Where can I find rules and regs/glossary/definitions...? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-11-2015, 07:15 PM Thread Starter

Where can I find rules and regs/glossary/definitions...?

I've got a few questions for admin.

I've searched the site for the basic rules for posting and read a lot of what I was after in the FAQs, but I didn't find all my admin-type questions answered there. Is there one central place where all instructions and rules reside, and I've missed finding it?

Also, is there is a website glossary for terms such as PTS and the like? I can almost always figure out what the poster is saying through context and a lot of trial and error in my mind, but if there is a glossary that I don't know about, it would be nice to peruse it.

Here's something I figure is explained somewhere on the site, but I can't find it. So far, I've seen members identified as elite, crowned, knighted, master, senior or just as a run-of-the-mill member, and of course, there is the new member. Is this classification of members explained anywhere, and if so, can you tell me where to go? And if not, could you explain the hierarchy and how one becomes a crowned or knighted or elite member? And when does a new member become just a member?

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-11-2015, 08:13 PM
Administrator & LOTR Addict

A link to the board rules can be found at the top of every forum.

Member classification is based on the number of posts on the board and nothing else.

HMMMMMM, I don't know if there is a glossary of terms, but if you don't know what something means, just ask.

Lisa Clark

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena IPO1 KKL CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) IPO2 KKL B/HOT, Jarka (up and coming) BHOT, and gone but not forgotten,
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-12-2015, 10:03 AM
The Agility Rocks! Moderator

Here are the rules ----> German Shepherd Dog Forums - Announcements in Forum : Comments, Suggestions & Forum Questions

Quote:
Here's something I figure is explained somewhere on the site, but I can't find it. So far, I've seen members identified as elite, crowned, knighted, master, senior or just as a run-of-the-mill member, and of course, there is the new member. Is this classification of members explained anywhere, and if so, can you tell me where to go? And if not, could you explain the hierarchy and how one becomes a crowned or knighted or elite member? And when does a new member become just a member?
As Ihczth said, that's 100% based on how many posts you've made, NOT how smart you are . Except for me, it's for smarts

There is a ton of information on --> Welcome to the GSD/FAQ's for the first time owner - German Shepherd Dog Forums and the abbreviations for some pedigree information is included.

Miss Osin Blue Wildhaus NA NAJ NF

"Nothing new can come into your life unless you are grateful for what you already have. ~ "--- Michael Bernhard, gratitude
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-13-2015, 02:06 AM Thread Starter

Thank you, LOTR addict and MaggieRoseLee for clarifying and giving me links to other places I hadn't thought to check out. Not being a new GSD owner, I glossed over that forum.

It's good to know that the hierarchy is based on number of posts and not brains...well, I mean, except for MRL. There are exceptions to every rule, I've learned, in life, and those exceptions add spice to life, oh yeah.

Toodleoo ~

See you in the forums!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page