A new forum section - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 183Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 84 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 05:44 PM Thread Starter

A new forum section

Admins, I'm wondering out loud here if it might be a good idea to set up a separate part of the forum (maybe like a subsection in the Dog Sports or Working Dogs sections) for non-GSD breeds.

Threads of this topic come up quite frequently on the forum, but they always seem to get closed in fairly short order due negative comments and incessant bickering. I figured that if there is a separate section, people who were inclined to could go there and have discussions on working and training with other breeds; and people who don't like hearing about other breeds wouldn't have to participate.

Anyways, just a thought.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 84 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 05:48 PM
Crowned Member

What happens if you like talking about other breeds but aren't interested in always talking about Pit Bulls?

If you need equipment to maintain control of your dog, understand you’re hanging on to your dog’s body because you’ve lost his mind!

Suzanne Clothier
post #3 of 84 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 06:06 PM Thread Starter

BTW, I know I addressed my initial post the Admins, but if anyone else wants to provide constructive feedback, please feel free to do so.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 84 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 06:08 PM
Crowned Member

The more this forum gets off into other breeds, the less I participate. I only have so much free time to spend here, and if the most active threads are all about other breeds, I leave and don't come back for a while. I may be in the minority but I rarely have an interest in other breeds, except related ones like Mals, Dutchies, and similar.
post #5 of 84 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 06:09 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MineAreWorkingline View Post
What happens if you like talking about other breeds but aren't interested in always talking about Pit Bulls?
Yep. I'm done posting about pits. The threads always turn into arguments and are always closed.
post #6 of 84 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 06:13 PM
Crowned Member

nah-- this is a GSD forum .

there is so much to learn and share with this one breed .

Carmen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 84 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 06:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvShepherds View Post
The more this forum gets off into other breeds, the less I participate. I only have so much free time to spend here, and if the most active threads are all about other breeds, I leave and don't come back for a while. I may be in the minority but I rarely have an interest in other breeds, except related ones like Mals, Dutchies, and similar.
Well every time I glance at the 'Recent Discussions' tab, the overwhelming majority of threads still seem to be GSD focused. There have been a recent spate of non-GSD threads in a few select sections (like the Working Dogs and Dog Sports), mostly because people were asking or talking about other breeds that might be used for some of those activities.

The beauty of having an 'other' breed subsection is that you or anyone else wouldn't have to pay attention to these off-breed threads as you perused your regular threads and sections.
post #8 of 84 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 06:18 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvShepherds View Post
Yep. I'm done posting about pits. The threads always turn into arguments and are always closed.
I belong to several GSD forums, one all breed working dog forum, one all breed protection dog forum, one all breed forum with emphasis on GSDs, a couple of game Pit Bull forums and I have lurked other breed specific forums.

This is the only breed specific forum obsessed with Pit Bulls that is non Pit Bull specific.
LuvShepherds likes this.

If you need equipment to maintain control of your dog, understand you’re hanging on to your dog’s body because you’ve lost his mind!

Suzanne Clothier
post #9 of 84 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 06:30 PM
Elite Member

I thought we already had an "off topic" board here...

I see no reason why we need to add more of them.
post #10 of 84 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 06:40 PM Thread Starter

My OP was not about wanting to discuss all-things pitbull. It's about how every time someone creates a thread or post that isn't about the GSD or the Belgian Malinois, there is an almost instantaneous and highly negative response from some very dedicated forum members (some of whom wasted no time in making their presence known on this very thread).

I would think that having a separate subsection for 'other' breeds would enable some to have civil conversations about those breeds, while allowing others to peruse the forum without being bothered by another off-breed discussion. After all, participation in this forum is voluntary...if you don't want to be a part of a certain conversation, you don't have to comment on it. Maybe with a little self-control, and some supervision from the moderators, an 'other' breed subsection would provide an appropriate venue for some of the topics that occasionally pop up on this forum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page