Goals for today - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 04:00 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saco View Post

But being neutered won't remove all the nuisance behaviors of the boys around a girl in heat. Up to an including full tie. That will be a fun time!
oh the SCREAMING. Faren was behind a closed door, securely locked in a crate. Seger SCREAMED and had to be dragged from the door. "nuisance" is one way to describe it. That started weeks before she even started her heat.
Aly, car2ner, LRP and 1 others like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 04:34 PM

I have about 5 days of whining, pacing, drooling, pacing, off food. It's right around standing heat so I guess my guys are pretty good really.

Honestly, it is so unhealthy for my old guy, I'm probably going to board him or send him to friends next time. I am worried about his health.
post #13 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 04:36 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvamoca View Post
mercurial .

Great word

SuperG
cvamoca likes this.

HŁndin 32CACT, 2334CSAT, 2016 GAA 2.85
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 07:21 PM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperG View Post
Great word

SuperG
Lol! I had to look it up!! But agree!!

Jchrest glad everything is getting better for you!
Goals today, mowing-done!
Need to finish poodle skirt for my granddaughters Halloween costume-getting there!
cvamoca likes this.
post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 07:22 PM
Master Member

Goals for Today - Chuck Edition:
1) Workout/lift
2) Don't post too much on the forum while at work lol
3) Take Rollo on trail hike & then stop by the park to do some training
4) Eat a lot of meat

Rollo: Viking & 1st ruler of Normandy | D.O.B. | 11-27-2017
Chuck (me): |23 Years Old|
post #16 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 07:52 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvamoca View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax08 View Post
???So you are keeping all the dogs?
I don't get it.
Friday you quit the forum, and were rehoming the dogs except Lyca and Seiran on Monday.

Sunday you came back, and Monday--no one's going anywhere. So, did everything magically fix itself on Saturday during fence building? That must have been some fence, and some awesome weekend!

I do understand how pain and craziness in a home can affect everything, and yes, things can change rapidly. Personally I'd think more than twice before you foster another dog. Things are just way too mercurial in your household.
It’s okay, I don’t expect anyone to understand.

It was Thursday that we went to counseling, and I reacted based on the counselors advice. DH and I had a heart to heart on Friday, and realized that neither of us wanted to give up the dogs, and we had made a rash decision in deciding to rehoming them.

No, the fence building was not a cure-all. It was built for safety reasons. Nothing is going to be a cure-all. We get that. But all relationships take a hit now and then, and it’s a hit we worked through together. We have zero intentions of getting another dog. Fostering is not something I will do again for a very long while. I wasn’t counting on DH falling for the first pup foster I did. I have fostered my entire adult life, so I am used to not getting attached. DH hasn’t had time to turn that off. I’ve fostered 6 adult dogs since DH and I bought our home, and he didn’t get involved. Floki is the only one that that immediately warmed up to DH and followed him everywhere he went. It’s a mistake many fosters go through initially.

I’m sorry that our decision offends you. Well actually, I’m not. It’s our life, and we are the ones living it. The dogs have never been in any type of harm, and is training slows down or stops for a few months, it’s not the end of the world. Would you like the counselors information so he can tell you to give up on yourself and what makes you, you. Because that is exactly what happened. I’m always going to have a huge heart and a large crew, it’s just who I am.
@Saco and @Jax08, Crios has never reacted to Lyka’s heat cycles. Hopefully he won’t react to Seiran’s either. If he does, even while being neutered, it’s back to crate and rotate, which isn’t that difficult. We will cross that bridge when the time comes.
post #17 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jchrest View Post
Itís okay, I donít expect anyone to understand.

It was Thursday that we went to counseling, and I reacted based on the counselors advice. DH and I had a heart to heart on Friday, and realized that neither of us wanted to give up the dogs, and we had made a rash decision in deciding to rehoming them.

No, the fence building was not a cure-all. It was built for safety reasons. Nothing is going to be a cure-all. We get that. But all relationships take a hit now and then, and itís a hit we worked through together. We have zero intentions of getting another dog. Fostering is not something I will do again for a very long while. I wasnít counting on DH falling for the first pup foster I did. I have fostered my entire adult life, so I am used to not getting attached. DH hasnít had time to turn that off. Iíve fostered 6 adult dogs since DH and I bought our home, and he didnít get involved. Floki is the only one that that immediately warmed up to DH and followed him everywhere he went. Itís a mistake many fosters go through initially.

