Superimposing breed standard onto stack photo - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-11-2009, 09:31 PM Thread Starter

Superimposing breed standard onto stack photo

Does anyone know how to do this? I've seen the finished product but am unsure of how to go about it. I tried to find an example but was unable to. It is just the white lines of the standard placed over the photo...

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-11-2009, 11:39 PM

Re: Superimposing breed standard onto stack photo

Wish I could help you, but I have no idea. I know how to do it in photoshop, but if you're looking for word or something like that, I don't know much on how to overlay unless you can change the initial picture's makeup to make it translucent.

Taylor

Dogs have a lot to communicate to a person who is willing to listen- Susan Butcher
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 09:41 PM Thread Starter

Thanks anyway! I'll keep looking. I suppose I could always trace the angulation lines and hold them up to the picture myself
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2009, 12:46 AM
Elite Member

This was done in photoshop. It was the best I could 'fit' the standard over Rugen. (He's still growing)

I'm new to this program but it wasn't hard once I found the right photo to use. I needed just the outline of the GSD standard without a fill color behind it. Like what you were describing.
I superimposed this photo over my boy. I'm sorry- I don't know how to do it without photoshop, I hope this helps. Maybe you could use the transparent photo in another program.

How I did it in Photoshop Elements: I created a new "blank file" under the file menu. After resizing the photo of my GSD down to the same size as the outline I selected the portion of the image I wanted to use (crtl a) and copied it (ctrl c) then pasted it on the new blank file (ctrl v) which created a new layer. I did the same with the outline of the GSD and then changed the transparency of the standard outline's layer to about 44%. From there I flattened the image and saved it.

Cara
Here's my train of thought, you can follow it if you want.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~ GSD, born 2-9-2008
Lucky~ Golden Retriever, 2.5 years old
Mr. Monk~ Taunting Tabby Cat
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2009, 09:07 AM
Crowned Member

I used Cara's link. He was looking up in this pic so the heads don't really match.

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2009, 12:14 PM
Elite Member

Lies- I just love Nikon. He couldn't be more perfect.

Emily- It's possible using that link I posted to superimpose the image over your photo using Power Point. It doesn't look quite as nice, but it's actually easier to get your photos sized correctly lined up, at least for me it was!

How to in Power Point:
Insert your GSDs photo first then the standard over it. From there you can make your GSDs photo larger or smaller to fit inside the standard by grabbing the corner of the photo. Once they are lined up select the standard photo and right click- format picture. In this box you can set the transparency of the photo. I have it set at 23% in the photo above. Next select both photos (drag a box around both to do so) and right click again- select grouping- group. Then all that's left to do is save it. Select "File" then "save as"- Change the format from ppt to gif (Graphics Interchange Format). Then you're done!

I'd love to see more of our GSDs here if you wouldn't mind posting your final product!!! If you are having a hard time I can help or do it for you in either program. Just let me know.

Have fun!

Cara
Here's my train of thought, you can follow it if you want.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~ GSD, born 2-9-2008
Lucky~ Golden Retriever, 2.5 years old
Mr. Monk~ Taunting Tabby Cat
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2009, 02:11 PM
Crowned Member

Thanks Cara! I love Rugen and his head! I would love to put his head on Nikon, lol. I hope Nikon matures to look like Rugen.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 05:40 PM
Elite Member

Whoever knows how to super impose like this i would love if someone could do it on one of Ty's pics and explain it to me. Thanks.. I am trying to learn, but this should make it easier to see .
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 05:52 PM
Crowned Member

trudy I can do one of Ty later tonight when I get back from dinner (don't have the software on this computer)
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 06:34 PM
Elite Member

Thank you very much
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page