Ruger @ 12 mos, natural stack - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 06:05 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to RebelMoonGSDs
Smile Ruger @ 12 mos, natural stack

Okay, the last time I tried to stack Ruger it didn't work out so well for critique, so I got some "natural stack" pictures, and I think they are better than before, so I'd like to see what the thoughts are.

Also, please any tips on how I could have "tweaked" him into a better stance would be very appreciated! I find that if I try to stack him completely by hand he looks very awkward.

Natural stacks:

Side note: Ruger is now 13 mos old, 25.5" at the shoulder and 78.8 lbs.

Head profile:

Thank you for looking!

~Krystal and Ruger
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 07:13 AM
Knighted Member

Sorry I know nothing about critiquing but just wanted to say that his head shot...

Miss Molly Moo (aka The Piranha/The four legged Mouth) GSD 31/10
Raennik Hassan (Cooper) GSD 19/10/11
Paris Tabby Cat 15 years
Texas Tabby Cat 15 years
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

Oh, and I should probably mention that Ruger is from Czech x Am. lines.

Bianca, thank you very much.

~Krystal and Ruger
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 07:35 PM

well I think he's gorgeous)

It's tough 'showing' a mixed dog in the akc ring around here anyhow..when I had started with Dodge, (who was ddr/am show line) I went to every match I could find, between here, RI, mass, you name it,,but that was years ago. There are very very few matches around anymore (to bad they were FUN!) whereas at the time, there was one every weekend spring thru fall..

I'd definately suggest finding some handling classes in your area,,alot of fun, and very educational

He's really nice looking

Diane
Ozzie vom Kleinen Hain
Danger Danger vom Kleinen Hain aka Masi
Tranquillo's Kizzy
Jakoda's Kholee
"Angel" Jakoda's Bewitchen Sami CD OA OAJ OAC NGC OJC RS-O GS-N JS-O TT HIC CGC
"Angel" Steinwald's Four x Four CGC HIC TT
"Angel" Harmonyhill's Hy Jynx NA NAJ NAC NJC RS-N JS-N HIC
"Angel" Jakoda's Jagged Edge
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010, 05:58 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Jaokda, I'm rather partial to him myself. I do think it's tough showing a mixed type dog, BUT at the same time, the reason I'd be showing is because I do feel that Am. bred dogs are getting a bit too extreme, but if no one shows anything different, how can change come about? I'm not saying that all Am lines are bad, but a lot of winning dogs seem to be a bit over done to my eyes. I've looked for matches in my area but have only found two or three, and it was too late. I have started thinking about trying to gather a large enough group to start a small kennel club in my area to do AKC fun matches and other events.

~Krystal and Ruger
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010, 07:55 AM

Krystal thats a good idea to try and start your own group. I used to go to alot of matches in RI, at some school, (name escapes me).

The reason I started Dodge, was just that, and I wanted to learn the "ring thing", and felt he was a good rep of the breed tho I had no desire to breed him.

He took Group everytime we "matched",,and when I began showing him, (I had a handler, the 'ring thing' stressed me out big time! LOL) and took RWD everytime he stepped in the ring. (kinda like always a bridesmaid never a bride

I was happy with that, I was also happy that he was probably the most well behaved dog in the ring most times, alot of the dogs he showed against were coming out of top show breeders at the time (am lines) and well, most were just 'whacked out',,wanted to be anywhere but where they were.

So Dodge made me proud, and at 3 years of age, I decided to move on , neuter him and do different things..It was fun and educational while we were doing it tho

Diane
Ozzie vom Kleinen Hain
Tranquillo's Kizzy
Jakoda's Kholee
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010, 09:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakodaCD OA View Post
Krystal thats a good idea to try and start your own group. I used to go to alot of matches in RI, at some school, (name escapes me).

I actually had a good suggestion from another member here I have been talking to. There is an all breed club not too too far from me, and though they don't do many matches, if I became a member and active with them, I may be able to suggest holding more matches, which I think would also be a potential good way to gain more new members, as well as giving me the experience to, if I still felt the need to, create my own club later on down the road.

Ruger is AKC Limited Reg. so I can only show him in matches, but the breeder would possibly consider giving him Full Registration if he did well showing at AKC matches or in UKC (I haven't registered him with the UKC yet, I am up in the air as to if I want to do this or not, but he fits their standard a bit better), as well as in a "sport" like Agility or Herding, and I already have plans to get Ru TD certified as well, so if all goals are met and all health clearances are gained (even though I never plan to breed him) I would be able to probably get Full Reg and start him in the AKC ring. Sorry that's so long winded! lol

I also have a goal for myself, I want to handle dogs in the breed ring, so it will also be a starting point for me to get to that goal.

~Krystal and Ruger
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2010, 06:03 PM

that's a good idea ! I know the all breed clubs around here, that used to hold matches, kind of fizzled because no one wanted to get them moving to do so !

We have one match near me each year, in Guilford CT, they do breed, obed, rally, agility run thrus, cgc, tho it tends to be a big endeavor, I know it's always packed because it's the only one around !!

I say go for it)

Diane
Ozzie vom Kleinen Hain
Tranquillo's Kizzy
Jakoda's Kholee
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 10:41 AM
Administrator & LOTR Addict

Very masculine young male with a flat withers, but a nice topline otherwise. His croups should be long. Very good front angulation, good to very good rear. He apprears to toe out in front. Excelent head though I want to see a much darker eye.

Lisa Clark

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena IPO1 KKL CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) IPO2 TR3 KKL B/HOT, Jarka (up and coming) BHOT, and gone but not forgotten,
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page