Looking for black female GSD puppy from a reputable breeder - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By huntergreen

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

Looking for black female GSD puppy from a reputable breeder

Hello Folks,

I'm looking for a female black GSD puppy to join our family. I live in Portland Oregon with my husband and two children ages 9 & 10. We are looking for a family dog that we can share our active lifestyle with. Mountain biking, hiking, running and boating are all things we like to do as a family. (When age appropriate for the pup of course )

I am personally interested in a dog that I can work with for truffle hunting and other types of scent work. As a newbie, it has been challenging finding a breeder that has the kind of pup we are looking for. Could anyone recommend a breeder that is reputable and might have a black female pup? Huge thanks in advance for any guidance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 03:02 AM
Crowned Member

You could try hollow hills kennel in PA. Beth has a beautiful black male she breeds in her program.
CometDog likes this.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 03:11 AM

Have you tried to search

Hi, I have come across this website Koaas.com classifieds has the range of puppies available.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 10:02 AM
Crowned Member

Looking for black female GSD puppy from a reputable breeder

I had to look up truffle hunting which is seems very interesting. All the things you describe is what german shepherds excel in. My asl most favorite thing to do is scent work - some of the breeders pups went off to be cadaver dogs- which always impresses me. She does not have any black dogs though. Huntergreen mentioned a breeder that has a black wgsl which are not very common in wgsls. Beth at Hollow Hills. I have heard of the Black wgsl male she brought in he looks gorgeous. I purchased my female-Luna - from Beth we do scent work game for fun and she always impresses. Trailed my daughter from parking lot to the exact same door she entered to the school hours later in extreme traffic - with hardly any training. Luna alway made me look like I knew what I was doing from the very beginning, naturally obedient, very biddable just an all around easy girl even on her worst day. Very happy with my girl and she loves water she will swim just to swim which I think is quite cool! Luna watching over her flock

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Jenny720; 04-07-2019 at 10:22 AM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 10:35 AM

Lots of reputable breeders in your area. Try Van den Heuvel K9 or Schraderhaus!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page