Fia and showing? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-29-2009, 11:48 PM Thread Starter

Fia and showing?

I have been playing around with the idea of showing my female, Fia, in conformation. Now, I realize she may not be super star in conformation, but I was wondering if she would do alright. I also understand that she may not do well in AKC because she does not really have the angles for it (she is mostly german showline descent with a fraction of american style showline), but maybe in UKC? It really isn't high on the list of things to do with her, but I figured if we can do more with her the better.

What qualities are good about her? What are her weak points?

I know her pigment could be better (she's got bright points) and she has a little bit of a roach back...

I know the stack is from almost two months ago, but she hasn't changed too much... I think... I should take a new one anyways though. I also think it might be slightly under stacked but that was the best of the bunch...

The picture of her head and the movement picture are fairly new.

Thanks in advance for any input! And be honest, I won't be upset because it was just something I was thinking of doing for fun!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-30-2009, 08:13 AM
Master Member

Send a message via AIM to mkennels Send a message via Yahoo to mkennels
Re: Fia and showing?

your right akc I believe unless you knew what judges like your type of dog would be a waste of money, but ukc they like the german dogs, stack her in the other direction (that is how most is facing anyway) her back leg closest to you just up a little more and the one furthest from you back a little more that will look more angled, and like I need to do move the dog they like to see a good gait the ukc judges can tell different lines but if it moves good they don't care, it is fun keep us updated

Janet
UKC CH Mystical Talyn D'Argo, TT, OFA H/E, CERF, AKC DNA
UKC CH Gretchen Julika Little Star, TT, OFA, Cerf, AKC DNA
Von Hornberger's Mystical Knight, TT, CERF, AKC DNA, OFA
Ranita's Heavenly Angel R.I.P 9/15/07-10/15/08

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page