Goals for today - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 09:06 AM Thread Starter
Master Member

Goals for today

DH goes back to work today. Floki has a vet appt at 10:40, so the goal is to get him in and out without assistance. Obviously I will stop if I feel any pain or stress on my neck, but I’m excited to try! Get some of my independence back! Picking up 3 poop samples was not fun though! I always manage to get some on my hands 🤬.

The fence “we” built is a god send. No more wet dogs! Except Seiran playing in the water trough. Little monster. I’m sure she’s part otter or beaver, I’ve never had such a water driven dog! Still haven’t figured out what color to paint it. Have I ever mentioned that half our walls are halfway painted? Lol. We bought all sample sizes of the colors we thought we would like, tried them, and painted half a wall with the sample color, and never went back and got the rest of the paint. The girls room is the only room finished. So the fence could very well stay bare wood for years 😂.

If anyone remembers me saying I lost my mind at work and was terminated? Found out yesterday all the employees staged a walk out. Just all got up at the same time and quit, and walked out. Why couldn’t they have done that while I was still there? I would have paid good money for that! Lol

Anyway, that’s my goal for today. What is everyone else doing goal wise?
Chuck94! likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 09:32 AM
Crowned Member

Yeah be careful of any pulling that can do damage. You can always have the vet help you get the dog in to the office and out. Otherwise moving is great I had back surgery and my ex had a spinal fusion. Moving is the best thing! Taking my kids to my friends to do a emergency nail trim on a guinea pig she swooped up at the dollar store. Somone left it their cage and all the little guy is very lucky she came around. Dropping my son off at bide a wee animal shelter they volunteer. Going to the horse barn with my daughter. We lease a horse and has a swollen Pastern from the heat so she riding every day to bring that down. The kids are getting their schools schedules today so it may mean a trip to the school to search for their classes the school is the size of small town- hopefully we won’t be doing this today. My daughters last year she will be a senior and looked at a few colleges this summer - it will be a big year. The goal for me is to find time to do the dogs nails and really clean this house. It has been a busy weekend and gsd hair are becoming tumble weeds finding corners to hide in. Hoping to go for a summer nights walk if the energy is their with the hounds.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 09:47 AM Thread Starter
Master Member

Floki is actually a dream. Walks with zero tugging and pulling. I swear, if I hadn’t seen the footage of where he came from, I would think he was with a reputable breeder. Who knows, they could have breed the mals and other breeds with great lines, or I just lucked out and struck gold with this one!

It will be my first time driving, so that’s a little scary, but I’m trying to stay positive and think good thoughts!

Can you come to my place when you’re done with yours? It’s starting to look like we have carpet made of dog hair instead of tile! Lol. It was my daughters 10th bday yesterday, and we had her party at one of those indoor trampoline parks. It was so fun to watch! But it pushed house work back a few day, between the party and the fence building.

Cherish this year! Even the things we dread as parents. Both my boys are in college now, and I wish I could get even one more day with each of them. We normally always do thanksgiving together, but this is the first year they will miss because of work and scholarship duties. It’s going to be a hard day for me this thanksgiving.

I still have the two young girls, and I swear, I’m going to go to sleep one day, and wake up the next to them graduating and moving on to college.

Inserting a text between my youngest (19yrs) son and me about dogs. He’s hilarious.

Mods, I do have his permission, but if you need to delete, I understand.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B20C7F8A-0E4F-4BEE-A41F-0449ED54C964_1566827123757.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	8.6 KB
ID:	524695   Click image for larger version

Name:	06E8996F-85B5-46B6-858E-652A9BE10906_1566827214991.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	524697  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 10:07 AM
Crowned Member

Floki sounds like a gentleman. Yeah the whole college transition will be rough. It does fly by to fast just to fast. I am glad my daughter is staying local but a few with a big commute so driving worries. The holidays well you have been through all the firsts already and this is not the last so you will have have thanksgiving in the summer lol! Driving yeah it’s always good to have a certain amount of space. My daughter took drivers Ed this summer that was a big bulk of time last few weeks was not local. I always expected and knew I would be nerve wracked once the driving started. I did not know how much it would in the learning process - just being in the car lol! I hold on to the door handle and try no to do this lol! I just go one with endless chatter or listen to it relaxes me lol!

