feedback on true haus and weberhaus breeders and pups please - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 111Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 91 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 11:41 AM Thread Starter

feedback on true haus and weberhaus breeders and pups please

Hi GSD friends!

I am considering getting a pup from true haus or weberhaus. Due to location, I may not be able to visit both or either in person. There aren't great working line breeders in my area

I've talked with both Cindy and Melinda and both seem really great so it is a hard choice.

I have experience with working line GSDs and looking to get a new family member. The dog will be an active family pet but we will do schutzhund and dock sports as well, just not competitively. I am NOT looking for a sport only dog. I want the dog to be well rounded and stable and healthy.

I know there are threads related to these folks but I am looking for well rounded feedback. Please feel free to PM me. I just want to make sure that I have an accurate picture of what I am getting into.

Thanks very much for your help. I appreciate you taking the time!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 91 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 07:05 PM

I have one of each. It’s like comparing apples and elephants.

Allow me to preface this by saying I am not a GSD noob; I’ve logged in 30+ years so far, always with multiple GSDs including a few former police K9s.

In retrospect, I should have made a run for it when we got to Jim and Cindy’s and met our pup’s mom.

My True Haus pup is four now; he’s had a lot of problems. He is out of Gina/Esko; that’s a good match, on paper. He *should* be a decent working dog. He’s not.

Gina is a non stop, nuisance barker, and the pup inherited that. It was a nightmare to fix.

The pup was always very difficult, absolutely no handler sensitivity or willingness. But, don’t mistake that for true hardness. It isn’t.

I used to take him for nice long walks early in the morning, but got tired of a 30 minute workout and wrestling match just getting a leash on him.

This renders him virtually untrainable without compulsion, despite plenty of good work in early puppyhood.

His food drive is zip much of the time; same with toy drive.

He was extremely destructive, actually still is, given the opportunity.

So, are you thinking that, in exchange for tolerating all of this, at least I got a good working prospect? Think again. He wanted no part of training and showed zero drive on the field. He broke my arm in two places trying to run away from our helper (one of the best helpers in the sport).

I have worked with four different trainers, IPO/K9 pros all. Pointless. Nobody has moved the needle a hair.

He doesn’t bond like a normal dog. He’s just cray. He may just as well be from a different planet.

To his credit, he is social with humans, not other dogs.

Luckily, my husband seems to have formed some kind of relationship with the guy.

Hubby is the second adult in the household that this dog sent to the ER. The pup body slammed hubs off an embankment in the yard, causing a significant knee injury.

And the cherry on top of the parfait? His hips are terrible.

I could have returned him, but to what end? Another puppy? No thanks.

As for Weberhaus—I am titling Malinda my Breeder-for-Life.

My first Weberhaus pup is two now and he is a complete joy. Super smart, nice drives, an elite athlete, easily trainable, happy, outgoing, willing, loving, affectionate, excellent house dog, super social, dog friendly, everything you could ever ask for. And handsome, too.

These kinds of dogs put the lie to the myth that good working dogs are unmanageable in the house. Nonsense. Good working dogs have “off” switches.

We have not done his hips/elbows yet. But, he is such a gazelle/mountain goat hybrid, this does not keep me up at night.

On Saturday, we’re picking up our second Weberhaus pup. She is a full sister to our beloved Raff. She was returned to Malinda for stupid reasons and we leapt at the chance to get her.

Stay tuned for the inevitable adventures of Weberhaus pup 3, 4, et al.

There is no comparison. Malinda breeds for the specific purpose of preserving old, precious foundation lines from what is now the Czech Republic (and East Germany; lots of border shifting). You could search the entire planet for another breeder who is truthfully breeding 100% Czech, top and bottom.

The breeder support is extraordinary. Malinda is always there for you. She knows her dogs. She trains, she loves to train. Good trainers are the best breeders. Malinda titles. She trains K9s.

Weberhaus dogs are outstanding. I would not hesitate to recommend this kennel to anyone. And I have, many times.

Weberhaus has a Facebook presence, there are a lot of people very, very happy with their dogs.
SentinelHarts and Roark like this.
post #3 of 91 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 08:55 PM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raff View Post

Allow me to preface this by saying I am not a GSD noob; I’ve logged in 30+ years so far, always with multiple GSDs including a few former police K9s.

In retrospect, I should have made a run for it when we got to Jim and Cindy’s and met our pup’s mom.

My True Haus pup is four now; he’s had a lot of problems. He is out of Gina/Esko; that’s a good match, on paper. He *should* be a decent working dog. He’s not.

Gina is a non stop, nuisance barker, and the pup inherited that. It was a nightmare to fix.

The pup was always very difficult, absolutely no handler sensitivity or willingness. But, don’t mistake that for true hardness. It isn’t.

I used to take him for nice long walks early in the morning, but got tired of a 30 minute workout and wrestling match just getting a leash on him.

This renders him virtually untrainable without compulsion, despite plenty of good work in early puppyhood.

So, are you thinking that, in exchange for tolerating all of this, at least I got a good working prospect? Think again. He wanted no part of training and showed zero drive on the field. He broke my arm in two places trying to run away from our helper (one of the best helpers in the sport).

I have worked with four different trainers, IPO/K9 pros all. Pointless. Nobody has moved the needle a hair.

He doesn’t bond like a normal dog. He’s just cray. He may just as well be from a different planet.

Luckily, my husband seems to have formed some kind of relationship with the guy.

Hubby is the second adult in the household that this dog sent to the ER. The pup body slammed hubs off an embankment in the yard, causing a significant knee injury.

As for Weberhaus—I am titling Malinda my Breeder-for-Life.

