should we prohibit discussions on molossers in this forum - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 64Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-30-2016, 10:32 AM Thread Starter

should we prohibit discussions on molossers in this forum

My hobby is to study shepherds and molossers. In this context I had started a thread on Fila, which has received good number of views and around 70 responses apart from my own comments. However a number of responses have been quite extreme, reflecting the personal prejudice or bias, and heated exchange of views, arguments often shifting from topic of the thread. Of course everybody is entitled to their views.

But I am thinking should we in future have any discussions on molossers in this forum. From my side I will not post anything regarding molossers here. Perhaps we should make it a policy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-30-2016, 10:39 AM

You think certain topics should be banned because you don't like the responses you've gotten?

I don't think that's how discussion forums work.

Besides, how often does this really come up? On a GSD forum?
selzer, Chip18, Sirine and 1 others like this.
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-30-2016, 10:43 AM

I didn't even know what they were talking about, had to look it up....did learn something today.

I agree, if you don't like the responses us get maybe not post.
selzer, Sirine and voodoolamb like this.

Like Will Rogers said:
If there's no Dogs in Heaven, send me where they are.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-30-2016, 10:45 AM
Crowned Member

No, I don't think that is necessary. We have heated debates about many things. Do I think one will get more negative responses about any dog that is not a GSD? Of course! This is a GSD board. German Shepherds are the best dog in the world. (To us.) Of course, lots of us also have other breeds, or mixes. Some GSD people would never own a poodle and some GSD people do own a poodle. I have a hound mix. I have GSD friends who look at hounds with disdain.

All I am saying is, "If you are going to post on a GSD forum about ANY other breed dog, you need to have a tough skin." It isn't personal. It just isn't a GSD. There is not a single topic anyone can post and expect total agreement from all the members. If you don't want to debate anything, don't post at all - ever. lol!
selzer, Chip18 and voodoolamb like this.

Jan
Shelby 9-2-14
Natty Boh 6-27-12
Annie 1998 - 8-2-12 RIP
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-30-2016, 11:06 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEZPUR1976 View Post
My hobby is to study shepherds and molossers. In this context I had started a thread on Fila, which has received good number of views and around 70 responses apart from my own comments. However a number of responses have been quite extreme, reflecting the personal prejudice or bias, and heated exchange of views, arguments often shifting from topic of the thread. Of course everybody is entitled to their views.

But I am thinking should we in future have any discussions on molossers in this forum. From my side I will not post anything regarding molossers here. Perhaps we should make it a policy
There are a couple people who have EXTREME hatred towards any bully type breed. They are not capable of having a conversation about them.

But there is this nifty ignore feature...

Post what you want. Read what you want.
Deb, llombardo, GypsyGhost and 3 others like this.

post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-30-2016, 11:30 AM
Elite Member

Naahh.

Personally I wouldn't stick around the forum if they started banning topics of discussion.
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-30-2016, 11:36 AM
Crowned Member

It keeps a forum 'juicy' and you can always ignore what doesn't interest you. And yes, GSDs are the best.
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-30-2016, 12:23 PM
Crowned Member

Unlike other commentors, I have not seen on this forum where anybody is intolerant of bully breeds although I have seen where many members seem to have a common thread of being attacked by one breed type.

I am not even sure why molossers are all being lumped as bully breeds, as that is not the case.

I know that I was repeatedly accused on the Fila forum for not liking the breed, but I do like Filas. Just some people seem to have a comprehension problem.

With that said, I don't care if molossers are discussed. I am just disappointed with all the repeat topics of what should I feed my puppy or when should I spay or neuter, which usually have three active threads running at the same time when there are so many other interesting topics, IMO, that could be discussed.

The again, the false accusations and failed sarcasm that abound on this forum does discourage people from starting threads.
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-30-2016, 12:31 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy dog View Post
It keeps a forum 'juicy' and you can always ignore what doesn't interest you. And yes, GSDs are the best.
YES! And hound mixes. Hahahaha.
dogma13 likes this.

Jan
Shelby 9-2-14
Natty Boh 6-27-12
Annie 1998 - 8-2-12 RIP
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-30-2016, 12:40 PM
Administrator

Banning topics becomes a slippery slope. There's a different all-breed dog discussion I participated in, and once the lists of "Banned" topics started, the discussion really slowed down and ground to a boring halt.

Thou shalt not discuss Silver Labs
Thou shalt not discuss ear cropping
Thou shalt not discuss e-Collars
Thou shalt not discuss blue-nose pitbulls (or red-nose pitbulls or anything to do with any nose of any pitbull ever born)
Thou shalt not discuss Cesar Millan
Thou shalt not discuss.... basically anything even remotely worth having an opinion on, after a while.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page