What do you think? Working dog? Show dog? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 11:15 AM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Red face What do you think? Working dog? Show dog?

Some told me its more working, other more show....don't know what to think!

Here is his father: Goethe von Hohen-Haus, berger allemand de reproduction, Quebec, Canada

Here is his grandmother (can't find picture-pedigree of her daughter, mother of my dog, because she sold her to somebody else and don,t know why her informations donot appears anymore....): Pedigree Berger Allemand - VA Bonien vom Haus Milesevac

And here is the only picture I have of Phenix in the GDS Position loool
95lbs @ 1˝ year.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 11:30 AM
Crowned Member

Show

TAMMY
post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 12:02 PM
Crowned Member

Show

remember that having working titles doesn't make a dog working lines

Diabla Boroluz, my Daemon; IPO-A1, RH-T A
Akela de Poputchik, my Direwolf; IPO-2, Kkl1
Calais vom Adler Stein; IPO-A1, Kkl1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 12:06 PM
Elite Member

Show
post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 12:35 PM
Knighted Member

Show, but if he checks out physically, nothing to stop you from working him if you want to... Can you get a picture of him standing, as close to a stack as you can get, on flat ground? Like road/carpet/tile, his pasterns look a little funny, but I can't tell because of the grass.. By the way, he is in great condition...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sparkles, Lilith, Eve, Candy, Dahlia, Juno, Tonks.

Jaeger, Ben, Goose, Dirk, LingLing, Bentley, Elliot, Batman.
post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by APBTLove View Post
Show, but if he checks out physically, nothing to stop you from working him if you want to... Can you get a picture of him standing, as close to a stack as you can get, on flat ground? Like road/carpet/tile, his pasterns look a little funny, but I can't tell because of the grass.. By the way, he is in great condition...
I'll try tonight!

How could you see the difference between show/working dogs only looking at them? I've always thought show dogs were the one with the ass so close to the ground that you couldn't put an hand between each!!!
post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 03:02 PM
Lin
Crowned Member

Send a message via AIM to Lin Send a message via Yahoo to Lin
The type of show line you're referring to is the american show lines with the angulation in the rear. There is also the german show lines; with the problem of tendency for roach backs.
post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trish07 View Post
How could you see the difference between show/working dogs only looking at them? I've always thought show dogs were the one with the ass so close to the ground that you couldn't put an hand between each!!!
Remember you have German Showlines as well as North American showlines. The more extreme North American Showlines are the ones that are often criticized as "hock-walkers" with the very low back end. Extreme German Showlines are more often termed "banana backed".

Your dog is from German Showlines. The VA before the dog's name is a high German conformation title which is an indicator. Also typical is black and red saddle coloration.

Bianka vom Eisernen Loewen IPO3, CGC, TC 1-3-08
Cade vom Eisernen Loewen IPO1, CGC 3-25-09
D'Artagnan (Tag) vom Eisernen Loewen BH 2-2-10
G Aiko von Burkndeiros SchH 3, IPO3, FH, TC, KKL2 9-17-02 (Retired)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Ohhhhh thank you guys!!!
post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 04:20 PM
Elite Member

I don't know why all Am show lines are thought of as being very sloped back, hock walkers. Only the extremes are like that, and a lot of people who love their dogs don't like it.My guy is Am/Can show lines and if you take a look in the critique section I just posted 2 pics of him at 23months. I am a crappy photographer and stacker but he is very nice and most people think he is pretty good. also he does herd, track and do agility, of course all are in beginner stages of varying degrees but he can work. Obedience will also be titled in and then he will also be shown in conformation. Truly a dog who can do it all, if I can keep up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page