7 month old Miko - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 12:15 AM Thread Starter

7 month old Miko

I think these stacks are probably some of the better ones I've done (and my girlfriend taking better angles) and Miko pretty much "gets it." I haven't posted much on Miko lately, but he's doing good. Working on his CGC, but his main problem is he has to greet other dogs. Welp, here he is. Someone mentioned to me his upper arm being short, any thoughts on that too? Thanks and any critiques or compliments are welcome.

M&M

Miko - German Shepherd (2/11/09)
Max - Pomeranian Mix Rescue (8/8/1997)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 01:02 AM

Re: 7 month old Miko

I know next to nothing. But does he have a strip of waviness down his back. Panzer's starting to do that and I just notice yesterday how his sides are getting that tan line behind the elbow up to his back. I swear it happens overnight! I think Miko's cute, though!

aka 5150

Panzer Vom Valkyre (dob 5/21/09)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Felines: Mulder, Scully, Stinkweed, Rosie and Rascal

At the Bridge:
Bella:09/27/09, Elvis (GSDX):05/17/09, BabyKitty:02/15/09 Brandi (GSD):2008,
cats: Whiskey & Mickie ...and more
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 01:07 AM Thread Starter

Yup! He's had that wavy strip along his back since maybe around 3.5-4 months I think? But yeah, you're right, it was pretty much overnight. I miss puppy Miko. =/ My next puppy, I swear I'm buying a camcorder.

M&M

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 07:43 AM
Administrator & LOTR Addict

Very young male with a flat withers, fairly nice topline, though I am trying to decide if his croup is flat or it is the hair at the base of his tail that is making it look flat. Sufficient angluation in front and, yes, he has a rather short upper arm. Good angluation in rear with good bone. I would like to see tighter feet. Very dark face and dark eyes.

Lisa Clark

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena IPO1 KKL CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) IPO2 KKL B/HOT, Jarka (up and coming) BHOT, and gone but not forgotten,
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 07:56 AM
Elite Member

Ok since I'm not a breeder or dog-show-er type person I will only say that I think your Miko is gorgeous I giggled at the frontal face close-up - something about it struck me as so cute!

Deb • Riley & Nissa
Rainbow Bridge • Damien Katy Crocket Kayla Gypsy Toby

German Shepherd Dog Blog

• web sites for Rescues, Shelters and Pets
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 09:37 AM
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted By: lhczthVery young male with a flat withers, fairly nice topline, though I am trying to decide if his croup is flat or it is the hair at the base of his tail that is making it look flat. Sufficient angluation in front and, yes, he has a rather short upper arm. Good angluation in rear with good bone. I would like to see tighter feet. Very dark face and dark eyes.
Yeah, that. He definitely has a short upper arm, but I love his rear. He's really pretty.

Effie's Six Pack
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 09:37 AM
Master Member

"Mikko" from MI. say's Good Looking!

Mikko-GSD- 2008
Wiley-GSD- 2009

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
(Author Unknown)
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 10:30 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted By: lhczthVery young male with a flat withers, fairly nice topline, though I am trying to decide if his croup is flat or it is the hair at the base of his tail that is making it look flat. Sufficient angluation in front and, yes, he has a rather short upper arm. Good angluation in rear with good bone. I would like to see tighter feet. Very dark face and dark eyes.
Thanks for the critique! It might be his hair, as his fur is really wavy and longer along his spine. and in pictures, often times throws off what he looks like in person. Or it could very well be his croup (never knew exactly how croups are supposed to look). Is there anything that might change with age or is this all pretty much how he'll stay?

M&M

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 10:31 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted By: Riley's MomOk since I'm not a breeder or dog-show-er type person I will only say that I think your Miko is gorgeous I giggled at the frontal face close-up - something about it struck me as so cute!
Haha! Me too. I don't know what it is about that picture but it made me laugh when I looked at it too.

M&M

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 01:00 PM
Administrator & LOTR Addict

His basic structure will not change, but he will gain some withers. Road work and swimming will add muscle as he matures.

Lisa Clark

SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena IPO1 KKL CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) IPO2 KKL B/HOT, Jarka (up and coming) BHOT, and gone but not forgotten,
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page