Warnings TOS/RULES Violation notifications! - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 21Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Warnings TOS/RULES Violation notifications!

I recently rec'd a Warning see below: How on earth would one know what specifically a warning is referencing of all the rules quoted in this warning without providing a quote/copy of the violation itself?

Here is an example that may better explain my concern/question.

police pull you over hands you a book (multiple pages) of laws and says you my friend are in violation and are getting a warning. If you get a number of warnings then your license will be suspended and drives off. This happens multiple times without the police ever telling you specifically what you have done wrong just handing you a book of rules, your license gets suspended.

Accusations/ Suggestions are not evidence of anything,

Castlemaid
The Administrator from the Great White North, eh?

Admin Warning
You are receiving this warning for a number of board rule infractions, mainly on-going off topic petty bickering,
inciting conflict, and being inappropriately confrontational and adversarial, and for the almost constant subtle insults and putdowns aimed at other members and specific posts.

From the board rules:
Quote:
1. Be courteous to other members at all times;

2. Be respectful of the feelings of others;
Quote:
6. Do not make abusive, hateful, harassing, or threatening statements;
Quote:
9. Do not use statements that incite conflict among members]
Quote:
Members of this board are entitled to a reasonable standard of behavior from other members. A level of respect and courtesy must be maintained at all times, no exceptions. You may not like or agree with a particular person but we all share a love of the dogs and we all have a right to participate in the board’s activities free of harassment. Please do not quote a member's post out of context, using a portion, or portions, of the post that gives it new meaning, one the initial poster never intended to convey.
Please be aware that repeated board rule violations may result in a suspension of posting privileges.

Regards,

Lucia
Lucia

Gryffon Vom Wildhaus

Keeta BH, OB1, TR1, AD
Rottweiler/Hairy Dog mix?? 2004-2015

OK, well I read the rules and I am left to try and figure out what and where said violations occurred, the cause of said violations or if they ever even actually happened, or is this just a book of rules being thrown at me and telling me pretty soon your license will be suspended.

REALLY?

The same Admin recently deleted a portion of one of my posts leaving a nice message at the bottom. I searched the GSD forum for the same words edited out of my post and nearly 100 posts appeared with the same word(s) or violations present and pointed them out in a follow up post and asked why this was happening?

(crickets)

Nothing not a peep in response.

Is this how the owners or Admin run this site, is this the policy of the Administration of this board?

Please advise!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 12:05 PM
The "I'm not dead yet" Administrator.

If you would like a breakdown, please contact a moderator or admin directly and they will be happy to provide it for you.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 12:34 PM
Crowned Member

I just wish the above TOS applied to everybody. There are a lot of hateful and disrespectful comments made and if those don't incite conflict......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 12:40 PM
The "I'm not dead yet" Administrator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MineAreWorkingline View Post
I just wish the above TOS applied to everybody. There are a lot of hateful and disrespectful comments made and if those don't incite conflict......
Then report the post that you feel is inciting conflict. Contrary to popular belief, we can't be everywhere at once, and if we are not reading an active thread, things get missed. It's not on purpose.

But just because someone strongly disagrees with something, does not mean it's inciting conflict.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 12:46 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsdsar View Post
Then report the post that you feel is inciting conflict. Contrary to popular belief, we can't be everywhere at once, and if we are not reading an active thread, things get missed. It's not on purpose.

But just because someone strongly disagrees with something, does not mean it's inciting conflict.
I do understand mods can't live on the board, and thank you mods for all you do!

It just seems like it is the same people over and over making the same insults over and over. You don't want to lower yourself to their level by constantly turning their comments in.

I am certainly not talking about people that disagree but insults or disrespectful comments directed at posters, their dogs, or other posters on here.

I am going to send you a PM.
Chip18 likes this.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 12:48 PM
No Stinkin' Leashes Moderator

Quote:
When you see posts like that, please use the moderator notification button. Mods and Admins do not read every single post in every single subforum on the board - heck, I don't even read every post in the subforums where I'm the moderator! Who has time for that?

