German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (https://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Chat Room (https://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/)
-   -   Just for fun. Odd GSD habits? (https://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/chat-room/758141-just-fun-odd-gsd-habits.html)

Jchrest 10-07-2019 03:48 PM

Just for fun. Odd GSD habits?

So I know all dogs have at least one odd ball quirk. I’ll share mine, and would love to hear yours!

Lyka is incredibly modest. She will not go to the bathroom if she is being watched. She also lays right by the bathroom door, but if I’ve just taken a shower and come out in my birthday suit, she will quickly turn away, like she is shocked my human nudity. Little weirdo.

Crios does this horse head bobbing every time you give him the sit command. He has to bob his head back 3 times before he sits.

Floki will play and game with the dogs, including tug, but as soon as we touch something he has, he immediately outs it.

Seiran, well, she must have super powers to go through all she’s been through and still alive, and happy go lucky most days.

Koda'sMom 10-07-2019 03:53 PM

When Koda is walking next to me and she gets excited she turns her head and tags me with her nose. It’s not bad except if you’re wearing shorts and she slimes your leg lol

Sunsilver 10-07-2019 04:33 PM

Eska has decided it's fun to catch crickets in my backyard. The funny thing is she wags her tail when she sees one, as if she's greeting another dog!

I guess she recognizes they are living creatures. That doesn't stop her from eating them though! >:)

dogma13 10-07-2019 04:40 PM

Hmm,let's see.Samson always carries his ball outside,lays it down then rolls on it before we start playing.
Misty at meal times will always go through a routine:Sniff food suspiciously,take out one kibble to place on the floor to sniff suspiciously,eat after she's sure she's not being poisoned:)

GSDchoice 10-07-2019 04:45 PM

Funny!
Maybe Eska wags her tail because she's thinking, "Snack!"
Koda is so cute! When Rumo wanted me to walk him and not my husband, he would tag me with his nose too.
That's funny about Lyka...my dog is a total Peeping Tom, you see his nose poking around the bathroom door...

Hmm, I guess one of Rumo's weird quirks is, he will not not lie in his bed unless I shake out his sheet and brush off any leaves, crumbs, etc. And after I launder his sheet, he is especially content and spends extra hours lying on the bed. He also doesn't like it to be rumpled or folded...
@Jchrest is that like your DH, LOL

Erros 10-07-2019 05:32 PM

Dio likes to do what I call "decompressing".

Whenever he lays down to relax, he lets out the biggest groan. It always startles anyone who hasn't heard it before. I guess being a puppy is hard work :)

Jchrest 10-07-2019 06:54 PM

Exactly like my DH! He’s woken me before because there was a wrinkle in the sheet, and he couldn’t sleep that way. And I’m a really not so much fun to wake up kinda person. We don’t have to worry about it for now, still in different rooms, but if he comes in to cuddle before heading upstairs, he freaks and wants to “fix” my sheet. Nope, I like it just the way it is! Lol

Oh, Lyka has a certain way of waking me if she needs to go out. I sleep with my feet uncovered and hanging of the bed, so she will give my foot one lick, and then one whine. Cutest thing ever.

Jchrest 10-07-2019 06:55 PM

129 Attachment(s)
Dogma, that’s funny. It’s like scenting his own ball so everyone knows it’s his.

And I agree, the tail wagging is probably like “look, my favorite treat!” Lol

Jenny720 10-07-2019 07:34 PM

Luna loves to bring all her toys outside she like a mess. If he drops a ball near pee spots or poop spots he will be grossed out by it. That’s one thing he probably has quite a few.

germanshepowner 10-07-2019 10:18 PM

39 Attachment(s)
Hahah!!! All of these responses are cracking me up. My pampered GSD acts like she has the toughest life in the world when she’s tired. She groans louder than an 70 year old man who just retired after working for 30 years mining coal. It’s so loud that people can hear it over the phone. Sigh.

She also treats her toys like babies and will routinely put them on you to cuddle with. Apparently the toys need cuddles.