Delphi at 3...and with more weight on her - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 10:32 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Send a message via AIM to Xeph Send a message via Yahoo to Xeph
Delphi at 3...and with more weight on her

It was Delphi's birthday today, and we all know that every time one of my dogs has a birthday, there are pictures.

However, I wanted a new critique of her since she's filled out a bit...I would particularly appreciate comments on her shoulder and length of body, I'm not quite sure what I'm seeing in terms of her front (having an issue with seeing the angles).

I'm sorry about the lighting on her pasterns....I can try and make it darker.

She has gained 15 pounds And yes...there ARE a lot of pictures

Jackie and the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(and one cat)

Strauss: The Patriarch
Wesson: The Grand Champion
Mikasa: The Hellbeast
Soul Eater: The Moon and Stars Dog
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 10:37 PM

Re: Delphi at 3...and with more weight on her

I think she is beautiful. Sorry can't help with conformation.

Bungee 6/1996 - 01/2009 * Dane/lab mix
Sassy of Rosehall and Black Magic 4/13/09 GSD
Copper 1998 * Redbone Hound*
Buster 6/2008* cat
Prissy 1990-2010 *cat

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 10:42 PM
Administrator & LOTR Addict

Slightly stretched female with a very nice topline and excellent secondary sex characteristics. High withers, her croup could be longer. Her angulation is too extreme for my tastes, but my biggest complaint is that it is not balanced with the front. Good anglulation in front, but while she has a good length to her upper arm it is VERY upright. This might not be as bad if there was more layback to her scapula. I would like to see firmer pasterns and tighter feet. She has an excellent underline.

Lisa Clark

SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena IPO1 KKL CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) IPO2 KKL B/HOT, Jarka (up and coming) BHOT, and gone but not forgotten,
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 10:56 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Send a message via AIM to Xeph Send a message via Yahoo to Xeph

Quote:
Quote:while she has a good length to her upper arm it is VERY upright.
Would you mind explaining a little more? This is something I still don't understand. Since it's "upper arm" I don't stand how it could be upright, since it is vertical anyway, no?

Tighter feet in the front, rear, or both (I do agree they're a bit "open" in the rear). Her fronts are a bit loose, though not as bad as they were (I did her nails today...they got a little out of control with all that's gone on).

If possible Lisa, could you draw some angle lines along the outline out of her shoulder to help a bit?

How does her croup look? I feel it's a bit short.

Jackie and the
(and one cat)

Strauss: The Patriarch
Wesson: The Grand Champion
Mikasa: The Hellbeast
Soul Eater: The Moon and Stars Dog
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-18-2009, 10:33 AM

That is the problem. The upper arm is not supposed to be vertical. The upper arm, btw, is the lower part of the shoulder from the elbow to the point of the shoulder.

I would have to find a good photo for you of what I mean by a tighter foot. Someone posted one on another thread awhile back.

Yes, as I said her croup could be longer.

Lisa Clark

SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena IPO1 KKL CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) IPO2 KKL B/HOT, Jarka (up and coming) BHOT, and gone but not forgotten,
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-18-2009, 10:39 AM

An example of a correct shoulder.

Lisa Clark

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-18-2009, 10:48 AM

and that same dog in motion. See how the shoulder is able to open up and reach without the dog's head being lifted.

Lisa Clark

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 07:58 PM
Elite Member

Lisa, would you compare the above moving pic to Ty's moving pic and the stacked pic to Ty's and tell me what you think. I think your example is a mature male and Ty is still only 16 months so the chest hasn't dropped yet. I'd love to hear a comparison so i know what I am looking at. Thanks
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 09:39 PM
Doc
Knighted Member

Jackie

If you would wear that tie dye tee no one would notice the few less than perfect areas of your beautiful girl. I think she looks better when her head isn't held so hi. I love her top and bottom lines, her croup looks better in motion if I remember correctly. Pasterns a little weak, would like to see them a little more upright.

But the key is the tee shirt!
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 09:40 PM
Doc
Knighted Member

Lisa, who is th edog in the picture??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page