This week has been so demoralizing - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 01:35 PM Thread Starter

This week has been so demoralizing

We’ve been in the process of house hunting and finally found something so we are moving this Friday. It’s been so so expensive but our current apartment was so loud and full of parties and we hated it. My dog has been recovering from her spaying and it’s been a long long haul. She got an infection so now we can’t get her staples out for even longer. And among many other things, last night, my iPhone dropped and the back shattered.

I’ve been trying to stay positive but it’s so hard today when everything is so overwhelming. Thank goodness some time off is coming up soon with the holidays!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 02:28 PM
Knighted Member

That does sound like a frustrating week. Sending you positive thoughts. I have a feeling that once you're all settled, you will be much happier out of that noisy apartment and into your new location. Good luck.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 02:59 PM
Administrator

Hang in there..... moving is terrible, but in the end it'll be worth it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 03:26 PM
Crowned Member

It'll pass... Smart decision to move.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 03:32 PM Thread Starter

Thank you all! I really appreciate the support. You’re all right! I just have to make it to Thursday when my dog gets out her staples. I feel awful while she’s on low activity and she clearly wants to go out.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 04:44 PM
Crowned Member

Look toward the move to a house and how much more relaxed you will be there.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 07:16 PM
Elite Member

Moving is one of life's most stressful events. Take a time out, go eat some icecream or chocolate.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 11:13 PM

Having moved many times I can tell you it always gets better. And if you haven't broke anything, you haven't moved. It's supposed to be good luck. (so 'they' tell me)

Just make your girl comfy and she'll be fine. You take it easy, too. Not everything will fit in the new place, so don't try. What was great in one room will not fit in the new one. So relax and be flexible. Find a corner and make a special space for you and your girl.

Best wishes in the new place.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 11:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvShepherds View Post
Look toward the move to a house and how much more relaxed you will be there.
My dog will be as well! Much more space! Her first big move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkirk View Post
Moving is one of life's most stressful events. Take a time out, go eat some icecream or chocolate.
😭 chocolate is SO needed but I’m sick and can’t taste anything! Of course life happens like that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckelke View Post
Having moved many times I can tell you it always gets better. And if you haven't broke anything, you haven't moved. It's supposed to be good luck. (so 'they' tell me)

Just make your girl comfy and she'll be fine. You take it easy, too. Not everything will fit in the new place, so don't try. What was great in one room will not fit in the new one. So relax and be flexible. Find a corner and make a special space for you and your girl.

Best wishes in the new place.
Thank you ❤️ She will be so much happier in this place anyway! She’ll have an incredible hill to herself. Things are looking up if we can just make it to Thursday!

Thank you everyone! I feel so much better
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 11:52 PM
Banned

Misery loves company, right? Or all trouble comes in 3’s. I spent 15yrs renting, and moving nearly every year. It sucks, there is no way around that. It’s stressful, stuff goes missing or broken, but you know what? I couldn’t even tell you now what I’ve lost or broken, so it obviously wasn’t as important as I thought it was in the moment. Give yourself time to breathe. Literally. When you start to get overwhelmed, sit in as quiet a space as you can find, and take deep breaths in and out until you find your calm again. Something that simple really does help. Or just envision all the awesome things that come after the move is finished! I went from an apt to a home last year, and I can’t imagine ever putting myself back into that situation again. Hang in there, there’s always a silver lining!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page