Just for me. - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Just for me.

Today has been a crawl back into bed and ignore the world kind of day. The stress of the first week of school with the girls, the snake that STILL hasn’t eaten (no idea how that thing is still alive, it will be a month on 8/9), the foster saga, my pre-op appt, waiting on results from the vet, it’s just all added up. Can’t move my neck hardly at all because I’ve been so tense the past few days/weeks. The pool is green and the lawn is overgrown because we cancelled landscaping and pool service to cut expenses (with a ton of other things), and I’m now responsible for being the landscaper and pool cleaner. Obviously not doing a great job at that. Haven’t been able to pick up dog poop in 3 days, and the backyard looks like a mine field. DH and I are at each other’s throats over the dang foster, and he’s resentful that I’ve let everything go to poop in the last few weeks. He picked up a side contract for all the urgent cares in the area, so when he gets home from work, he has to get on his computer and do more work. Just a lot of stress and pressure lately. This has been the hardest year I can remember, and I’m not doing a thing to make it any easier. Sure, let’s deal with my crazy family, purchase a puppy (that breaks its jaw and all the medical expenses and time spent on that), bring in a foster (who DH falls in love with and wants to kept and is making all his stress about everything else turn into never ending fights about the foster, when we both really know that’s not the real issue). Buying a freaking lizard to see if the snake would eat that, and now have another “pet” because the snake wouldn’t eat that either. Buying a stupid big house, two new cars, and all new furniture that Crios chewed to crap in the first month. Going into debt. I’ve been debt free since I was 25. DH has massive amounts of debt because he always wants the newest, best, shiniest thing out there. Losing my job because I had a complete freaking meltdown at work. Going from 110lbs to 170 in a year and hating myself for not doing more to stay active despite the pain. Finding out surgery was now, not 2 years from now like originally scheduled, and knowing it’s a scary freaking surgery. I need to learn to stop adding outside pressure onto myself to distract me from the real issues and pretending like everything is great. It’s not. Life sucks right now, and I pulled it all down on top of myself. I’m going to now crawl into bed, take an extra muscle relaxer, and sleep until my girls get out of school. Then start tackling one issue at a time, once I figure out which issue to start with. Baby steps, right!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 02:21 PM
Crowned Member

I suspect we all have days like that. Just want to crawl into bed.
I know I do. All those accidents when I was younger came back to bite me. It hurts.
Get some sleep. Things always look better after a good nap.
post #3 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 02:42 PM
Crowned Member

Just as you have good days to balance it all out. Tomorrow is a new day!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 02:49 PM
Crowned Member

Take more gabapentin.
cvamoca likes this.

post #5 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 03:26 PM
Elite Member

I don't have any advice, but sending you good thoughts and wishes. Do something relaxing and stress-relieving tonight if you can--movie night with the fam, read a book, take a long bath, whatever helps. I hope you can take the night off.
post #6 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Woke up from my nap, and tackled a few off my “worry list.” First was to take a shower and shave my legs. Sounds weird, I know, but when I spiral, I spiral hard. I let my hair air dry instead of the usual blow dry/hair straightener, and let it be in its natural curly state. Put on makeup, which I haven’t done in forever, and got a ton of compliments from DH when he got home.

Second thing I tackled, I finally got the dang snake to eat. I had to very finely chop the pinky up and put it in a syringe and force feed, but he kept it all down, no regurgitation!

Then I bathed Seiran, all the pool swimming she had been doing made her coat so cotton(y) that I couldn’t get a rake through.

I’m hoping to get the yard poop free this evening if i don’t shut down at some point. I need one of those campers headlights, it would be so much easier to do at night where it’s 95-100 instead of the 117 it is now.
@Jax08, thanks for the reminder. My prescription needed a refill, so I called it in and am on my way to pick it up now.

Called the vet, got the number to the lab, and called and bugged them. No results yet. But the vet said if I keep calling, they’ll likely get it processed sooner.

Now off to pick up meds and get groceries for dinner.
sebrench likes this.
post #7 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jchrest View Post
Second thing I tackled, I finally got the dang snake to eat. I had to very finely chop the pinky up and put it in a syringe and force feed, but he kept it all down, no regurgitation!
Good job! As for the "pet" lizard that the snake would not eat, if he came from Petco or Petsmart, you should be able to return him. Just curious, what kind of snake do you have?

About your biggest concern, the surgery - a friend of mine had a similar surgery done by a very good surgeon and he says it was not fun but not awful. He says his total knee replacement was ten times worse. He can't turn his head but he can turn his upper body and does just fine. He says your DH should get you a wide view rear view mirror for your car to compensate for your limited postop head turning.

Hang in there!
post #8 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 11:00 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonRob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jchrest View Post
Good job! As for the "pet" lizard that the snake would not eat, if he came from Petco or Petsmart, you should be able to return him. Just curious, what kind of snake do you have?

About your biggest concern, the surgery - a friend of mine had a similar surgery done by a very good surgeon and he says it was not fun but not awful. He says his total knee replacement was ten times worse. He can't turn his head but he can turn his upper body and does just fine. He says your DH should get you a wide view rear view mirror for your car to compensate for your limited postop head turning.

Hang in there!
Thanks @JonRob. The lizard is only returnable for 3 days I believe. It’s actually working out some though, because I make my 7yr old do extra chores to buy the crickets it eats, so it’s a win for me for all the little stuff around the house that she can take care of. Less bending for me!

It’s a baby corn snake. Hatched 7/9. Hasn’t gone through a shed either. So we shall see. Now that I know there is a way to feed him, it’s not a worry anymore. The force feeding was much quicker than trying to tease it for an hour and constantly having to rewarm the pinkie.

Thankfully, one of those new cars has all the new fancy stuff, backup camera, side, rear, and front warnings. I can also put it on auto drive, so there is actually little movement needed. I’ve pretty much perfected the body turn just because the pain is too intense if I try to move my neck past an certain point.

Just finished mowing the front yard, now onto the backyard to do poop duty! I borrowed a forehead flashlight from my sister, so it should be much easier than trying to do it in pitch dark!
post #9 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 11:43 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

And poop duty done! Now for the second shower of the day...

Apparently posting my laziness online gave me the motivation to suck it up and get shhhhh done!!!!!!
post #10 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 10:18 AM Thread Starter
Master Member

Woke up feeling sore, but accomplished. Then I saw Floki. His eyes cleared up with the drops, but his nose was crusted with green discharge. Now I’m watching for any signs of wobbliness, or weird head ticks. It’s normally that followed by seizures. Still crossing my fingers it could just be an upper respiratory issue, but only time will tell. The vet didn’t put him on any meds but the eye drops because she wanted to wait until the lab results came back.

Other than that, I’m in pretty good spirits. Going to tackle some backyard work today. Get the lawn mowed and get all the dead leafs raked up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page