How about a Hometown thread - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By GeorgiaGSD15
  • 1 Post By raff
  • 1 Post By sebrench

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 08:46 AM Thread Starter

How about a Hometown thread

hello..im new here.(i tried the search). but im a member of several other forums across the spectrum.. and one of the functions of a few other forum boards is a..Hometown tab... this allows folks in the same state to connect with one another and discuss topics going on in their particular areas..get together..etc..etc.. i feel this would be a great addition for here as well.. it would allow new folk like me to contact other GSD owners/breeders/clubs..etc..etc.. for a whole range of options/topics..ie. general knowledge.. breeder scams.. best vet.. local clubs and get togethers..doggy birthdays..etc..etc.. so, how about it!!?? how about a Hometown Tab to allow locals to connect? couldnt hurt could it?

p.s. if there already is a Hometown tab.. please direct me there whilst i insert foot in mouth and head for the door!
Sabis mom likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 12:24 PM
Master Member

I think this is a good idea! Btw if you are in Georgia im not far away in Sc!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 12:28 PM
Crowned Member

There is a spot in your profile to post your location. I've met several people from the forum just knowing that info.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 03:21 PM

I wish more people would use the location function in their profiles. I can understand why they don't. This is a public forum open to the world. It is nice, though, to know if others are in the same state at least.

about.me/car2ner
Patton CGC BH
Chief fetch fanatic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 04:59 PM Thread Starter

very true.. i will update and add my locale.. im not worried about that part..after all..its in my username!! LOL.. but even in doing so.. it would still be nice to have the hometown..your state..whatever it could be labled just to have a place where folks from those areas/states could converse without loading up the boards or general thread.. for instance.. one of the other forums i partake in, there is always info dumped in regards to local events for the state. albeit may not be relatively close to my location..at least i know that said event is going on and in some cases ive seen others drop a thread that they'd like to have such events in the areas and then on occasion it happens. just food for thought!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 05:00 PM Thread Starter

sweet!! yes i am located in Georgia.. not to far from the SAV!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 05:14 PM
Knighted Member

Hello from Southeast Tennessee! We could be close to you, depending on where you are in Georgia.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebrench View Post
Hello from Southeast Tennessee! We could be close to you, depending on where you are in Georgia.
Knoxville, Tennessee here!

We have only been here for four years as of Memorial Day. Gosh, we love it! We moved from SoCal. Everything is so green here! Itís just beautiful.

And the people are wonderful. We could not be happier.
sebrench likes this.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 09:36 PM
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raff View Post
Knoxville, Tennessee here!

We have only been here for four years as of Memorial Day. Gosh, we love it! We moved from SoCal. Everything is so green here! Itís just beautiful.

And the people are wonderful. We could not be happier.
We're in the chattanooga area. My husband and I came here from Pennsylvania about 6 years ago and are thrilled we ended up here! I loved PA also, but I don't miss the winters.
raff likes this.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebrench View Post
We're in the chattanooga area. My husband and I came here from Pennsylvania about 6 years ago and are thrilled we ended up here! I loved PA also, but I don't miss the winters.
Youíre not far away at all!

We got our darling little canary in Chattanooga. I was so worried about my high drive Raff with the bird, I had a contractor come out and hang his cage from the ceiling.

Raff was a little curious, gave him a warning, and heís been ďmehĒ ever since. Amazing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page