profile.

Ears.

I gave up on trying to get movement pics... if he's moving, it's towards me lol

Just goofing around...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sparkles, Lilith, Eve, Candy, Dahlia, Juno, Tonks.

Jaeger, Ben, Goose, Dirk, LingLing, Bentley, Elliot, Batman.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 02:00 PM
Knighted Member

Gorgeous
My only negative comment would be that he's a tad on the skinny side but even that's not that negative
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 02:26 PM
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax's Mom View Post
Gorgeous
My only negative comment would be that he's a tad on the skinny side but even that's not that negative
I don't see skinny at all! Looks perfect to me

Gorgeous pup!!

I can't comment on breed standards though, I'm still learning.

Michael

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 03:22 PM

I also do not see skinny. He ahs a thinner build, and the sabling shows his ribs more, but you can also see the muscling he has too. I think he looks like he's in good shape!

I am going to try to critique because I've been trying to learn more about structure.

I'm not very good at judging angulation yet, but I think it looks sufficient. I think his shoulder would look better if his legs were more under him and perpendicular to the ground. I think his pasterns look good. He looks like he's a little easty-westy in the front, but that could just be the picture. His croup is short and steep and he's a little overstretched in the stack. His topline is Ok, looks like he has a dip behind the withers.

I think he has good color and pigment.

I think he has a nice ear set. His eyes are light and personally I like more of a stop on the head.

Overall I like his general proportions. I think he looks very athletic. I think he'll only get more handsome as he fills out!

Bianka vom Eisernen Loewen IPO3, CGC, TC 1-3-08
Cade vom Eisernen Loewen IPO1, CGC 3-25-09
D'Artagnan (Tag) vom Eisernen Loewen BH 2-2-10
G Aiko von Burkndeiros SchH 3, IPO3, FH, TC, KKL2 9-17-02 (Retired)

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax's Mom View Post
Gorgeous
I agree.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 07:01 PM

H a n d s o m e

Diane
Ozzie vom Kleinen Hain
Danger Danger vom Kleinen Hain aka Masi
Tranquillo's Kizzy
Jakoda's Kholee
"Angel" Jakoda's Bewitchen Sami CD OA OAJ OAC NGC OJC RS-O GS-N JS-O TT HIC CGC
"Angel" Steinwald's Four x Four CGC HIC TT
"Angel" Harmonyhill's Hy Jynx NA NAJ NAC NJC RS-N JS-N HIC
"Angel" Jakoda's Jagged Edge
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 09:25 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Why thank you guys... he is ribby, but he also has good muscle-mass - underweight, in my opinion, is when the body is not getting enough nutrition and begins to use the muscle and not just fat to get nutrition.. and gets underweight... He was also panting pretty good from his workout prior to the pics.

Thank you for that JK! And he does have easty-westy feet, not just the picture.. I like more of a stop too, he's got a mal head lol

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 09:32 PM
Banned

He is gorgeous and it looks like he's in great shape but I also agree with the skinny part. He could have two or three kilos more than he has but it's not a big issue.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 01:41 AM
Crowned Member

he's a good looking dog but i too agree he's a tad on the skinny side. I know GSDs are supposed to look a certain way when at the right weight and personally i would want a lil more weight on him if he were my dog. He's a handsome guy no matter what his weight though.

Shasta GSD 5/5/10 CGC, ITD, TC
"Dax" Thor z vom Weberhaus BCAT CAX2 CGCA ETD HCT NCO-1 PKD-T RATI RATN RA TC TKA 3/18/2013
"Hades" Guilty vom Blutfeuer 10/26/2018
Zena GSD 6/1/03-2/16/2016
Riley GSD/BC 1/10/05-2/1/2013
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 10:42 AM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Just to show his ribs were sticking out due to panting.. these were taken the same day.

He even looks fat here.

My rule of thumb, only my opinion, is that as long as a dog has good muscle mass, plenty of energy (he has too much), and obviously eats his fill he or she isn't underweight... shinny, my opinion again , is a dog who is also lacking the muscle mass, not just fat.

He also just recently started his daily workouts again (compensating for swimming), which includes around thirty minutes of flirtpoling and thirty of ball chasing, and about fifteen swimming if I can do it.

Not trying to get defensive But pics can be deceiving.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page