• 1 Post By readaboutdogs
  • 5 Post By mycobraracr
  • 1 Post By tim_s_adams
  • 1 Post By Shane'sDad

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 12:53 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Honoring Bubba Dog

I haven't talked about him much, or maybe even at all on here. I have a dog named Bubba. About a year ago I was hired by the local humane society to work with his aggression. He was adopted out a few times and always got returned for biting people. During my board and train with him, my wife and I fell in love with him. So long story short, we adopted him. Well, last night was the humane societies, fund raise gala, and they asked if my wife, Bubba and I would be their guests of honor. It was a really neat event. During the event, they played a video about Bubba's life, and then had Bubba and I on stage for about ten minutes. I was so proud of Bubba! This was a large banquet room, that was at capacity with people. Every seat was filled. It was loud, chaotic, and Bubba took it like a champ! He was a little nervous at first, but just looked to me for direction. I played with him a bit and got him to loosen up. I'm so unbelievably proud of my boy. Oh, and we wore matching bow ties

T17 Working Dogs-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 04:12 PM
Master Member

I just got my wife to sit down and watch Bubba's video...once again not a dry eye in my house...in a dog world that day to day has far too many sad stories... Bubba's is awesome.....
mycobraracr and Sabis mom like this.

Be kind to your dog..he's only a few years of your life
but you.. are ALL of his life
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 05:56 PM
Elite Member

That is great!!! He really did have a "can you believe this, I knew it" look on his face in the goin home video! Congrats to all 3 of you! You'll have to post a bow tie pic!
mycobraracr likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 10:38 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

I'm still waiting to see the pictures from the pro photographer, but these are a couple that Kiersten took on her phone. Not the best I'm sorry.

70556926_10217997458400688_5645366272980942848_n by Jeremy Friedman, on Flickr

70501989_10217997458280685_6539920330520002560_n by Jeremy Friedman, on Flickr

T17 Working Dogs-

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 01:00 AM
Knighted Member

Good on ya for taking him in for sure! But I'm even more impressed with the Humane Society putting on this tribute...great, caring folks there!
mycobraracr likes this.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. Mark Twain

Tim
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 01:22 AM
Banned

Truly amazing video. Thanks for giving Bubba a new lease on life!!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 01:49 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Thanks everyone! We love our Bubba dog. Kimber is my teammate, my partner. My relationship with Bubba is very different. He looks at me different. He needs a gentler hand, and just needs me to be his source of confidence. He looks at me like true adoration. It's hard to describe.

I think the Humane Society kept him so long, because they saw glimpses of what I see in him. He is a good dog. Not perfect and needs some management when in public. In the house he's an angel! When we fostered him, I told them he'd never step foot in a shelter again. So they sent the paperwork over and we adopted him. I said if I found the right home, I'd place him, but on my contracts so I know I'd get him back. I had some interest, a few people/families want him. I just didn't feel any of them would be a good fit. At this point he's with us to stay. He gets along with our other dogs, and he really is an easy keeper. Doesn't require a ton of work. As long as he's got a couch he's happy haha.

T17 Working Dogs-

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 05:16 AM
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycobraracr View Post
Thanks everyone! We love our Bubba dog. Kimber is my teammate, my partner. My relationship with Bubba is very different. He looks at me different. He needs a gentler hand, and just needs me to be his source of confidence. He looks at me like true adoration. It's hard to describe.

I think the Humane Society kept him so long, because they saw glimpses of what I see in him. He is a good dog. Not perfect and needs some management when in public. In the house he's an angel! When we fostered him, I told them he'd never step foot in a shelter again. So they sent the paperwork over and we adopted him. I said if I found the right home, I'd place him, but on my contracts so I know I'd get him back. I had some interest, a few people/families want him. I just didn't feel any of them would be a good fit. At this point he's with us to stay. He gets along with our other dogs, and he really is an easy keeper. Doesn't require a ton of work. As long as he's got a couch he's happy haha.

I suspect because of the crappy situations Bubba had been in...he knows a "good place" when he's in one and so he "adores" you....I've said over and over again that many of the dogs seen as bad--the worst--impossible to fix and sometimes close to euthanasia.....can be the absolute BEST dogs....Bubba hadn't failed---:the rest of the world had failed him....and then you came along....:I get that you started this thread to honor Bubba and you did....but in his eye's it's really all about you...
Sabis mom likes this.

Be kind to your dog..he's only a few years of your life
but you.. are ALL of his life
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page