Last edited by Jenny720; 08-26-2019 at 10:12 AM.
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Houston, we have takeoff! It was more smooth than freshly churned butter. Floki really is a great dog. He got his final booster, full bill of health, and is up to 51lbs now.

Odd thing that I didn’t know, apparently males can still mate and impregnate for up to 6 months after being neutered??? So it will be full on crate and rotate once Seiran goes through her first cycle. I setup an appt to have Crios neutered at the end of September, so we will just have the one cycle of crate and rotate thank goodness!

Driving was way easier than I thought it would be. I’m certainly not mad at the price tag of my car now! It basically does everything for me.

My lawyer called and said that since my response has been sent the the plaintiffs attorney, to expect to be under video and camera surveillance up until the trial date in November. I just had to laugh. Um, good luck getting anything, I never leave my house 😂😂😂. So DH will be taking the dogs to the vet for now on, I don’t need a video of me with a walker and handfuls of dog leashes attached to 4 large breed animals getting out! Lol And honestly, it’s the one thing that’s been getting me out of the house. Now I can be the hermit I’ve always dreamed of becoming!
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 02:50 PM
Crowned Member

???So you are keeping all the dogs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jchrest View Post

Floki is going to a new home tomorrow.
Crios is also going to a new home tomorrow.
I am still looking for a new home for Seiran, but she will be rehomed once I find one for her.
Lyka will remain with me.
Quote:
Odd thing that I didn’t know, apparently males can still mate and impregnate for up to 6 months after being neutered??? So it will be full on crate and rotate once Seiran goes through her first cycle. I setup an appt to have Crios neutered at the end of September, so we will just have the one cycle of crate and rotate thank goodness!

post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 03:31 PM

That doesn't make sense. Sperm are produced in the testicles, which were removed. Sperm can only live in the tubes that connect the testicle to the penis for at most 30 days.

6 months is just plain inaccurate.

But being neutered won't remove all the nuisance behaviors of the boys around a girl in heat. Up to an including full tie. That will be a fun time!
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax08 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jchrest View Post

Floki is going to a new home tomorrow.
Crios is also going to a new home tomorrow.
I am still looking for a new home for Seiran, but she will be rehomed once I find one for her.
Lyka will remain with me.
Quote:
Yes, all dogs are being kept. Crios is with a foster family at the moment, and for the next few weeks, just to let the house settle. His energy was just too much for me to deal with in my current state. All the little critters (snakes and lizards) were safely dropped off at their new homes in classrooms, so that’s 4 less animals I need to worry about.
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 03:44 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saco View Post
That doesn't make sense. Sperm are produced in the testicles, which were removed. Sperm can only live in the tubes that connect the testicle to the penis for at most 30 days.

6 months is just plain inaccurate.

But being neutered won't remove all the nuisance behaviors of the boys around a girl in heat. Up to an including full tie. That will be a fun time!
Sorry Saco, I meant 6 weeks, not 6 months. I assumed once the surgery was done, we would be in the clear, but there is still time for Seiran to go into her first cycle. I don’t mind the mating so much as an accidental litter. That is what I want to avoid 100%, so we will crate and rotate Seiran during her first cycle.
Saco likes this.
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax08 View Post
I don't get it.
Friday you quit the forum, and were rehoming the dogs except Lyca and Seiran on Monday.

Sunday you came back, and Monday--no one's going anywhere. So, did everything magically fix itself on Saturday during fence building? That must have been some fence, and some awesome weekend!

I do understand how pain and craziness in a home can affect everything, and yes, things can change rapidly. Personally I'd think more than twice before you foster another dog. Things are just way too mercurial in your household.

Last edited by cvamoca; 08-26-2019 at 04:02 PM. Reason: spaces be damned
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page