Mobile access(?) - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015, 12:05 PM Thread Starter

Mobile access(?)

I belong to many forums, all of which differing in aim and context, from Audi cars to photography, from audiophile interests to computer technical support (you get the idea). I most commonly access these forums via my smart phone because they have either offered a mobile format for their forum, or they have integrated their forum with the capabilities of such smart phone apps (e.g.) the app 'Tapatalk'.

As I'm sure you're aware, smart phones are now ubiquitous, and I hope you'll soon adopt a smart phone format.

TIA

Cheers from the Avalon Peninsula
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015, 12:08 PM
Elite Member

there is a mobile version. you have to be on a modern phone for it to work. if your phone is old it won't.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015, 01:15 PM Thread Starter

Oops! I was just a out to reply that I found it. I don't know why the mobile format didnt engage before(?)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 04:03 PM

Would be nice if the GSD forums would step into the 21st century a little bit with regard to this as well as finally doing away with the silly resolution requirements for photographs. I know the argument went something like "bigger photos can take people to long to download" or something similar. If we were all using 56k modems, I'd agree. But seriously now, it's 2015.

Blue, GSD-mix, b.1999 - d.2012
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lanee, GSD, b.2011

Rogan, GSD, b.2014
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-27-2015, 03:10 PM

I just became a member. I switched views prior to fully activating my account (thinking that was why I couldnt reply). How do I get back to mobile??
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-27-2015, 03:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSblue View Post
I just became a member. I switched views prior to fully activating my account (thinking that was why I couldnt reply). How do I get back to mobile??
Try clearing your phone cache....
No button to get it back unfortunately...
It might pop up and ask you 'randomly' to try it again.
I would stay on the desktop website tho.

Try use the mobile version.
Let me know how it works for you please.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-28-2015, 07:47 AM

I cleared history and then after a few times. Going back onto site I was prompted. Thanks! (So far much easier to view in mobile )
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-28-2015, 08:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSblue View Post
I cleared history and then after a few times. Going back onto site I was prompted. Thanks! (So far much easier to view in mobile )
Yep it is much easier.

Just crashed too much for me to keep with it.
Especially when I wrote long comments.

Sometimes it did not show latest replies.
Found quite a few frustrations, So I am curious how it works for you.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-28-2015, 08:23 AM
Elite Member

to be honest the mobile version sucks. it's almost impossible to scroll to the last page of a thread, the slider thing hardly ever moves. you click on things and hear the click but nothing happens. you spend 99% of your time tapping your phone like a lunatic with nothing happening. i have a brand new samsung galaxy and this is the only site that gives me these problems. to exit mobile view you have to click the 3 little horizontal bars at the top left. half the time you hear the click but nothing happens. when the options finally do come up it doesn't let me scroll down to exit mobile view or whatever it says. when i finally get that far and click exit mobile view everything freezes in the process and i have to restart my phone. when everything works finally and i'm back to the old view, after a few times logging on i'm automatically put back in mobile view and i just want to put my head through a wall.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-28-2015, 09:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarfish View Post
to be honest the mobile version sucks. it's almost impossible to scroll to the last page of a thread, the slider thing hardly ever moves. you click on things and hear the click but nothing happens. you spend 99% of your time tapping your phone like a lunatic with nothing happening. i have a brand new samsung galaxy and this is the only site that gives me these problems. to exit mobile view you have to click the 3 little horizontal bars at the top left. half the time you hear the click but nothing happens. when the options finally do come up it doesn't let me scroll down to exit mobile view or whatever it says. when i finally get that far and click exit mobile view everything freezes in the process and i have to restart my phone. when everything works finally and i'm back to the old view, after a few times logging on i'm automatically put back in mobile view and i just want to put my head through a wall.
Yep way too buggy.

Its unfortunate, because the normal website is really not designed for mobile at all.

But it is definitely much better. At least it works.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page