Breeders to avoid - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 02:24 AM Thread Starter

Breeders to avoid

I was just reading my email from the US Humane Society with their list of the 100 worst dog breeders (and I use that term loosely, as these are puppy mills, not reputable breeders), and noticed a couple that specialize in GSDs. Since people often post here asking how to find a reputable breeder, or asking about people’s experiences with particular breeders, I thought some of those prospective buyers might like to know of breeders to avoid. (Plus, the cruelty these people inflict is so infuriating; they deserve to be called out.)

I don’t know if posting the names of these kennels is allowed here (I suppose someone will tell me if it isn’t), but these are people with multiple and repeat violations of humane laws, as reported by USDA inspectors, not just me complaining about a breeder I didn’t like.

Most of the kennels raise many breeds of dog, so I just highlighted a couple that specifically mentioned GSDs.

Also, this is by no means a comprehensive list of abusive breeders. Most puppy mills operate under the radar and are never inspected. These are just the ones known by the HSUS. Always do your research and only buy from breeders that show you health records and let you see where the pups are born and raised. (Rescue is, of course, different, as they can’t show you that. There are apparently some bogus rescue groups out there too, though, so I would still only adopt from an organization that lets me see their facility or foster home.)

Here’s what I copied. The complete list, if you are interested, is available at the humanesociety.org website:

***List removed by ADMIN.****
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 08:05 AM
Crowned Member

and yet some of these people are constantly recommended here. People switch their dog's ownerships to a relative and continue on with no repercussions usually - and certainly show no remorse!

Hexe Sch2, Komet & Kougar IPO1, Kira HGH, SG Bengal, Lynx v Wolfstraum ~ Ziberia IPO1 ~ ATB Basha, Kougar & Kyra, Fenja, Sch3s, Cito, Sch2, DangerRH, Csabre & Alice Sch1s ~Kelsey
wolfstraum.net
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 08:13 AM
Master Member

Didn't even know there was a ************* here in MD. And apparently they claim that they sold Presidential candidate Joe Biden his GSD.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 08:43 AM
Elite Member

Couldnt find the link on their site for the list.

"If you can't see his soul when you look in his eyes, then you need a seeing-eye dog"
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 08:55 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartandsoul View Post
Couldnt find the link on their site for the list.
https://www.humanesociety.org/sites/...le-Hundred.pdf

Jane~
Kept by
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 08:57 AM
Administrator & LOTR Addict

Why are people linking to an organization that considers ALL breeders puppy mills and wants to eliminate animals from our lives? Cutting off your nose to spite your face.
Jax08, GypsyGhost and JessicaR like this.

Lisa Clark

SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena IPO1 KKL CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) IPO2 KKL B/HOT, and gone but not forgotten,
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 09:10 AM
Elite Member

Actually I thought the thread may have crossed forum rules when I first saw it. But curiosity got me and I was interested to see it.

Thank you onyx'girl.

"If you can't see his soul when you look in his eyes, then you need a seeing-eye dog"

Last edited by Heartandsoul; 05-27-2019 at 09:19 AM.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 09:16 AM
Elite Member

Heartbreaking how many animals have to suffer so that people can make a profit!

Olivia von Jagenstadt "Nikki" 11/21/2009

Heidi Mouse 02/10/1995 - 02/21/2009
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 09:20 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhczth View Post
Why are people linking to an organization that considers ALL breeders puppy mills and wants to eliminate animals from our lives? Cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Exactly this!!! Don't promote the HSUS or PETA.
misfits and Heartandsoul like this.

post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 09:31 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc68 View Post
Didn't even know there was a ************* here in MD. And apparently they claim that they sold Presidential candidate Joe Biden his GSD.

They did. Many years ago. That's not a secret.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page