German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (https://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Choosing A Breeder (https://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/choosing-breeder/)
-   -   Looking to add a second GSD to our home. Help finding a breeder! (https://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/choosing-breeder/757791-looking-add-second-gsd-our-home-help-finding-breeder.html)

AresOrion 09-18-2019 03:25 AM

Looking to add a second GSD to our home. Help finding a breeder!

Our first GSD is a gem we adopted a little over two years ago. While we would love to replicate the miracle that was acquiring her, we know it is unlikely. We are looking for a male pup this go-around (she is spayed. we are not interested in breeding - from past experience, it is easier to introduce males to existing females). What we are looking for is a reputable breeder that is in either UT, MT, CO, KS, WY, ID (you get it. mid-west) and breeds dogs that fit the following criteria:

• Moderate Angulation
  • Short Hair
  • Working Line

We'd like to stay under $2500 if possible, but have some flexibility. We are also looking at very late december/early january to take pup home so we don't mind looking at breeders who have upcoming litters as we are not looking to take pup home TODAY.

Thanks!

Nigel 09-18-2019 08:34 AM

Theishof in Middleton/Boise.

I've never had an issue bringing in a young pup with my two females.

bbsminx1 09-20-2019 08:20 PM

Denwolf Shepherds in Aurora, Colorado. Take a look at her site on Facebook. We have two shepherds from her, as well as having worked with numerous puppies from her, in alot of different venues. They are nicely balanced, both structurally and temperamentally, and have all done extremely in any task they are put to....from just wonderful companions, to assistance work, dock diving, barn hunt, lure coursing, weight pull, IPO, up through conformaton! Denese's pups are priced well within your range. I highly recommend her!

Sabis mom 09-20-2019 08:42 PM

Isn't Weberhaua in Kansas?

AresOrion 09-23-2019 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbsminx1 (Post 9195507)
Denwolf Shepherds in Aurora, Colorado. Take a look at her site on Facebook. We have two shepherds from her, as well as having worked with numerous puppies from her, in alot of different venues. They are nicely balanced, both structurally and temperamentally, and have all done extremely in any task they are put to....from just wonderful companions, to assistance work, dock diving, barn hunt, lure coursing, weight pull, IPO, up through conformaton! Denese's pups are priced well within your range. I highly recommend her!

No posts since June of this year and her website isn't working unfortunately

AresOrion 09-23-2019 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabis mom (Post 9195517)
Isn't Weberhaua in Kansas?

Yes, I am actually in communication with Malinda about an upcoming litter and am most likely going to go with her. The other option is Gigante K9 in AZ.

Jchrest 09-24-2019 12:48 AM

PM for info on Gigante K9’s

AresOrion 09-24-2019 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jchrest (Post 9196165)
PM for info on Gigante K9’s

Sent a PM

gsdsteve 09-25-2019 07:17 PM

She wants WORKING lines!