We are busy people, just like everyone else here, with jobs, families, responsibilities, and dogs of our own to train. We are also fairly short staffed, and moderate the board in our spare time on a volunteer basis. We rely on the board members to alert us about potential issues because it's way too active and busy here to keep up on our own.

So, just because you see a post remain in place that you believe violates board rules, you can't assume that we've seen it and condone the behavior. This is your board too, (not YOU, you - everyone), and it would be nice if everyone took some responsibility to help us keep it civil instead of just complaining about unfair moderation. Again - this is not directed at you specifically, it's a sentiment we see frequently.
MineAreWorkingline likes this.

-Debbie-
Cava 1/6/18
Keefer 8/25/05-4/24/19 ~ The sweetest boy
Halo 11/9/08-6/17/18 ~ You left pawprints on our hearts
Dena 9/12/04-10/4/08 ~ Forever would have been too short
Cassidy 6/8/00-10/4/04
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 12:50 PM

Quote:
You don't want to lower yourself to their level by constantly turning their comments in.
If their comments are truly against board rules, then you're not lowering yourself to their level! PLEASE, notify us. If we agree, we'll take care of it. If we don't, nothing will happen. But I guarantee that nothing will happen if none of us see it.

-Debbie-
Cava 1/6/18
Cassidy 6/8/00-10/4/04
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 12:58 PM
The Administrator from the Great White North, eh?

The poster has contacted me for clarification, and I have sent an answer.

Main point to take away is please, if you see an issue that you feel needs moderator intervention, do notify. It sometimes takes a while for one of us to be able to check it, so there may not be immediate action. For example, notifications are sent to our emails - sometimes there are software-associated delays (there has been instances where a notification didn't get delivered until a few days after it was sent), and sometimes other reasons. PM'ing a mod or admin bringing questionable posts to their attention can also work.

When notifying, a mod will determine if there has indeed been any board rule infractions and determine what action will be taken - if any. We don't in general get back to people after they notify, so even if nothing seems to happen, we have checked it out, discussed it, and left it, edited it, or took other action as we find fit.

Also people need to take responsibility for their own actions and postings - finding a swear word that is several months old buried in an inoffensive thread that has missed the mods does not relieve members from the requirements to moderate themselves and use acceptable language in their posts.

Lucia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2009-2018

Keeta BH, OB1, TR1, AD
Rottweiler/Hairy Dog mix?? 2004-2015
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 01:03 PM
Knighted Member

I agree. Nothing wrong with having a different belief, method, theory, etc... That actually gives people multiple options to choose what works best for themselves and their individual situation. What seems to happen is that someone will post one way then someone else will post an alternative method and the first person gets offended like their methods or them themselves are being questioned or insulted. Even then no big deal some people are easily offended grow some thicker skin. But when the topic switches to, you suck and I'm the best trainer in the world. I wrestle sharks and once I got caught in an elephant stampede in Africa and I walked away unscathed but 14 elephants suffered broken legs. Then it becomes counter productive. And quite frankly annoying. Even the OP commented how frustrating it is to have to sift through 60 posts of BS to find the 5 helpful posts. I'm no Admin but I do Admin a couple firearm sites and this stuff just adds to the headache that being an Admin already produces. As far as just getting a rule book. Read the and try following all of them and it won't matter.
Castlemaid, Chip18 and voodoolamb like this.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdwoodcox View Post
As far as just getting a rule book. Read the and try following all of them and it won't matter.
This. The rules here aren't that long or complicated that people can't just skim through them and make sure that their posts comply. You know when you're being rude. You know when you're deliberately provoking. You know when you've called someone names or treated them with disrespect. Take responsibility for your actions.
Chip18 likes this.

-Debbie-
Cava 1/6/18
Cassidy 6/8/00-10/4/04
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page