Thoughts On Koda... - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2010, 12:15 AM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Thoughts On Koda...

So, I decided to finally make a post here because I'm curious to have you guys critique Koda and maybe I can learn a little bit more about him through your opinions, if that makes sense...

I don't know his history, he was a stray, so I have no idea what his breeding was like. Since I'll never know (and don't really care) where he came from, the only way to get any idea of whether or not he seems to have been bred well is to ask people who are more knowledgeable than myself...you guys.

I got some pitiful pictures of an attempt at a stack (I'll try again tomorrow, I did all of this very quickly tonight), then his side seated, and a couple others. Forgive the "weirdness" of the pictures, I was shooting at a high ISO and I also didn't realize the colors were set oddly on my camera until after I was finished taking some quick pictures.

Temperament wise he's incredible. He's sweet, well mannered, good natured, I couldn't ask for more. I just want you guys to tell me the physical aspect...

Koda - Sable GSD
Riley - Sheltie Mix

"Some People Are Like Slinkies. They're Not Really Good For Anything, But They Bring A Smile To Your Face When Pushed Down The Stairs."

FB: Melina D Photography

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2010, 07:52 AM

I think he's gorgeous!!!

Diane
Ozzie vom Kleinen Hain
Danger Danger vom Kleinen Hain aka Masi
Tranquillo's Kizzy
Jakoda's Kholee
"Angel" Jakoda's Bewitchen Sami CD OA OAJ OAC NGC OJC RS-O GS-N JS-O TT HIC CGC
"Angel" Steinwald's Four x Four CGC HIC TT
"Angel" Harmonyhill's Hy Jynx NA NAJ NAC NJC RS-N JS-N HIC
"Angel" Jakoda's Jagged Edge
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2010, 08:29 AM
Knighted Member

I agree with Dianne. Holy cow he is handsome!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2010, 12:09 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Haha, well of course he's handsome (I'm biased ), but structurally, was he bred well? Could you tell if he came from a BYB? Etc. etc. Since I don't know his background whatsoever, I'm wondering if you guys, since you have a much better eye than I do, can tell me if you see any flaws that I am unable to see that are red flags for future issues that I should watch out for, you know?

Koda - Sable GSD
Riley - Sheltie Mix

"Some People Are Like Slinkies. They're Not Really Good For Anything, But They Bring A Smile To Your Face When Pushed Down The Stairs."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2010, 08:13 PM

well I am no expert on perfect structure,,but I think he is really well proportioned, nice head/ear set, nice topline, doesn't look like he has much rear angluation, (no biggy).nice rich color,.overall , I think he's nicely built and the only flaw I see is you found him before I did ! LOL>.

Diane
Ozzie vom Kleinen Hain
Tranquillo's Kizzy
Jakoda's Kholee
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2010, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Haha! Well, if you had found him, you would have had to pay for his Heartworm treatment like I did! As much as it pisses me off that someone dumped him because they found out he had Heartworm (That's what I'm thinking happened anyway, there's no other logical explanation for him to have been on the streets anyway), I'm glad they did it that way and didn't take him to a Shelter, if you get what I'm saying. I think if they had brought him to a Shelter or Animal Control they would have just put him down and not bothered treating it. He had a better shot at life with me because my family chose to treat it, I don't think the finances would have been provided anywhere else. He's going in on August 20th for another Heartworm test to confirm that it's been eradicated so then he can finally get Neutered! He probably won't be doing a happy boogie about that though, haha...

One thing that makes me so proud about Koda is that he has single handedly (single pawdedly?) changed my Father's opinion on Shepherds and large breed dogs in general. When my Dad was younger he was attacked by a dog, however mildly, and it affected his opinion of larger dogs. For whatever reason, even though it wasn't a Shepherd that attacked him, he got it in his head from watching so many TV programs after the attack that Shepherds were these vicious Police dogs that would attack at will, and when I told him that I had always wanted a German Shepherd and was looking to get one, he said, "You know I'm afraid of them, right?" I told him, "You know that they're excellent, loyal, family dogs, great with children, and the ones used for Police work are trained not to attack unless given a command." He was still pretty apprehensive when I went looking, then I found Koda on Craigslist. I told him I wanted to go look at him, he was welcome to come with me, and if the dog didn't feel right, we didn't have to bring him home. So we took the trip over to the lady's house and the first thing that Koda did was run up to my Dad and lick his fingers, my Dad was stunned. Of course we took Koda home that night and never looked back.

I can't go a day without my Father making a comment to me like, "I love this dog", "When you move out of here, you're leaving Koda, right?", "It's going to be a sad day when you leave here with him", "I've never had a connection with a dog like this before", "I can't believe I like this dog this much". He literally lays on the floor with Koda and snuggles with him and says, "I love you, Buddy". It's just wonderful to see. This is a Man who was seriously afraid of big dogs and thought that German Shepherds were going to eat him, now he's not afraid to rough house with Koda, grab toys from him, give him hugs. Koda is just a big ball of love and my Dad knows it and embraces it.

Koda - Sable GSD
Riley - Sheltie Mix

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-29-2010, 07:38 AM

I'm so glad he's found a great home, and has made such a change in your dad. He came into your life for a reason, and I'm sure he'll give you and your dad many years of happiness

Diane
Ozzie vom Kleinen Hain
Tranquillo's Kizzy
Jakoda's Kholee
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-29-2010, 10:48 AM
Crowned Member

Such a great looking dog! Why can't I find one like that walking down the street?? Thank God you found him before he went to a shelter, lucky dog.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page