ISO of Washington state White, short hair, GSD (not White Shepherds/Berger Blancs) - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 01:33 AM Thread Starter

ISO of Washington state White, short hair, GSD (not White Shepherds/Berger Blancs)

Hello community - this is a continuation of my original post titled, “HEIDENROSLEIN GERMAN SHEPHERDS in Olympia, Washington”
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 01:46 AM Thread Starter

We’re researching breeders of short haired, GSDs, prefer White coloring (not long haired WS/BB) then gray sable but really will go after temperament and health for pet quality family member.

Are there any Washington short haired, White GSDs reputable breeders/kennels?

I ran across this kennel,
Heidenroslein German Shepherds LLC,
https://heidenrosleingermanshepherds.com/ from AKC marketplace.

Are there any members that have pups from Heidenroslein?

I fell in love with an awesome GSD in Cannon Beach, OR hanging out it’s owner’s gallery but breeder has since retired.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 02:24 AM Thread Starter

ISO White, short hair, GSD (not White Shepherds/Berger Blancs) breeders in WA state

Please mention your top online research tools.

Here’s my list so far:
https://www.ofa.org/look-up-a-dog
https://www.germanshepherddatabase.org/
https://www.dogbreedinfo.com/akcbreeds.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 09:37 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WA family View Post
We’re researching breeders of short haired, GSDs, prefer White coloring (not long haired WS/BB) then gray sable but really will go after temperament and health for pet quality family member.

Are there any Washington short haired, White GSDs reputable breeders/kennels?

I ran across this kennel,
Heidenroslein German Shepherds LLC,
https://heidenrosleingermanshepherds.com/ from AKC marketplace.

Are there any members that have pups from Heidenroslein?

I fell in love with an awesome GSD in Cannon Beach, OR hanging out it’s owner’s gallery but breeder has since retired.
There is nothing on the website that would make me want to buy a dog from them. It's possible they are doing more than the website shows, I don't know?

I'd recommend my dog's breeder but she is on the east coast and that doesn't really help you. I don't know if AWSA might be able to recommend someone.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 09:43 AM
Crowned Member

Hello WA Family and WELCOME!

The HEIDENROSLEIN GERMAN SHEPHERDS site is very vague.
Does not show any sires or dams, does not show health testing which is VERY important when purchasing a GSD. Their site is a red flag for me.

Give this thread a several days for response. There are several on this board with White GSD's that may be able to help.

Please remember that this is a 10 year or more commitment, so don't rush into it and be opened to travel outside your area or even have a pup shipped.
We traveled 1500 miles for one of our dogs!!

Great statement from Wolfstraum (WL breeder) on this board: “Distance should NOT be the criteria by which you choose a dog - but knowledge of the dogs and what they bring to the breeding and where they are going in the future in their breeding program should be more important.”

Best of luck in your search!
Moms
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 10:31 AM
Crowned Member

This is an old thread but gives some names of White GSD breeders:
https://www.germanshepherds.com/foru...ders-us-2.html

Moms
WA family likes this.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 11:29 AM Thread Starter

@Thecowboysgirl and @Momto2GSDs - thank you both for your honest comments. This is our first breeder purchase and it’s a little intimidating considering the effort and money that will go in the puppy or dog.

The primary reason we’re considering local breeders is the physical and mental stress to the puppy when being shipped; granted I haven’t researched this yet.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 11:35 AM
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WA family View Post
@Thecowboysgirl and @Momto2GSDs - thank you both for your honest comments. This is our first breeder purchase and it’s a little intimidating considering the effort and money that will go in the puppy or dog.

The primary reason we’re considering local breeders is the physical and mental stress to the puppy when being shipped; granted I haven’t researched this yet.
Something to consider, a well bred puppy that has a genetically stable temperament and comes from a breeder that is putting a lot of effort into the health of the pup should have no issue being shipped or going on a long car ride. I recently drove from Ft. Worth, Texas, to Ottawa, Kansas, to pick up my current puppy. The drive was harder on me than the pup, he did great and assimilated into the home without issue. I know lots of breeders who ship pups regularly with zero issue.

MacKenzie - Workling Line Female (In Loving Memory)
Wolfram - West German Showline Male [SG1, CGC, DDN, CN, EN, IN, VN]
Bash - Working Line Puppy
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 12:00 PM
Crowned Member

My King Charles came from Minneapolis and flown to Airport in New Jersey in a February many years ago. The flight was cancelled once due to weather and then a few delays. She was absolutely fine and alwAys solid pup. So I would not hesitate to ship if the breeder ships as long as they come very highly recommend. I always like going to visit the breeder as exciting experience but picking her up at the airport was very exciting to and remember it to this very day and getting lost on the way home lol! Consider breeders who you cAn speak to happy owners even if they are far away.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Jenny720; 06-12-2019 at 12:02 PM.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 12:16 PM
Knighted Member

Though he has a different kind of temperament from other GSDs I've had (and have), I really like my white shepherd. I would look for a breeder who health tests their breeding stock and titles them in show and/or some kind of performance/work. Although white shepherds aren't allowed to show in the AKC, they can compete in UKC or other venues. This isn't a recommendation as I haven't met the breeders or their dogs in person, but I think this list is a good place to start.

https://www.awsaclub.com/white-sheph...8D_kLOPzhE2IVo
WA family likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page