post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 09:13 AM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Spam redirect

loompasplace . Com

(No spaces between the .)

Redirects to a Congratulations Walmart gift card

Every time I log on

Full address includes ...cdcf4off5 a 47 e 85bb45#

(No spaces in the address, just added them to break the address code)

Iím on iPad. Cleared history etc nothing stops it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 09:15 AM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Success. Please help many, many times per day for three days, will see when it catches me this time.

"If you can't see his soul when you look in his eyes, then you need a seeing-eye dog"

Last edited by Heartandsoul; 07-14-2019 at 09:17 AM.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 09:25 AM
Crowned Member

There is a mod who hasn't been able to access in months. I do think it has something to do with the device. I have no problem from my laptop. Only my tablet.
Heartandsoul likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 09:26 AM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Yup just caught me. I left that window alone and opened this one. Weird Iím still logged in on this window. Usually have to re-sign in. Did that a couple times as a work around but it was still catching me and redirecting.

Giving as much info I can before it does it again. I did try to post screen shots but it was redirecting me before I could complete those postings.

"If you can't see his soul when you look in his eyes, then you need a seeing-eye dog"
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
Elite Member

I checked via google the Apple help forums. They stated that it has something to do with the ads that are allowed on a site and how the ad owners arenít coding or scripting correctly to ensure third parties canít get through via the ads.

It seems only iOS devices are affected but thereís something about which companyís are allowed to advertise also and the advertisingís safety encodements practices due diligence. Appel looked into and verified the ones that people provided that the advertisers werenít scripting to ensure third parties couldnít get through via their ads.

Thatís how I under stood what I read and it made a lot of sense to me. I know Iím not using some correct terminology but am trying :/ .

Iím pretty sure the admin can block some of them per previous threads. Hoping this will be the case.

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
Elite Member

I used to be able to just hit the back button a zillion time machine gun style and that would clear up the issue for a while but that doesnít work with this one. Ugh!

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 10:11 AM
Banned

DH is a network engineer at the hospital, if he ever wakes up, I can ask him if there is any way to stop this on your device. I just hand him my phone or laptop, walk away, and get it back shortly in perfect working order.

He may not be the typical handy man, but at the rate I’d go through devices before him was ridiculous, so he’s super handy man for me!
Heartandsoul likes this.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 10:23 AM Thread Starter
Elite Member

That would be appreciated, have to warn you though, his instructions may be way past the toy bit of comprehension I have the tech stuff. But will try if he has suggestions. I did try turning off java script but that just jumbled up how this site works and looks on my iPad.

Seem the redirect is leaving me alone for now, it must be to busy on the window that I left open while opening this one. Maybe shouldnít do that. Going to shut it see what happens.

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 07:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartandsoul View Post
I used to be able to just hit the back button a zillion time machine gun style and that would clear up the issue for a while but that doesn’t work with this one. Ugh!
Bad news. He said the only way to prevent this is to jail break your phone, which enables you to turn off pop ups. You can turn off any third party pop ups on a PC or laptop, but not on a phone or iPad. Unless you jail break them. I don’t do the jail breaks on mine, it’s too techy for me!
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 08:59 PM

I thought I was the only one getting these lol! I just close out the whole page and start a new one. Spamming the back button doesn’t work anymore for me sadly lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page