Pictures - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 07:16 PM Thread Starter

Angry Pictures

Is it just me or is this the hardest site to post pictures. I have tried a few times and when they do come thru they are sideways and can't be edited. I belong to many sites where you can just upload a pic from your gallery without having to go thru photobucket or any other site.

Kerstone's Meister Jager Geist
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 07:22 PM

I highly recommend imgur if you're having trouble with this site. You can just click the insert image button on here and paste your imgur link. I don't have any problems unless I post very high quality stuff. I'm a photographer so sometimes I post very high file size stuff and the site bugs out a bit, so my go to is imgur in those situations. Also I'm fairly certain this is an outdated version of forum software. This looks like a 10 year old version of vBulletin. Forum software isn't updated as often as they were many years ago, so it's likely a software bug if you're having issues.

Jax - 2 year old WGWL GSD, 125lbs
Leeroy - 3 year old Rottweiler Pit Bull Mix, 120lbs

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

That's the thing, why should I have to join another site or two just to post a pic. Doesn't make a lot of sense.

Kerstone's Meister Jager Geist
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 12:36 AM
Master Member

I find it quite easy, since I use Flickr to post photos.

To upload directly to the forums, you need to have your pictures already edited on your computer. And I don't know about this forum, but another VerticalScope forum I'm on limits how many you can upload. Once you hit your limit, you can't upload any more until older ones are deleted.

Lily: ETD PKD-T ADP-L5/CH ADP-L1(Pr) CNSD
Leo: U-CA ETD PKD-T D-CRO-Preliminary S-ADP-L5/CH S-ADP-L1(Pr) S-ADP-L2(Pr) CNSD
Ilka: BN RE CA CGC TKP ETD PKD-T CRO-1 NCO-1 S-ADP-L4 D-CRO-Preliminary (2009-2017) RIP
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 01:05 AM

Granted, Iím old fashioned and still use the original desktop version - even when on my phone... and I have no problem uploading pics. No photobucket or flickr or imgur.

Hereís a screenshot - I click the little paper clip and voila.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C4DC410C-CE87-4CA0-84F7-76FB5ED7D810.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	516381  

TILDEN: Male: Blk/Red LHGSD: DOB: 12/24/06 65lbs of Love
KEYSTONE: Male: Sable: DOB: 2/11/13 55lbs of Go!!!!!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkinttrim View Post
That's the thing, why should I have to join another site or two just to post a pic. Doesn't make a lot of sense.
You don't have to register for imgur. Just drag and drop the photos onto the website and it'll upload and give you links. It's pretty pain free if there isn't another solution.

Jax - 2 year old WGWL GSD, 125lbs
Leeroy - 3 year old Rottweiler Pit Bull Mix, 120lbs

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 01:56 AM

Unhappy Pictures

YES!!!!!! I still can’t load up pictures either and I keep getting some kinds of warnings (not illegal or obscene,pixel type/size warnings) or this cant load because of this (?) But no meaning/definitions and what to do, what am I doing wrong. Is there a site that explains ALL or a forum here that helps people load up pics? HELP and Thank YOU ps do any of you also have to go back into edit to space your words that for some reason jams up apon each other?

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 05:23 AM

I use the Go Advanced button and Manage Attachments. I find that photos from my phone fit nicely. Photos from my camera I have to resize.

about.me/car2ner
Patton CGC BH
Chief fetch fanatic

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 09:57 AM
Crowned Member

I am always on this forum on my phone. I do like the draft feature they have now. Not sure if it just through the phone. The only down side I can’t use those emojis on the phone. I’m liked out using Instagram and Facebook so I don’t see it as a down side.

As mentioned photos can be done using this forum on the phone. The forum does have a limit of photos you can use unless you upgrade and pay a fee. I do use Tapatalk it’s a free app you can download on your phone to get onto this forum then you can post photos no limit and easy. I also copy and pace my photos on Instagram and Flickr if I don’t feel like signing onto Tapatalk to post a photo - the layout on of this forum through Tapatalk is a little different but to post photos is nice and easy as I am a big photo hound. I have not come across any issues resizing with posting photos through the Tapatalk app.

Last edited by Jenny720; 01-03-2019 at 10:01 AM.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 11:09 AM
Crowned Member

Just click the picture box with triangles and then when option box comes up best photo
Max and jasper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Jenny720; 01-03-2019 at 11:11 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page