So frustrated - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 46Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 12:12 AM Thread Starter

So frustrated

I asked for my username to be changed over two weeks ago. Ive send multiple messages, with Zero response. So frustrating.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 12:57 AM
Knighted Member

This is really sad! Moderators, who will go unmentioned here, had no problem warning me when I responded to some very harsh, and contentious statements on this forum...but have nothing to say now???

Wow...maybe they're all just busy LOL!

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. Mark Twain

Tim
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 03:44 AM
Knighted Member

I’m sorry, but usernames are not able to be changed.

Train the dog in front of you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 03:48 AM
Master Member

I suppose you've only posted 6 times, why not make a new account if it matters so much
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 07:32 AM
Administrator

Hi there,

The forum policy is to not allow username changes or duplicate accoubts.

It’s nothing personal, just policy for everyone.
GypsyGhost likes this.
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 08:33 AM
Knighted Member

Unpaid moderators with lives of their own to lead. Rules are always available to review.

"If there ever comes a day when we can't be together,keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever." A.A. Milne
Karen

Tessa~GSD
Della~GSD

post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 11:08 AM
No Stinkin' Leashes Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellja84 View Post
I asked for my username to be changed over two weeks ago. Ive send multiple messages, with Zero response. So frustrating.
Who have you sent messages to? I'm sorry that someone hasn't gotten back to you, but as other moderators have already mentioned it's board policy not to change usernames.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim_s_adams View Post
This is really sad! Moderators, who will go unmentioned here, had no problem warning me when I responded to some very harsh, and contentious statements on this forum...but have nothing to say now???

Moderators wouldn't be able to change usernames even if it were allowed. We also aren't able to ban people, that decision would come from admin. Mods are only able to approve posts by new members, move threads to more appropriate forums, and to edit, lock, or remove posts in the individual subforums that they're assigned to. And yes, most of us are busy with our own lives, our jobs, and our dogs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGloomy View Post
I suppose you've only posted 6 times, why not make a new account if it matters so much
Having more than one account is against board rules, please do not suggest that members do this.
ksotto333, dogma13 and GypsyGhost like this.

-Debbie-
Cava 1/6/18
Keefer 8/25/05-4/24/19 ~ The sweetest boy
Halo 11/9/08-6/17/18 ~ You left pawprints on our hearts
Dena 9/12/04-10/4/08 ~ Forever would have been too short
Cassidy 6/8/00-10/4/04
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim_s_adams View Post

If you have an issue with a warning you have received you can PM a moderator and discuss it. The moderators try to keep this forum a friendly place to discuss dogs. Overall, this is a very nice forum for both novices and experienced handlers to discuss all aspects of dog ownership. The goal of the forum is to have a civil, polite exchange of ideas and information. Naturally, on an internet forum this is not always possible to achieve 100% of the time. Some threads, topics, and posts cause an emotional reaction or a very passionate response.

If you or anyone else feel that they have have an issue the best course of action is to PM a moderator, they will do their best to resolve the problem amicably.

“Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance”. George Bernard Shaw

Jim
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassidy's Mom View Post
Moderators wouldn't be able to change usernames even if it were allowed. We also aren't able to ban people, that decision would come from admin. Mods are only able to approve posts by new members, move threads to more appropriate forums, and to edit, lock, or remove posts in the individual subforums that they're assigned to. And yes, most of us are busy with our own lives, our jobs, and our dogs.
So, if mods have the admin's contact, why not forward the message (whomever received it, not saying you specifically) to the admin? If the admin can't change the username, they should be able to delete a duplicate account, thus allowing the OP to make a new one.

Just sayin'.
Shane'sDad and tim_s_adams like this.
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 12:34 PM
No Stinkin' Leashes Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
So, if mods have the admin's contact, why not forward the message (whomever received it, not saying you specifically) to the admin?
We do. I have no idea who she messaged though. Was a mod? Was it an admin? Was it the help desk for the forum, which as far as I know wouldn't go to either the mods or admins? But yes, if we get messages from people with issues that we can't personally fix, we post about it in the mod forum to bring it to the attention of admin.
Shane'sDad likes this.

-Debbie-
Cava 1/6/18
Keefer 8/25/05-4/24/19 ~ The sweetest boy
Halo 11/9/08-6/17/18 ~ You left pawprints on our hearts
Dena 9/12/04-10/4/08 ~ Forever would have been too short
Cassidy 6/8/00-10/4/04
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page