ASL GSD Breeder? - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 10:55 AM Thread Starter

Thanks! I have heard of Woodside, and have been looking at them so far. I do show my other dogs and have come across some woodside in the rings. Still on the fence with them and still hoping for some ASL breeders to hear people's experience. I was hoping there'd be a few more well known breeders that are above the 40th parallel (Doesn't even have to be above the 49th!) lol! WA, OR, ID, MT, even N/SD lol. I will ship if I have to, if there are first hand experiences with a specific kennel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 11:07 AM
Crowned Member

Hope you get more info - you have very beautiful dogs!
Kellnhaus likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 11:23 AM
Administrator

I've watched this dog in person and liked him. I saw him run in herding and agility, not the conformation ring, but he has had plenty of show success as well.

Woodsides Once Upon A Time

I think he's in California, but I might be wrong. He has some young progeny out there, probably safe to assume he will be used again in the future.
Kellnhaus likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 12:48 PM
Crowned Member

Very nice!

Last edited by Jenny720; 01-16-2019 at 12:53 PM.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellnhaus View Post
Thanks! I have heard of Woodside, and have been looking at them so far. I do show my other dogs and have come across some woodside in the rings. Still on the fence with them and still hoping for some ASL breeders to hear people's experience. I was hoping there'd be a few more well known breeders that are above the 40th parallel (Doesn't even have to be above the 49th!) lol! WA, OR, ID, MT, even N/SD lol. I will ship if I have to, if there are first hand experiences with a specific kennel.
From what I've seen personally when I was looking you won't find too much in MT or the Dakotas. I've seen a few decent working line breeders but for the most part I just see some nonreputable WGSL mixes or just not reputable byb type lines in general. There are probably some hiding around so I'd definitely be interested if you find some good ones in those areas as well. Good luck and be very wary in MT. Lots of hip dysplasia and mega e is popping up around. As well as dog aggression mostly SSA. One breeder looks decent but have had to rehome several of their females due to SSA or buyers of their puppies have.
Kellnhaus likes this.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 03:31 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Kazel! I will let you know if I hear of any!
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 01:46 PM

Any update on which breeder you chose?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page