Delete my account - German Shepherd Dog Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 08:07 AM Thread Starter

Delete my account

I want my account deleted and although I know it has been said that you cannot delete, I would like to at LEAST know how to change my username and delete posts I have made including my dogs names and location to which I live and delete email associated with this membership. I have been getting harassed and bullied on questions I have asked and do not want to be apart of this community anymore.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 08:25 AM
Crowned Member

Disagreeing with your choices is not bullying. When you post a thread looking for confirmation of your own ideas rather than objective opinions you may be disapointed.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 08:30 AM
Zombie Queen Moderator

I don't have a clue how anyone but an admin (not even moderators) can get your email unless you have given it out.

There is no sign of bullying on the threads; just people disagreeing with you which is allowable.

The policy is not to change user names / delete posts etc. -

If you have objective evidence that there is a legitimate problem, then PM an admin on the forum to discuss. If people are sending you nasty PMs, just ignore them.

Nancy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Partner in Crime
Waiting at the Bridge: Grim (NAPWDA), Cyra, Toby, Oscar, Linus, Rainbow, Arlo, & Waggles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 09:11 AM
Zombie Queen Moderator

You can also go (on a desktop at least) to home-user CP-edit options and make major changes to your communications options which would effectively disable you.

If you enabled "allow v card download" when you joined, you can uncheck that box [it cannot do anything about people who already have your contact info] ... you can also disable getting private messages.

Nancy

- Partner in Crime
Waiting at the Bridge: Grim (NAPWDA), Cyra, Toby, Oscar, Linus, Rainbow, Arlo, & Waggles
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 09:17 AM
Crowned Member

This is just silly. Nobody is going to stalk you off the forum. And nobody was bullying you. They disagreed with your choices. If you don't want opposing opinions, don't post for advice on an internet forum. Jan was certainly not rude to you. Jan doesn't know how to be rude. She truly sucks at that particular life skill.

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 09:19 AM
Zombie Queen Moderator

Lets just let it rest.

Nancy

- Partner in Crime
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 12:14 PM
Crowned Member

Go into your profile and remove your email information. You can also edit your location. I stopped listing my email on my contact info long ago after I got some totally jerky emails. You'll notice, too, that my location is pretty broad. You will not be able to delete your account but you can at least take information off your profile. I am not sure if you can sign in as a different user or not. You may want to contact an administrator to ask about that.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 12:23 PM
Banned

One of the better ways to go "unnoticed" is by "not" starting threads like "this" ... just saying.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 12:31 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by middleofnowhere View Post
You may want to contact an administrator to ask about that.
I think that will get you banned. I guess that would be one way of severing ties to the forum though. (I think your posts will still exist with the title "banned" under your user name though.)

OP, one of your prior posts mentioned leaving your dog to go to class...so I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you might be college age? You don't need to answer -- I'm just guessing. If my guess is right, you might be a part of the millinial demographic. If so, I'd ask you to step back and do some reading about what people in higher ed are writing about millinials, and the difficulties teaching them compared to other generations.

We live in a world in which our young 'uns in the United States are growing up to feel aggrieved because people disagree with them, and perceive any disagreement as "threatening." It used to be disagreement was understood to be lively "discourse," and older (non-millineal) people still perceive it as such. There's thus a generational disconnect in communication happening -- not just on the forum, but in work places, classrooms, etc. There's something about being raised to only experience agreement (watching cable channels that reinforce pre-existing world views, curating social media communities that are like-minded, establishing friendships with people who reinforce each other, etc.) that's really damaging to healthy discourse. We all need to have people around us who challenge us to examine suppositions and be better -- at everything.

My hope is that you'll step back and realize this forum might help you grow as a dog owner. There are a (very) few nutters here, but there's also a lot of experience and sound, no-nonsense advice that has helped an awful lot of people.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 12:42 PM
Zombie Queen Moderator

I do not believe expressing concerns to an admin will get you banned and, of course, people who do get banned still have their name on the board, posts remain etc., thy simply have banned under their name and are usually discovered if they try to rejoin the board under a different name.

Lets give the benefit of the doubt on the profile email thing

Nancy

- Partner in Crime
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page