Looking for a working line GSD around East Central Ohio - Page 4 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwolf View Post
Just checking in to see if you have had any luck yet?
I did eventually hear back from all the breeders I listed in my Oct. 16 post. I wound up going with Kleinen Hain Kennels, in Kentucky, getting a black 12 week old female of Czech parents.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 10:33 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmcfred View Post
Do you mind me asking who you went with?
I decided to go with Von Der Haus Gill. He is going to steer me in the direction of a pup that will suit what Iím looking for. He has been prompt and professional with all my correspondence and I do appreciate that. His dogs are amazing and Iím glad I decided to go with them. I should have a new pup in January.
lhczth, huntergreen and Sabis mom like this.
post #33 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 11:53 AM
Crowned Member

I have seen alot of Haus Gill dogs in companion homes....they are usually stable, low to medium drive, and good looking....he is not breeding for sport dogs which most of your other choices concentrate on.....sport bred dogs are usually going to be a higher drive, prey driven animal..........few are bred for balance as that type of dog is not a "point dog"............the pups he does not feel are LE candidates make good companion dogs...

there are many many many people breeding for sport dogs....breeding "big name" dogs....and yet some of the big name dogs have characteristics that are totally counter productive to being a stable companion dog. So be careful....

Lee

edit to add: wrote this before I read the last page and your decision

Hexe Sch2, Komet & Kougar IPO1, Kira HGH, SG Bengal, Lynx v Wolfstraum ~ Ziberia IPO1 ~ ATB Basha, Kougar & Kyra, Fenja, Sch3s, Cito, Sch2, DangerRH, Csabre & Alice Sch1s ~Kelsey
wolfstraum.net

Last edited by wolfstraum; 10-23-2019 at 11:57 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 01:04 PM Thread Starter

[QUOTE=wolfstraum;9205423]I have seen alot of Haus Gill dogs in companion homes....they are usually stable, low to medium drive, and good looking.

This is exactly what Iím hoping for. I have searched so long I was starting to second guess myself. Iím definitely looking forward to getting a pup and starting to work with it.

Thanks again to everyone who offered opinions and advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page