My first Weberhaus pup is two now and he is a complete joy. Super smart, nice drives, an elite athlete, easily trainable, happy, outgoing, willing, loving, affectionate, excellent house dog, super social, dog friendly, everything you could ever ask for. And handsome, too.

These kinds of dogs put the lie to the myth that good working dogs are unmanageable in the house. Nonsense. Good working dogs have “off” switches.

We have not done his hips/elbows yet. But, he is such a gazelle/mountain goat hybrid, this does not keep me up at night.

On Saturday, we’re picking up our second Weberhaus pup. She is a full sister to our beloved Raff. She was returned to Malinda for stupid reasons and we leapt at the chance to get her.

Stay tuned for the inevitable adventures of Weberhaus pup 3, 4, et al.

There is no comparison. Malinda breeds for the specific purpose of preserving old, precious foundation lines from what is now the Czech Republic (and East Germany; lots of border shifting). You could search the entire planet for another breeder who is truthfully breeding 100% Czech, top and bottom.

The breeder support is extraordinary. Malinda is always there for you. She knows her dogs. She trains, she loves to train. Good trainers are the best breeders. Malinda titles. She trains K9s.

Weberhaus dogs are outstanding. I would not hesitate to recommend this kennel to anyone. And I have, many times.

Weberhaus has a Facebook presence, there are a lot of people very, very happy with their dogs.
Interesting...never heard anything negative about about true haus...But I didn't dig in alot since I knew who I was going with early on in my search.

Have head excellent things about Malinda. OP, looks like you got a great answer. Good luck. Another breeder to consider is Wildhaus.
Roark likes this.

Linc Remington vom Sequoyah Haus, "Remi"- D.O.B 2/3/14

Pedigree:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by eddie1976E; 04-18-2019 at 09:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 91 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 03:20 PM

Quote:

If your dog is from the R litter then its a mix not all Czech. Malinda does have some breedings that are 100% this or that. She does mix a lot of the lines as well.
Roark likes this.

JD

Are you going to pull those pistols or whistle Dixie
post #5 of 91 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seer View Post
If your dog is from the R litter then its a mix not all Czech. Malinda does have some breedings that are 100% this or that. She does mix a lot of the lines as well.
He’s rr. Coco (Loki)/Tom. I am pretty clear on my dog’s lineage.

Have you looked at her website? Are you a breeder?

Malinda is not breeding ‘this or that’. If you read my post carefully, I said Malinda breeds Czech/DDR. If you familiarize yourself with history, it will make more sense to you.

Last edited by raff; 04-19-2019 at 08:43 PM.
post #6 of 91 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 10:14 PM

My Weberhaus pup is almost 18 months now. She is my second IPO dog, sixth GSD.

She is by far the most stable dog I have had to date.

SUPER drives for work, intense toy drive and food drive is almost as intense. Naturally engaging and like I said, super stable.

She is a tough girl with tones of sass and attitude but happy to work with me.

I could not be happier with my girl. Malinda is always engaging, knows her lines, helps with training and uber supportive.

Wildhaus is another great choice. A friend is bringing a pup home from Chris this summer.

I know three true haus dogs, all different ages and litters and I am not a fan.
raff likes this.
post #7 of 91 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 11:08 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:

Have you been in contact with other littermates owners? Was the whole litter like this? I wonder sometimes about what looks great on paper and what the dog ends up as. I will still look at a pedigree with total reliability, but do understand the parents influence is there and key to certain traits.
Seer, Sabis mom and Roark like this.

Jane~
Kept by
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart

3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
post #8 of 91 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 01:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisabeth Ann Parent View Post
My Weberhaus pup is almost 18 months now. She is my second IPO dog, sixth GSD.

She is by far the most stable dog I have had to date.

SUPER drives for work, intense toy drive and food drive is almost as intense. Naturally engaging and like I said, super stable.

She is a tough girl with tones of sass and attitude but happy to work with me.

I could not be happier with my girl. Malinda is always engaging, knows her lines, helps with training and uber supportive.

Wildhaus is another great choice. A friend is bringing a pup home from Chris this summer.

I know three true haus dogs, all different ages and litters and I am not a fan.
Hi, Thanks, this is very helpful. what did you not like about the true haus dogs? Feel free to PM me if you prefer. Thanks again
post #9 of 91 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 10:18 AM

Quote:
He’s rr. Coco (Loki)/Tom. I am pretty clear on my dog’s lineage.

Have you looked at her website? Are you a breeder?

Malinda is not breeding ‘this or that’. If you read my post carefully, I said Malinda breeds Czech/DDR. If you familiarize yourself with history, it will make more sense to you.

Im familiar with Tom, he is not 100% Czech lined, mixed working line. Mainly built on top of the DDR lines with West and Czech. Not pure Czech. Its a pedigree thing if you familiarize yourself with the pedigrees its easy to see.what the dog is. I just pointed it out as you posted twice your pup is 100% Czech, its just not. Coco has more Czech up front but also built on a DDR Chassis with west lines thru Tom z Pohranicni Straze. Nice working line breeding just not a pure Czech breeding.
misfits likes this.

JD

Are you going to pull those pistols or whistle Dixie
post #10 of 91 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyx'girl View Post
Have you been in contact with other littermates owners? Was the whole litter like this? I wonder sometimes about what looks great on paper and what the dog ends up as. I will still look at a pedigree with total reliability, but do understand the parents influence is there and key to certain traits.
No. I don’t have contact info for the other puppy buyers.

This is definitely not the first time I have been down this road. As you say; a dog can look great on paper and be a nightmare in real life.

I have found the same to be true in dating.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page