feedback on true haus and weberhaus breeders and pups please - Page 6 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 111Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 91 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado View Post
I figured it went without saying but at least with respect to my comments I can only give feedback with something I have experience with. My comments were about Weberhaus. I don't have any experience with True Haus so my lack of comments shouldn't be taken as a negative.
No of course all is good. I don't know if that was mis worded sentence by that poster but just wanted to clarify I have seen True Haus around for a super long time, so experience wise it would be in their favor.

JD

Are you going to pull those pistols or whistle Dixie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 91 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 01:20 PM
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seer View Post
No of course all is good. I don't know if that was mis worded sentence by that poster but just wanted to clarify I have seen True Haus around for a super long time, so experience wise it would be in their favor.
Just to make sure there is no misunderstanding, Weberhaus has been around for a long time, as well. Lots of experience there, lots of history of breeding highly successful sport and working dogs. Malinda is widely regarded as a top-tier working line breeder with a ton of experience and success under her belt.

Not saying this to discount True Haus, just saying both kennels have been around for a while and you're not losing out on experience by going with Weberhaus. Malinda is one of the most experienced breeders I have ever spoken with.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

MacKenzie - Workling Line Female (In Loving Memory)
Wolfram - West German Showline Male [SG1, CGC, DDN, CN, EN, IN, VN]
Bash - Working Line Puppy
post #53 of 91 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seer View Post
It awesome your supporting your breeder and are super pleased. All good stuff. But this statement above appears to be silly. It seems to me True Haus has been around for much longer then Malindas program.
Sure, I will admit that I know very little about True Haus and perhaps they have been around longer.

They may have more experience and it is not my intention to take anything away from them as a breeder or some of the great dogs they've produced in the past.

My intention is to provide my experience and a reason for why I give my full support.
I did this in order to answer the question of the OP and provide additional information that I have yet to read in all of my extensive research I had done prior to selecting Weberhaus.

So based on this thread alone and the experience of the individuals who have contributed: the breeder with the most expertise at this moment is Weberhaus.

Thanks for helping me to clarify that word.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 91 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 03:47 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raff View Post
This is exactly right.

This is why so many veterinarians tell GSD owners to keep their dogs from running around for at least two hours before and two hours after a meal. Four would be better, but, just not realistic for most people.

Genetics sets the parameters. Environment determines what happens within those limits.
Thank You!
CometDog and raff like this.
post #55 of 91 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 03:51 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsoclonus View Post
Sure, I will admit that I know very little about True Haus and perhaps they have been around longer.

They may have more experience and it is not my intention to take anything away from them as a breeder or some of the great dogs they've produced in the past.

My intention is to provide my experience and a reason for why I give my full support.
I did this in order to answer the question of the OP and provide additional information that I have yet to read in all of my extensive research I had done prior to selecting Weberhaus.

So based on this thread alone and the experience of the individuals who have contributed: the breeder with the most expertise at this moment is Weberhaus.

Thanks for helping me to clarify that word.
Really? I have been around both for a long time AND know the genetics of both kennels as I have bred the lines from both kennels. They both are excellent in my opinion.
Seer likes this.
post #56 of 91 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 05:05 PM

Im glad I came across this thread Wowza True Haus. I have not run threw their website in a while.

What a great acquire!

JD

post #57 of 91 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisabeth Ann Parent View Post
My Weberhaus pup is almost 18 months now. She is my second IPO dog, sixth GSD.

She is by far the most stable dog I have had to date.

SUPER drives for work, intense toy drive and food drive is almost as intense. Naturally engaging and like I said, super stable.

She is a tough girl with tones of sass and attitude but happy to work with me.

I could not be happier with my girl. Malinda is always engaging, knows her lines, helps with training and uber supportive.

Wildhaus is another great choice. A friend is bringing a pup home from Chris this summer.

I know three true haus dogs, all different ages and litters and I am not a fan.
My experience is based on only 3 dogs... I have also heard good and bad but I am sure you can find that with any kennel.

They have lines I like but ultimately for myself decided on Malinda based on word of mouth references.
raff likes this.
post #58 of 91 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffson1 View Post
Really? I have been around both for a long time AND know the genetics of both kennels as I have bred the lines from both kennels. They both are excellent in my opinion.
Yes, really.

Let us not quarrel over superior genetics when it is of no value to this debate.

When comparing two elite programs I presume that genetics (amongst other factors) would be of an established quality in both the breeders.
As you have pointed out this is indeed a fact.

Having bred both lines yourself, you must understand that there is a complexity into calling oneself a breeder that goes beyond genetics.

This is where I believe her expertise is evident ; Malinda expertly is able to select the right dog for you.

This is evident by the majority of the ~55 posts here exclaiming just that very fact and 0 to the contrary. To this fact I am sure we must agree.
raff likes this.
post #59 of 91 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 09:21 PM

Someone roll the twilight theme song.... The club is going argue that cliffson is quarreling over genetics.... Good Grief he stated he found the genetics for for both kennels excellent. Not a real quarreling type of narrative.

Granted he is a cheater, forgetting more about which lines would most likely produce excellent working traits then any pet or weekend warrior would learn in a life time.

So technically if he got a crap dog, I would put that on him, lol.
onyx'girl, Jax08, misfits and 1 others like this.

JD

Last edited by Seer; 04-23-2019 at 09:26 PM.
post #60 of 91 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 10:25 PM
Crowned Member

Well this is heavily one sided. I'm never on here anymore and this pops up.

untitled-1_1_orig by Jeremy Friedman, on Flickr
Jax08, Seer and tim_s_adams like this.

T17 Working Dogs-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page