The Noodle @ 10 months - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-11-2009, 12:13 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

The Noodle @ 10 months

I made a little vid to share with a few far away friends who cannot see Nikon in person, I tried a new stacked shot and there is some movement (though he had a pulled muscle from a major fetch wipe-out and was favoring a leg in the rear that day...should've just waited because now he is healed up...and I also made the mistake of doing his training, fetch exercise, a walk, and THEN remembered to make the video). Please critique my stacks and dog video making skillz (I'm trying to figure out how Jackie does it) and critique the dog if you want, but don't critique the training/skills please he was already tired and looking slow/flat.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-11-2009, 01:16 AM
Crowned Member

Re: The Noodle @ 10 months

somebody loves their wubba. no real input but i love that black face. looks like the perfect gsd to me.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-11-2009, 01:48 AM
Crowned Member

Send a message via AIM to Xeph Send a message via Yahoo to Xeph

Quote:
QuoteI'm trying to figure out how Jackie does it)
Do you mean me? And if you do, which part are you trying to figure out? LOL.

He looks good He has a nice hard back. He lifts in front, so I'd like to see a bit more reach, but he sure is coming along.

To help him not look overly long, I'd try and pull his head up a bit

Jackie and the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(and one cat)

Strauss: The Patriarch
Wesson: The Grand Champion
Mikasa: The Hellbeast
Soul Eater: The Moon and Stars Dog
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-11-2009, 01:52 AM

Wow if that is his training after exercise and other stimulation, I'd like to see another video at his prime! I love your boy Nikon though! No critiques or anything, but my amateur eye sees a good-looking GSD.

M&M

Miko - German Shepherd (2/11/09)
Max - Pomeranian Mix Rescue (8/8/1997)
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-11-2009, 07:04 AM
Elite Member

well I hate to say it since I think Ty is just perfect, yours is a tie. just perfect
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-11-2009, 08:34 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted By: Xeph
Quote:
QuoteI'm trying to figure out how Jackie does it)
Do you mean me? And if you do, which part are you trying to figure out? LOL.

He looks good He has a nice hard back. He lifts in front, so I'd like to see a bit more reach, but he sure is coming along.

To help him not look overly long, I'd try and pull his head up a bit
Yep, you, you have such nice clear videos of the dogs moving. I tried to take stills like you did but they are blurry, then I realized I can half-time the video.

I think the left rear was where he pulled the muscle (got the all-clear from the vet this week), so when I watch the video I can see that he's not pulling it under as far or reaching it back as far and not really driving from the rear like he would in a show. I have no idea how that effects the presentation as a whole, but as such I am not showing him this weekend.

My problem pulling his head up is he resists, is that normal? The more manhandling I do, the more he seems to post and hunch his shoulders. In a show it's never a problem because he's alert and looking for me (I hide in a blind and call him...he's one of those dogs where we hide the ENTIRE time, if he sees me it's too much) but at home I can never get good stacks because I'm right beside him (the better ones are DH doing it, me calling him, and using a remote control but that's so much work for one pic, lol).

What does a "hard back" mean? I assume that is good?
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-11-2009, 05:38 PM
Crowned Member

Send a message via AIM to Xeph Send a message via Yahoo to Xeph

A hard back means that it doesn't bounce in motion (and it shouldn't).

See, because I show AKC, I'd suggest bait, but you can't do that.

For me I pull the head up by getting the collar right under the chin, then I slide my hands along the collar from under the chin to up behind the ears. I can get a video of what I mean if you like

Also, I DO have people video for me (Kinda have to xD). Most of the pictures I do myself (clearly not the new ones of Delphi, but pretty soon she'll be standing alone so I can take shots).

Jackie and the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(and one cat)

Strauss: The Patriarch
Wesson: The Grand Champion
Mikasa: The Hellbeast
Soul Eater: The Moon and Stars Dog
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 09:23 AM
Crowned Member

Lies, very nice dog with very sound/stable temperament. You are doing a wonderful job with training him and I predict he will get some nice scores in the "B" portion of your Title...Congrats!!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 02:27 PM
Administrator & LOTR Addict

I am on dial-up so have a hard time watching videos.

Lisa Clark

SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena IPO1 KKL CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) IPO2 KKL B/HOT, Jarka (up and coming) BHOT, and gone but not forgotten,
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 11:03 PM
Crowned Member

10 months old already!!! time sure does fly by. He is gorgeous!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page