Iím sorry that our decision offends you. Well actually, Iím not. Itís our life, and we are the ones living it. The dogs have never been in any type of harm, and is training slows down or stops for a few months, itís not the end of the world. Would you like the counselors information so he can tell you to give up on yourself and what makes you, you. Because that is exactly what happened. Iím always going to have a huge heart and a large crew, itís just who I am.
@Saco and @Jax08, Crios has never reacted to Lykaís heat cycles. Hopefully he wonít react to Seiranís either. If he does, even while being neutered, itís back to crate and rotate, which isnít that difficult. We will cross that bridge when the time comes.
Bolded because it doesn't in the least offend me.

It is your life, you are the mother of kids and thrice married. I don't presume to know, or speak for you. You certainly aren't beholden to some anonymous internet stranger.

I just didn't "get" the complete turnaround, from Thursday (my mistake on which day) to today, unless you were looking for a reaction, which you got.

IMHO, your life IS mercurial, at least it appears that way by your posts. Look at all the craziness you've been through in this past 6-8 weeks. Your mother/family troubles, your husband, your surgery, your new foster dog Floki, etc. That's a whole lot of things to be dealing with in the last couple of months.

However, I'm glad to have taught people a new word, as vocabulary is important.
Truly, I wish you and the dogs the best.
sit,stay, tc68 and Benjaminb like this.
post #18 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jchrest View Post
Itís okay, I donít expect anyone to understand.

No, the fence building was not a cure-all. It was built for safety reasons. Nothing is going to be a cure-all. We get that. But all relationships take a hit now and then, and itís a hit we worked through together. We have zero intentions of getting another dog. Fostering is not something I will do again for a very long while. I wasnít counting on DH falling for the first pup foster I did. I have fostered my entire adult life, so I am used to not getting attached. DH hasnít had time to turn that off. Iíve fostered 6 adult dogs since DH and I bought our home, and he didnít get involved. Floki is the only one that that immediately warmed up to DH and followed him everywhere he went. Itís a mistake many fosters go through initially.

Iím sorry that our decision offends you. Well actually, Iím not. Itís our life, and we are the ones living it. The dogs have never been in any type of harm, and is training slows down or stops for a few months, itís not the end of the world. Would you like the counselors information so he can tell you to give up on yourself and what makes you, you. Because that is exactly what happened. Iím always going to have a huge heart and a large crew, itís just who I am.
@Saco and @Jax08, Crios has never reacted to Lykaís heat cycles. Hopefully he wonít react to Seiranís either. If he does, even while being neutered, itís back to crate and rotate, which isnít that difficult. We will cross that bridge when the time comes.
Bolded because it doesn't in the least offend me.

It is your life, you are the mother of kids and thrice married. I don't presume to know, or speak for you You certainly aren't beholden to some anonymous internet stranger.

I just didn't "get" the complete turnaround, from Thursday (my mistake on which day) to today, unless you were looking for a reaction, which you got.

IMHO, your life IS mercurial, at least it appears that way by your posts. Look at all the craziness you've been through in this past 6-8 weeks. Your mother/family troubles, your husband, your surgery, your new foster dog Floki, etc. That's a whole lot of things to be dealing with in the last couple of months.

However, I'm glad to have taught people a new word, as vocabulary is important.
Truly, I wish you and the dogs the best.
Jax08 likes this.
post #19 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
Master Member

I’m well aware of what my life looks like from the outside in. I’ve lived it. I wish I could say I made it all up for attention, but I haven’t. Yes, life gets messy, and my mistake was using this forum as an outlet to vent. I won’t make that mistake again.

Today’s goals:

Vacuum all the tile and get rid of all the GSD tumbleweeds.
Take a long guilt free nap
Take Floki back to the vet for some basic obedience classes I signed up for yesterday so he will get used to being around dogs that aren’t my own.
Paint a picture with my girls. My eldest girl loves art and got a ton of art supplies for her birthday.
Take a long guilt free bath.

And that’s all she wrote for the day.
post #20 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 10:52 AM
Crowned Member

In cvamoca's defense - you can't really be mad at her for giving an opinion. You've put your life on the internet, a life filled with drama, and you should expect people to scrutinize it (both good and bad).

I'm really surprised you are vacuuming and driving dogs to the vet. I had very strict orders to basically do nothing for the first two weeks and I only had c6/c7 fused. I was not even allowed to walk my dogs and I was not allowed to drive until my recheck at 2 weeks.
sit,stay, tc68, misfits and 1 others like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page