ISO: Show-Line GSD breeder near San Antonio, TX - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

ISO: Show-Line GSD breeder near San Antonio, TX

Hi all,

Looking for a mid-low drive (active family dog, not working) puppy later this year from a reliable breeder who checks hips, etc. and whose dogs have more of a straight than sloped back. "Average" coat (as in, not long). Willing to drive and spend $ for right breeder.

This won't be my first dog, but it will be my first GSD, and only dog.

Any recommendations would be wonderful!

Thank you,
Leigh

Last edited by Leigh Fields; 03-31-2019 at 07:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 08:13 PM Thread Starter

Crap - I meant to say SHOW line, not working! Can't figure out how to edit it.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 08:53 PM
Crowned Member

Looks like there are a couple of clubs in your area. Contact them and go watch the dogs.

https://www.germanshepherddog.com/re...19&cm=04&re=sc
Sabis mom likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 09:44 PM

American or German show line?

~ Diane ~

CARLY ......... Ch. Lauremi's No Reservations (AKC GCh pointed, HIC)
SCARLET ..... Lauremi's Almost Wasn't (AKC pointed)
and absent friends... SAGE ~ Lauremi's Whim Z v Jakmar ~ AKC major ptd, HIC ~ 2010-2015
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 12:56 AM

Hi and welcome from a fellow San Antonioian.

I just got my pup from Nobleheim German Shepherds. She breeds West German Show Lines. It's a bit of a hike (far north Texas, near the OK border) but I found it to be very worth it. She's got several puppies available of varying ages and will know if she has any that meet your requirements regarding drive, etc. Most of her litters are stock coat. I've met her dogs, and they're all gorgeous, friendly animals.
Attached Images

-- Judy

Yazzy the feisty GSD ~ Jan 6th, 2019

Waiting in Heaven:
Mira the goofy Doberman ~ Dec 1st, 2007 - June 2nd, 2018
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 07:10 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax08 View Post
Looks like there are a couple of clubs in your area. Contact them and go watch the dogs.

https://www.germanshepherddog.com/re...19&cm=04&re=sc
Oooh, awesome idea! Thanks for info and link!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 07:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogfaeries View Post
American or German show line?
Good question... *goes off to research*
dogfaeries likes this.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 07:28 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy Untamed View Post
Hi and welcome from a fellow San Antonioian.

I just got my pup from Nobleheim German Shepherds. She breeds West German Show Lines. It's a bit of a hike (far north Texas, near the OK border) but I found it to be very worth it. She's got several puppies available of varying ages and will know if she has any that meet your requirements regarding drive, etc. Most of her litters are stock coat. I've met her dogs, and they're all gorgeous, friendly animals.
Oh, hello! Happy to find a San Antonian! I am actually currently located in Georgia, but moving to San Antonio at the end of May after I graduate. I'll be living across the street from USAA on Fredericksburg. Any suggestions for hiking and other dog friendly activities? Is SA a generally dog-friendly place?

What an absolutely gorgeous puppy, congratulations and thank you for the suggestion! I will definitely take a look at Nobleheim. How old is your pup now? Is he/she your first? How goes the puppy stage? Also, any suggestions in the area for hiking and other dog friendly activities?
Judy Untamed likes this.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 12:13 PM

Got my GSD from Vonderotto in Rockwall TX, they breed German show lines, and their breeding dogs come from Germany, where they are titled. Mine is an import (with a Deutschland passport), that they got as a pup; now 15 month old, could not be happier the way he has turned out. Best of luck!
Attached Images

Spetzio likes this.

Last edited by Soldes; 04-01-2019 at 12:15 PM.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigh Fields View Post
Oh, hello! Happy to find a San Antonian! I am actually currently located in Georgia, but moving to San Antonio at the end of May after I graduate. I'll be living across the street from USAA on Fredericksburg. Any suggestions for hiking and other dog friendly activities? Is SA a generally dog-friendly place?

What an absolutely gorgeous puppy, congratulations and thank you for the suggestion! I will definitely take a look at Nobleheim. How old is your pup now? Is he/she your first? How goes the puppy stage? Also, any suggestions in the area for hiking and other dog friendly activities?
My pup is 12 weeks old. I've only had her for two weeks. I had a Doberman for ten years that I raised from a pup, so Yazzy is my 2nd dog and my first GSD. She's super-sweet when she's tired and sleepy...complete crocodile on crack the rest of the time! A bit exhausting, but easy to love.

San Antonio is pretty dog friendly, so far as I can tell. Being an Air Force spouse, we lived here off-and-on over the last ten years I had my dobie, but we didn't get out so much. I'm now on the hunt for fun places to take the pup once she's full vaccinated. One nice park I've found that welcomes leashed dogs is Comanche Lookout Park on Nacogdoches Rd. It's not all that close to USAA, but might be worth the drive. A nice variety of trail types, easy to advanced, elevation changes, great views, and lovely woods to walk through...it's a little pocket of paradise in the middle of the city.
Sabis mom likes this.

-- Judy

Yazzy the feisty GSD ~ Jan 6th, 2019

Waiting in Heaven:
Mira the goofy Doberman ~ Dec 1st, 2007 - June 2nd, 2018
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in