Threads backwards and what's with this limit?! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-29-2016, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

Threads backwards and what's with this limit?!

I recently joined here after lurking for a while. My main purpose was to ask a question regarding a specific picture in a specific post.

I tried to do this only to be greeted by a limit that doesn't allow people under 3 posts to include any links or images (even if those images were quoted from the Admin's post).

This limit is kind of annoying to someone who just joined, but I understand that it's probably to prevent spam and I am trying to get my post count up so I'm treated like a new member and not another spam bot.

Only wanted to express my opinion of that while gaining my 2nd post, one more to go!

Another complaint, what is with the short edit window time?! I post something and realize I misspelled something and by then the edit button is long gone.

Now onto an actual question regarding the forum...

Every single thread I view is backwards!
It goes from the last post to the first, so I need to go to the last page in order to figure out what people are talking about since I don't see the OP first.

How can I reverse my thread view so it shows post #1 first on page 1 and post #490 on the last page?

Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-29-2016, 03:01 PM

Hey Tritium! To read threads in order go to the top of the page and click user cp.On the left of that screen click settings and options.Next scroll down to thread display options.Ta Da! You only have ten minutes to edit from the time you began typing Sucks for slow typers like me.

Terri

Samson Blk/Slvr GSD. RN
Misty Husky Mix
Z-Z Terrier/potato mix
Devo Yorkie Mix at the bridge
Dakota Wht GSD at the bridge
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-29-2016, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogma13 View Post
Hey Tritium! To read threads in order go to the top of the page and click user cp.On the left of that screen click settings and options.Next scroll down to thread display options.Ta Da! You only have ten minutes to edit from the time you began typing Sucks for slow typers like me.
Thank you.
I needed to change it to "Linear - Oldest First"

I constantly edit, reformat, spellcheck and add updates to my post.
But I guess I won't be doing that here.

Found another great annoyance...
I need 15 posts before I can reply to the PMs that people send me.

So now I look like a complete jerk who is ignoring the people who PMd me and are trying to help.

If any one that PMs me sees this post, please know that I am sorry and there's nothing I can do to reply back to you or even to thank you!

Last edited by Tritium; 02-29-2016 at 03:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-29-2016, 05:07 PM
The Administrator from the Great White North, eh?

It's pretty easy to get 15 posts if you go on the picture forum and add comments to people's picture threads.

Sorry about all the annoyances - they are to try and control the spam. Over the last couple of years the Spam Attacks increased like crazy, and some controls needed to be brought in. Still the odd Spammer gets through though, we do delete/ban them as fast as we can.

Lucia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2009-2018

Keeta BH, OB1, TR1, AD
Rottweiler/Hairy Dog mix?? 2004-2015
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page