CRITIQUE MY GIRL PLEASE - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2009, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
Banned

CRITIQUE MY GIRL PLEASE

Here is the pedigree to our girl also along with her stacked Posejpal's Becca [img][/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2009, 09:29 PM

Re: CRITIQUE MY GIRL PLEASE

I don't know much, but I really like the silhouette she presents. To me, her angulation looks nice. She looks to be substantial and I like her head.

If I wanted to be critical of anything, I would prefer a darker color. Her sable looks pretty light, even though the coverage is good, and I like a darker mask.

Bianka vom Eisernen Loewen IPO3, CGC, TC 1-3-08
Cade vom Eisernen Loewen IPO1, CGC 3-25-09
D'Artagnan (Tag) vom Eisernen Loewen BH 2-2-10
G Aiko von Burkndeiros SchH 3, IPO3, FH, TC, KKL2 9-17-02 (Retired)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2009, 09:53 PM
Crowned Member

Ditto to above. I'd also like to see tighter feet. Other than that she does look really good. Squareish and solid. She looks like she could muscle up a bit but other than that I really like her. Good rear angulation, front also looks nice. Love her topline. She looks like she has a strong head. Very nice bitch!

Renji - 6 y/o M GSD x chow rescue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"German shepherd dog breeding is working dog breeding or it is not German shepherd dog breeding." -v. Stephanitz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2009, 09:57 PM
Administrator & LOTR Addict

Feminine female who looks quite balanced and athletic. Flat withers, very nice topline though her croup is slightly steep. Very good angulation front and rear and she has a good length of upper arm (something sorely missing in the breed). Very good feet and pasterns though it looks like she toes out a bit in front. What really takes away from this female for me is her very faded sable coloring and light face. Her eyes could also be darker. I would definitely breed her to a male known to improve color/pigment while maintaining her excellent structure.

Lisa Clark

SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena IPO1 KKL CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) IPO2 KKL B/HOT, Jarka (up and coming) BHOT, and gone but not forgotten,
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2009, 10:55 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Her color seems darker now than when I took her picture in the summer. Her Dam is about the same color. Becca doesn't have the barrel chest that her Dam has and kind of has her Sires color.
I often wondered if Asko Lutter had something to do with the color she has.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-22-2009, 08:31 AM
Administrator & LOTR Addict

I have seen other Asko offspring that are pretty light in color, but having not seen their dams it is hard to know for sure.

Lisa Clark

SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena IPO1 KKL CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) IPO2 KKL B/HOT, Jarka (up and coming) BHOT, and gone but not forgotten,
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-22-2009, 08:48 AM
Crowned Member

Chuck, she is very athletic-looking, correct-looking (to my eye). I too, think breeding with a darker male known to improve pigment might be a good choice. BEAUTIFUL girl who looks like she has lots of fluid grace and power to her. Nice balanced look. NICE female!!

Patti
Frauchen von:

Grimm van den Heuvel, aka "The Doofinator"
My strong-minded, very loving boy
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-22-2009, 10:39 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted By: lhczthI have seen other Asko offspring that are pretty light in color, but having not seen their dams it is hard to know for sure.
I often wondered that although she does get darker in the winter months. She was the only one other than her brother Bruno from the litter to resemble their mother Zerbal Karthago and all the rest were dark red sables like Ben. She was one of the only pups from this litter that showed some thinking abillities as you can watch her and she her calculate her next move.

Thanks Patti, I was thinking either Jero or Faust for her first breeding. We will see how she excells this summer and Maybe next Spring.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-22-2009, 10:49 AM
Crowned Member

Chuck, I know you're still working with Jero, and hoping for springtime to get training to have a better idea of his drives and abilities. I can tell you of Grimm: NATURAL retrieve drive!! Very, very strong desire to work for his handler. Natural ability to settle in the house (a Congo offspring thing). Bold nerves. Extremely affectionate. Medium prey drives. Strong defense drives. Socially open character will a "silly" nature. Very intelligent. Tons of enthusiasm for doing anything WITH the handler. Chuck, I bet you uncover similar traits in Jero as you get a better chance to see what he can do. I know with his past, it will not be so easy to see. Structurally, I think Jero has a better, plusher coat than Grimm, and that Jero is darker. Jero probably would impart his great dark pigment into his pups, if paired with this athletic, balanced-looking, intelligent, stunning female.

Patti
Frauchen von:

Grimm van den Heuvel, aka "The Doofinator"
My strong-minded, very loving boy
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-22-2009, 11:26 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Patti Jero and Grimm maybe brothers, but have some totally different traits and some simular ones too. Since getting Jero I have had to work thru some aweful behavior due to his old owners.
I feel that he is doing well and could start his training process now after a year of healing. He does show some of his Fathers traits also.
I think that the combination of Becca and Jero would produce what Jero should have been by now due to the idiots that owned him before and didn't know what they had or what to do with him

Becca shows some of the most even temperment I have seen in some time and when put to work, she seems to be a fast learner. A good head to go with the rest of her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page