Looking for Reputable Working Lines Breeder or Rescue in Minnesota - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 11:13 AM Thread Starter
Master Member

Looking for Reputable Working Lines Breeder or Rescue in Minnesota

Looking for a (healthy) Male German Shepherd pup or adult rescue with working lines background in Minnesota; has to be able to get along with my "assertive" 6 year old Female. Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks!
Ingrid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 11:58 AM
Master Member

You can Google for breeder's/rescue groups in your area or ask your vet and/or humane society. You can also go to www.germanshepherddog.com and look for breeders in or around your area as well. Forgot to add that you can also go on www.petfinder.com to look for rescues in your area too!!!

Kelly S
Boeselager German Shepherds

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by boeselager; 11-06-2010 at 12:06 PM.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 12:19 PM
Crowned Member

There are no reputable workingline breeders in MN and no GSD rescues either. The closest good breeders are down around Chicago and you can find GSDs on petfinder.com that are in the other all-breed rescues that are around.

Elaine and the herd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 05:45 PM
Rei
Elite Member

Actually, I can think of one breeder who works and breeds the working lines (along with show lines). von Noble Haus German Shepherds in Foreston, Minnesota. I don't know anything about them or their dogs, just letting you know there is someone in MN.

German Shepherd Breeder/Breeders, German Shepherds, Dogs, German Shepherd Puppies for Sale in Minnesota

I think a member of this board in MN is in the same Schutzhund club as a von Noble-Haus German Shepherd. Can't be sure.

However, Elaine, if you have personal experience with this breeder, could you send me a PM and let me know if they are breeders you'd avoid?

- Grace

"Trash" Bite Risk vom Feuergarten BH HCT-s CGCA TKN (GSD)
"Siege" Zala IPO1 (Malinois)

"Trent" (GSD) 2009- 2019; The beginning of everything
"Legion" (Malinois) 2010 - 2018; My brightest star
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 05:48 PM
Crowned Member

There are some workingline breeders here in MN, but if you want a good reputable breeder, you have to go to Chicago.

Elaine and the herd
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 05:51 PM
Rei
Elite Member

Oh, I agree, there are more breeders to my liking in Illinois in general, but I was just wondering if you had a specific reason to dislike this breeder enough to label the kennel "not reputable".

- Grace

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 05:59 PM
Crowned Member

I personally know two people with dogs from them and after seeing the problems they are having with their dogs, I would highly recommend going to Chicago and so would these two people. I do not believe they do any titling of their own and they are currently not breeding per their website.

I am not going to say I dislike them, I just wouldn't get a puppy from them as there are much better breeders out there.

Elaine and the herd

Last edited by Elaine; 11-06-2010 at 06:01 PM.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 07:18 PM
Rei
Elite Member

Thanks, Elaine. Good to know.

- Grace

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 02:07 PM
The Italian One

Rei - I also know people who have/have had and work(ed) and train(ed) von Noble Haus GSDs. I believe there are (or have been) dogs from this kennel in 2 of the 3 Schutzhund clubs up here in MN.

If you look at her website, you will see that she currently isn't breeding any dogs "because of the tough economy". See the puppy page.

Honestly, I'd agree with Elaine. If someone is looking for a good working line dog, look in another state than MN (doesn't have to be IL just some place other than here). I have been given a few recommendations for WL breeders here in MN but when I checked into them I found them to be breeders that I wouldn’t touch due to various reasons.

I honestly wish there were someone, but at this time - nothing I'd feel comfortable recommending to anyone.

Also, there use to be a GSD rescue but not any longer. There are however some very nice GSDs in rescue so do check petfinder if you want to rescue a GSD.

Home of Sundance, Butch & Wyatt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 05:43 PM
Rei
Elite Member

Got it - thanks for letting me know. I will definitely keep that in mind now.

I just heard MN and immediately remembered a SchH club with a Noble Haus GSD. Didn't think to check the website thoroughly, or ask around. Now I know!

- Grace

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page