Gracie - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Gracie

Just wondering what everyone thinks of her. Not a great stack, heck not even a real stack at all, but I'll take input. She needs to lose a few pounds - any guesses on her weight? - cause I went from feeding her a food that was 264 kcals/cup to 393 kcals/cup and um didn't reduce the amount. She's feeling MUCH better now and I am able to reduce the amount of food she's getting.

Jen, proudly owned by Gracie CGC, TD, TT, PT
DOB 1/19/2006
Into our house and hearts 3/18/2006
Her last breath 2/21/2019
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 03:46 PM
Knighted Member

Re: Gracie

I'm not an expert by any means, but I must say that she is gorgeous! I love her expression and her coloring! She doesn't look too heavy to me. My Heidi is a very slim girl at 58 lbs, so I'd guess she weighs around 65?

Karin and Dave

Heidi, 9-year-old GSD
Adopted on 10/14/07 from:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sheba, GSD/Malamute
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 05:13 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

OH Karin, Gracie is adding you to her Christmas card list She's tipping the scales at a porky .... oh wait, I'd like to get a few more thoughts first! She is lovely and has the most beautiful coat! She eats a veterinary diet which most people at but it agrees with her. I add cosequin to her breakfast and a fish oil capsule to her dinner. I was giving her some plant based enzymes but that made her poo worse.

DOB 1/19/2006
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 11:57 AM
Knighted Member

Oh beautiful Gracie!!!!! I'd say 74 lbs. Oakley is about the same but not heavy.

Robbie
Jesse, Oakley, and Xander's Mom
Sweet, gentle Maggie, in our hearts forever!
Our hearts are still broken Jazzi, we miss you so much!
In Loving Memory of Misty. We love you Misty Mist.
We'll never forget you Callie and Quebec.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 12:16 PM
Crowned Member

Any Gracie picture is BEAUTIFUL. Rich golden undertones to her stunning sable coat, very nice head-- feminine enough but also strong too. I have always found Gracie to be a stunning dog. Her diet works for her-- that is what's important. If she feels good, her digestion is okay, then you are doing great for her. And it shows! Someone more experienced with conformation will offer a true critique. I just have always loved Gracie's lively, spunky golden-toned look... like a cinnamon coffee cake that's always in an upbeat mood. Gracie is a gorgeous, gorgeous dog! I love how she's become more muscular in her thighs.. NICE!

Patti
Frauchen von:

Grimm van den Heuvel, aka "The Doofinator"
My strong-minded, very loving boy
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Oh Patti How sweet of you to take the time to comment with all you are going through. I am glad she can bring a smile to your face (and I'm sure Grimmi is drooling ). "a cinnamon coffee cake that's always in an upbeat mood: That's Gracie all right

Gracie is doing great right now on her diet 3/4 cup Purina EN and 3/4 cup Natural Balance duck & potato twice a day. She also gets 3/4 cup mixed at bedtime. I picked up the duck & potato cookies yesterday so she'll get one of those rather than her afternoon snack to lessen her caloric intake.

She was tipping the scale at 73 lbs two weeks ago (so you were right on Robbie). I think she's taken off a pound or two. I have to try to get her in this week to be weighed....I just don't want to jinx anything by walking in the door to the vet

DOB 1/19/2006
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 01:48 PM
Crowned Member

Jen, Gracie looks good.

Isn't it amazing that once you get digestive systems balanced out how they gain weight. I stuggled for a long time with Cheyenne then one day I noticed that she was gaining weight. I didn't change the amount I was feeding, she didn't get any less excercise, but her body balanced out or healed up or what ever and she gained weight.

I like Gracies feet, she has a nice expression, nice face profile with good stop. I think the bit of a pattern she has to her coat is interesting. She appears to have nice bone.

Cheyenne-2/02 DeeDee Little Bit-6/02 Lakota-1/03 Raya-9/05
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-29-2009, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Thanks, Val. I think she has the coat combination of 5 dogs sometimes Her coloring is amazing and when the sun hits it, it's such a deep red and cinnamon. We just love it!

I've noticed for the past several weeks, that she must be feeling better. NEVER has she rolled on her back to give us her belly to rub and she does it all the time now. The vet thinks that's the reason. Whatever the reason, she seems so much happier these days. This morning when petting her - she gallomped up on DH while he was still in bed - we noticed her fur is like cotton, so amazingly soft. Wonder if that's the duck food? We've been giving her more of it than the veterinary food lately.

DOB 1/19/2006
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page